Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well done, Autoglass!  (Read 1592 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Well done, Autoglass!
« on: 27 May 2019, 16:21:17 »

Despite my trepidation about having Autoglass replace my cracked windscreen, especially after reading the comments in a similar thread earlier, they arrived on time today with a 2-man crew and new rubbers.
Unfortunately, the rubbers were pattern and didn't fit very well, so they re-used my originals, which thankfully were in good condition.
They did an excellent, thoroughly professional job,  even removing the rust revealed under the bottom trim - and primed it too!  :y :y :y 8) :)

They ain't ALL bad.....

Ron.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
Re: Well done, Autoglass!
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2019, 17:56:53 »

That's good to hear. Wish mine went aswell as yours. Hopefully Friday it will be sorted.
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2019, 18:05:19 »

They did the wife's astra last Thursday, no problems at all.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2019, 19:49:46 »

I wonder if you had the same two fitters I had Ron. They did an excellent job apart from they weren't sent with the outer rubber trim so had to reuse the old one, which I now want to replace if possible.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2019, 19:56:06 »

They were both forty-somethings, Steven and Jay. Jay was bald/shaven.
They attempted to fit the supplied pattern trim, but was too wide in the top corners.
I would rather have my original GM trim than poor quality pattern trim, especially as my original trim was in good condition even after 18 years! :)

Ron.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2019, 19:02:31 »

Splendid !   glad it went well for you Ron.  But my long lasting totally inept customer service from Autoglass has had a lasting effect on me ever using them again  >:( >:( >:(

A point rising from the recent windscreen change reports via insurance  on here it seems you have to pre advise which ever company fits it that you need them to supply & bring with them ALL the new Genuine GM trims.

If they argue  . . just go back to the insurers  :y
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2019, 21:27:09 »

Hi Mr. Blue. My insurers refused to sanction new trims, but in the event, Autoglass sent pattern trims - which did not fit; but my originals were in good condition, so happiness.
However, Autoglass' admin and communications were utter crap, so I am with you on that!

Ron.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2019, 18:38:47 »

Hi Mr. Blue. My insurers refused to sanction new trims, but in the event, Autoglass sent pattern trims - which did not fit; but my originals were in good condition, so happiness.
However, Autoglass' admin and communications were utter crap, so I am with you on that!

Ron.

I can give you plenty of much more suitable expliatives words  to describe their woeful admin , communications & customer service. Most have only four letters. Apart from the plural of a discription of a  certain ladypart which has five     >:( >:( >:( >:(
 They are a complete shower in my book  :o :o :o :o     
 Rant over  . . .  sorry but they pis*ed me off big time  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 18:44:13 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2019, 11:44:32 »

Well National Windscreens came today, the same bloke new assistant. They took the screen out and fitted the new surround took an hour all in. Looks so much better everywhere on the screen.

So wife is pleased now. Only problem is now it shows the rest of her car up, so got cosmetic work to on it.

Thanks again for all the help. I will now know to ask for new surrounds if a new screen is needed again.

Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.