Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2032  (Read 2481 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« on: 12 February 2020, 14:10:13 »

Is the date the government is now aiming for to be rid of petrol and planet killing derv. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
Re: 2032
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2020, 14:11:36 »

First it is 2040....then 2035.....now(possibly) 2032.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2020, 14:25:23 »

Three years less of black babies falling out of trees in Africa every time STMO starts the Astra. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2020, 14:31:04 »

It'll be 2025 by next week, at this rate.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2020, 16:28:39 »

It'll be 2025 by next week, at this rate.

Yep.

Anyway, I have an I-Pace on the drive as I type so I'm doing my bit to save the planet. It's OK in an ' household appliance' sort of way.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2020, 16:37:53 »

Good luck with that 😀😀😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2020, 16:43:54 »

Good luck with that 😀😀😀

I was hoping for 24 hours with the car but apparently it is going out again tomorrow morning. So I will have to take it back in a few minutes ( because presumably they need to charge it overnight) and pick up my 'proper car' which has hopefully passed it's MOT.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2020, 17:03:05 »

If I was young again, there are a number of growth areas I would look to work in.

Speed wall climbing, supplying trees for eco planting and installing charging points. That Porsche on Top Gear  ( I want one) on max charge uses SIXTY times the power that our overhead supply can handle. My suspicion is once buying electric cars take off that there will be a massive programme of perhaps government sponsored installs.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2020, 18:08:34 »

The date is for the ban of new petrol and diesel cars, so presumably it will still be OK to go about in an Omega?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2020, 18:21:39 »

One day a young polar bear approached his mother and asked, "Am I a Polar Bear?". "Yes" she replied gently, "as am I and as is your father."

The following day he approached her again. "So, if you're a Polar Bear, and father is also a Polar Bear, then I must also be a Polar Bear?". "That's right." she replied, slightly bemused.

The next day, he went to her a third time, and in a puzzled voice, asked "Let me get this right. To be certain. If you are a Polar Bear and Father is also a Polar Bear, then I am definitely a Polar Bear as well?". Again she replied, "Yes, that is completely correct. Why do you ask?".

"Well...", said the young bear, very confused, "if we're are all three certainly Polar Bears, then why am I so opposing cold?".
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2020, 18:26:25 »

One day a young polar bear approached his mother and asked, "Am I a Polar Bear?". "Yes" she replied gently, "as am I and as is your father."

The following day he approached her again. "So, if you're a Polar Bear, and father is also a Polar Bear, then I must also be a Polar Bear?". "That's right." she replied, slightly bemused.

The next day, he went to her a third time, and in a puzzled voice, asked "Let me get this right. To be certain. If you are a Polar Bear and Father is also a Polar Bear, then I am definitely a Polar Bear as well?". Again she replied, "Yes, that is completely correct. Why do you ask?".

"Well...", said the young bear, very confused, "if we're are all three certainly Polar Bears, then why am I so opposing cold?".

The old jokes are the best!  ::)  ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2020, 18:33:00 »

This story cam from Grant Shapps, who wouldn't know a fact if it kicked him up the arse.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 February 2020, 20:29:00 »

Also, as the limit of any administration's strategy is 5-10yrs, they're fairly safe to make up any ol' sh!te that they like.  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2020, 21:44:19 »

If I was young again, there are a number of growth areas I would look to work in.

Speed wall climbing, supplying trees for eco planting and installing charging points. That Porsche on Top Gear  ( I want one) on max charge uses SIXTY times the power that our overhead supply can handle. My suspicion is once buying electric cars take off that there will be a massive programme of perhaps government sponsored installs.
                   Charge the cars and bring back power cuts for homes :y :y
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 February 2020, 22:06:18 »

Also, as the limit of any administration's strategy is 5-10yrs, they're fairly safe to make up any ol' sh!te that they like.  :y

Yes by 2030 they'll be telling us that disaster has been averted for now, so we can put off the petrol and diesel ban until 2040.  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2020, 11:21:32 »

Yes by 2030 they'll be telling us that disaster has been averted for now, so we can put off the petrol and diesel ban until 2040.  ::)

they'll making the anouncement at the opening of the new temporary Parliament Chamber in Birmingham** commuted to on HS2 to make the financial return look better.....

Of course that is utter fantasy, as none of these projects will be even near to completion in only twelve years.

Actually a former warehouse, converted at the bargain cost of £37million, on a rundown industrial estate outside Birmingham.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2020, 13:55:03 »

By 2032 I will own an electric vehicle. I'll be allowed to drive it around shopping centres, on the pavement and when flat out I'll be able to reach 4mph. Or, if I'm really lucky and my hips hold out, I may still be driving my planet killing derv that can do over seven hundred miles before recharging refuelling.
The question is, how long will the fuel stations still operate for when electric vehicles become the norm.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2020, 13:58:51 »

By 2032 I will own an electric vehicle. I'll be allowed to drive it around shopping centres, on the pavement and when flat out I'll be able to reach 4mph. Or, if I'm really lucky and my hips hold out, I may still be driving my planet killing derv that can do over seven hundred miles before recharging refuelling.
The question is, how long will the fuel stations still operate for when electric vehicles become the norm.  :-\
They won't. People might want them to be, but oil companies contribute far more to the global economy than people car to admit :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 February 2020, 10:59:31 »

companies that own and run filling stations will happily dispose of their expensive to buy/run/maintain/replace tanks/pumps/plumbing/supply chain/etc and replace them with chargers. They're already heavily invested in doing this, according to my source.

Just like using horses for transport 100+ years ago, using liquid fuel in vehicles is a legacy solution. It can't last far into the future

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 February 2020, 11:24:52 »

To be honest, as long as I'm still physically able to ride when petrol cars get taxed off the road, I'll stick with riding my horse* thanks as hopefully I will have retired (I can dream!) and not need to drive up and down the Country any more. Much better for the soul than driving round in a glorified Scalextric plastic box which every 14yo can hack with an apple watch and nick.

*Suspect new horse will be required by then though!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 February 2020, 13:28:33 »

Last time I rode a horse I fell off....  :-\

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.