Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: had just about enough now, a sad day for my car!  (Read 17597 times)

HCG

• Cheshire, UK
    • View Profile
Re: had just about enough now, a sad day for my car!
« Reply #60 on: 07 April 2009, 22:22:23 »

Sorry, but this has got to be a wind up. Yearrr mhaann....

Welung666

« Reply #61 on: 07 April 2009, 22:22:45 »

okay, so the heating thing is no big deal

but PLEASE in Lamens terms, how do i find out about my head gasket and if it has definately gone, thats all i would like to know so that i can keep driving my car, VX have scared the shit out of me, just dont wanna drive it to Nottingham this sunday and then back again, a round trip of 250 miles and break down on the way

where can i take the car to get this solenoid changed, or to sort this VAC Problem out? wanna make sure its getting done properly

Stop off at mine on the way and I'll give you a hand to sort it out.

Welung666

« Reply #62 on: 07 April 2009, 22:25:12 »

As previously said, ignore the idiot in the village, he should stick to his BMW Minis (I know of him)

im not gonna argue on here, the guy does ALL Makes of cars, he is a Genuine mechanic, unlike others i have come across, he doesnt rip you off and charges a good price for the work he does..
he NEVER has cars go back with problems he hasnt sorted after he has done them

Seriously though Wayne your mechanic has it wrong! These guys know their stuff (I.E. namely Omega's) I'd believe them over my regular MOT tester/mechanic!!!!

Wayne

« Reply #63 on: 07 April 2009, 22:27:17 »

whereabouts are you mate?

Wayne

« Reply #64 on: 07 April 2009, 22:28:13 »

and HCG, what do you mean, this aint NO Wind Up!

Welung666

« Reply #65 on: 07 April 2009, 22:29:01 »

whereabouts are you mate?

Not far from juncs. 4, 3 and 2 on the M5.

[edit]Are you about in the daytime?[/edit]
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 22:29:46 by Welung666 »

Wayne

« Reply #66 on: 07 April 2009, 22:30:58 »

yeah, as long as i get my Butt to Nottingham and be there by 4.30pm

im just worried about driving the car thats all, does knowbody understand that!   ::)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 22:31:49 by Wayne »

psg150

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07 April 2009, 22:31:19 »

Wayne - relax. I have had my share of issues with my meggy and it is rarely as expensive as it can look. My oil pump went last year, the AA and my local mechanic for local people diagnosed Head Gasket. Opinion on here was oil pump. I was bricking it - I couldn't afford to replace the car at the time - but the boys were right. £225 to fix by a different mechanic (who incidentally said HGs VERY RARELY go on Omegas..)

Trust.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07 April 2009, 22:31:38 »

okay, so the heating thing is no big deal

but PLEASE in Lamens terms, how do i find out about my head gasket and if it has definately gone, thats all i would like to know so that i can keep driving my car, VX have scared the shit out of me, just dont wanna drive it to Nottingham this sunday and then back again, a round trip of 250 miles and break down on the way

where can i take the car to get this solenoid changed, or to sort this VAC Problem out? wanna make sure its getting done properly
nothing has suggested a hg failure. dont worry about it.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #69 on: 07 April 2009, 22:32:12 »

Wayne. Its not a head gaskit problem from what you said. If you want to test anything look for water in the oil shown by white deposits(mayo, similar to that sometimes normally found on the inside of the oil filler cap/neck). Do this by pulling the oil dip stick out and visually check what the oil looks like. Anything from Gold(new oil) to black(old oil)in colour is fine.

If it has any white/grey/caramel colour in it, is thin and milkey, suspect Head Gaskit.

You say you worried about cost yet your waisting money on a pressure test. The guy who told you the HG had failed was talking 'dangle berries'. He did not do a pressure test, from your description re "turning yellow", this is a sniffer test(for exhaust fumes) and is totally unreliable.

Have been thinking this from the start of your thread and agree with what everyone else is basically saying, that is your HG is fine. You would have other more serious issues if it had failed. Save your money for a new Heater by pass valve. Hth

Above sounds a bit shouty, not ment to be, just factual and to the best of my knowledge.  :y

Wayne

« Reply #70 on: 07 April 2009, 22:32:55 »

I forgot to say, i only had my Water Pump replaced with a new one about 18 months ago

Welung666

« Reply #71 on: 07 April 2009, 22:34:12 »

yeah, as long as i get my Butt to Nottingham and be there by 4.30pm

im just worried about driving the car thats all, does knowbody understand that!   ::)

I meant during this week but hey ho. Just keep a regular check on your coolant level and you'll be fine.

Wayne

« Reply #72 on: 07 April 2009, 22:34:30 »

Wayne. Its not a head gaskit problem from what you said. If you want to test anything look for water in the oil shown by white deposits(mayo, similar to that sometimes normally found on the inside of the oil filler cap/neck). Do this by pulling the oil dip stick out and visually check what the oil looks like. Anything from Gold(new oil) to black(old oil)in colour is fine.

If it has any white/grey/caramel colour in it, is thin and milkey, suspect Head Gaskit.

You say you worried about cost yet your waisting money on a pressure test. The guy who told you the HG had failed was talking 'dangle berries'. He did not do a pressure test, from your description re "turning yellow", this is a sniffer test(for exhaust fumes) and is totally unreliable.

Have been thinking this from the start of your thread and agree with what everyone else is basically saying, that is your HG is fine. You would have other more serious issues if it had failed. Save your money for a new Heater by pass valve. Hth

Above sounds a bit shouty, not ment to be, just factual and to the best of my knowledge.  :y

yeah, thanks for that, i didn't take it as being snappy, my oil is EXACTLY as you described  ;D
and i think it was a sniffer test! VX just told me that the mechanic done something and the colour turned yellow! whatever that meant!
all i know is that it cost me £29 !
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 22:36:59 by Wayne »

Wayne

« Reply #73 on: 07 April 2009, 22:38:14 »

i will keep my eye on the coolant level, if it keeps going down i will panic!

if i drive my car and it blows up, i will hunt you all down and kill you all!! JOKE!  :D

a new HBV costs? and the solenoid thingy for my heating costs?
where is the best place to get these 2 items from?
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 22:39:47 by Wayne »

HCG

• Cheshire, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07 April 2009, 22:39:10 »

and HCG, what do you mean, this aint NO Wind Up!

Ok - then relax a bit - the guys on here will sort you out. VX MD's don't want people bringing 10 year old cars to them with a fault they can't "plug and play" and the last Omega was probably built 7 years ago. They usually guarantee repairs for 12 months so it's a big risk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.