Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Bugger - The END?  (Read 35816 times)

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Bugger - The END?
« Reply #75 on: 26 July 2006, 11:33:52 »

Sorry, I thought there was a full How-to on the Omega cambelt, I must have been thinking of the cambelt party.

There is a text description by Mark on the Omega Cambelt cover removal  http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63883.

There may be more pics in the 'Cambelt Party' thread on vauxhallownersnetwork, I tried to find it for you but the forum search doesnt seem to be working at present.

Looks like we need to do a Maintainance Guide next time a cambelt change is done.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 26 July 2006, 12:05:35 »

I guess its too far to tow the car to me in Brackley so we can strip down to check belt...
Grumpy old man

archermk

• Roundabout City, Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 26 July 2006, 12:44:19 »

Allenm, I'm feeling a bit guilty on this one, being just a few miles away and having done this all recently. However my car is in for its MOT today and I'm away on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks. If you are still in a dilemma when I get back I'll pop around & give you a hand. Good luck.
J

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 26 July 2006, 17:43:48 »

E 10 on the timing cover E12 for the plenum (under the black plastic covers)

for the
If thats still a bit hard, remove the two bolts from the top of the cam cover, ease it open slightly so you can see the belt and get some body to quickly turn the engine over (mind your fingers!). If the belt moves then you know its at least still in one piece!

This sounds like it may be possible  :-[

Are these the two bolts you are referring to?

What sort of bolt is that?  The Halfords kit that was being discussed in an earlier thread, does it have a part number or specific name?  sounds like I might need more than my adjustable spanner  ;D
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 26 July 2006, 22:47:31 »

Replied but post disapeared so try again.

Does anyone have a spare pair of 2.5 heads???  
Issunaz??

they are available if required

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 26 July 2006, 22:56:30 »

I guess its too far to tow the car to me in Brackley so we can strip down to check belt...

I should be getting my project car this weekend. It will needs its cambelt replaced, done 38k ago & would make the car more saleable...  since it won't be my main car, I am going to feel easier taking the thing to bits.

I really want to have a go at doing this myself, now i have a digi camera and could take pictures as i go, upload as I go asking questions. If i get really stuck i am hoping jamie might pop down  :D & fix what ever i have broke, but it means we could have a Maintaince Guide with pictures.

AllenM, do you have Skype or MSN? - Maybe we could do a Maintaince Conferance!   ;D
« Last Edit: 26 July 2006, 22:57:06 by tunnie »

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 27 July 2006, 00:39:46 »

If you look at the other site - under jseaman threads - i did a complete re-build for him - the engine was out of the car - but all the pics are there on how it got it out (not the best method but he managed it) pity the pics couldn't be transfered to this site.
Would be willing to help with this one - but going on holls Friday - don't think the Mrs would be tooo happy if I packed the tool box ;D - though I'm very tempted!!!!!

Then again she did devorce me once!!!! can't afford that again only got married again last year...... long story

I should be getting my project car this weekend. It will needs its cambelt replaced, done 38k ago & would make the car more saleable...  since it won't be my main car, I am going to feel easier taking the thing to bits.

I really want to have a go at doing this myself, now i have a digi camera and could take pictures as i go, upload as I go asking questions. If i get really stuck i am hoping jamie might pop down  :D & fix what ever i have broke, but it means we could have a Maintaince Guide with pictures.

AllenM, do you have Skype or MSN? - Maybe we could do a Maintaince Conferance!   ;D
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 27 July 2006, 09:14:51 »

Replied but post disapeared so try again.

Does anyone have a spare pair of 2.5 heads???  
Issunaz??

they are available if required

Thanks Issunaz, I'll keep you posted on the progress.  Going to attempt to strip it down to see the state of the belt and how far it is slipped.  Are the heads all the same?

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 27 July 2006, 09:18:35 »

Tunnie

Please take lots of pictures as you go, my biggest problem is that I don't know the name of the parts mentioned in the how2s, so a series of pictures as each bit is removed would be of great help.

Not sure about the maintenance conference, but it sounds a laugh ;D, how about rigging a webcam up to the top of the bonnet and broadcasting a webcast of the process ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 27 July 2006, 09:52:18 »

I did think about that, but i don't think it will be clear enough. I have an old web cam but its rubbish picture quailty so i doubt you could tell what things are.

Loads of pictures are not a problem, I plan sorting out my garage work bench set my laptop up in there and take shed loads of pictures.

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 27 July 2006, 18:17:00 »

Hmmm, but could be worth £250 for the inevitable f*** up, caught on camera :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 27 July 2006, 18:39:52 »

;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 29 July 2006, 21:33:40 »

Allenm, sorry, I have been busy away from this forum for a few days, and haven't really been able to follow this thread :(

Is this still the current situation (ie you haven't yet been able to strip down to cambelt)?
Grumpy old man

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 31 July 2006, 09:14:28 »

I have been somewhat occupied with fitting a new bathroom suite! What a way to spend a scorching hot weekend!! So the car is still intact on the drive.

I now have a Haines manual for the car although it is only up to T-reg, I assume the engine is still the same!  But could do with some better pictures of the strip down process - Anyone?

What tools will I need other than the Torx sockets?

Cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 31 July 2006, 09:16:35 »

When are you around - I can help you strip down to cambelt. The you can take some piccies, and get some advice from people on here...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.