Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 2434 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Oh dear
« on: 16 February 2020, 18:42:04 »

An advert on TV earlier{I only caught part of it}for a new model of the Fiat 500 said the seats were made from recycled material-plastic I think they said :-\ A Fiat made from recycled material :D what could possibly go wrong ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2020, 18:57:53 »

Are not all cars made from recycled material in so many ways?

Machines / metal has been recycled for a 100 years or more :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2020, 19:05:48 »

For decades Fiat's have been well known for their tendency to recycle themselves!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2020, 08:39:56 »

Fabric made from recycled material is now a thing in cars and quite common

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2020, 12:28:18 »

Wifey has had 2 Fiats, she loved them especially the 2008 Panda I hated them both with a vengeance most parts seemed to break as soon as you touched them, glad to say that she loves her Subaru Forester & so do I.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2020, 16:00:36 »

It is only when you see the old printed labels of tin cans inside the bodywork that you need to worry! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Those of us of a certain age will remember the tin toys that came out of Japan in the late 1950's.  My brother had a lovely toy US army truck bought for him by our Royal Navy father, after he came back from a tour of duty that included Japan, that had the printed labels still the in tins that it was made from of this otherwise marvelous truck!  :D :D :)

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2020, 17:03:46 »

It is only when you see the old printed labels of tin cans inside the bodywork that you need to worry! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Those of us of a certain age will remember the tin toys that came out of Japan in the late 1950's.  My brother had a lovely toy US army truck bought for him by our Royal Navy father, after he came back from a tour of duty that included Japan, that had the printed labels still the in tins that it was made from of this otherwise marvelous truck!  :D :D :)
Plenty of cars had baked bean tins welded in where the floor under the drivers feet had gone. Wet carpets in the front in those days had nothing to do with scuttle drains or hedgehogs, it was because they were the only thing between you and the road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2020, 17:22:12 »

Plenty of cars had baked bean tins welded in where the floor under the drivers feet had gone. Wet carpets in the front in those days had nothing to do with scuttle drains or hedgehogs, it was because they were the only thing between you and the road.

My first car was a Austin A40 the floor was a Hillman Imp bonnet.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2020, 17:39:01 »

So was mine! 8) 8) :y

Bought for £30 in 1970, but the chassis was so rotten the passenger seat hung in mid air with the cross members rotted through / missing and the whole body could be lifted up, but the chassis and wheels stayed on the floor.  I wish mine had the baked bean tins as STEMO described; mine just had wads of old newspapers all around the non-existent sills!! :o :o

Still it passed two MOT's, as was possible in he early 70's if the tester liked you!!

Happy days! 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2020, 18:03:06 »

:-*

Bought for £30 in 1970, but the chassis was so rotten the passenger seat hung in mid air with the cross members rotted through / missing and the whole body could be lifted up, but the chassis and wheels stayed on the floor.  I wish mine had the baked bean tins as STEMO described; mine just had wads of old newspapers all around the non-existent sills!! :o :o

Still it passed two MOT's, as was possible in he early 70's if the tester liked you!!

They were the first ever "hatchback" can't remember what I paid for mine it was royal blue with a black roof, sold it & bought a 3.3 Vauxhall Velox PB Hydramatic once I passed my test cost me £156 to insure it 3rd party in 1971.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2020, 19:48:15 »

:-*

They were the first ever "hatchback" can't remember what I paid for mine it was royal blue with a black roof, sold it & bought a 3.3 Vauxhall Velox PB Hydramatic once I passed my test cost me £156 to insure it 3rd party in 1971.

Yes, but not a true hatchback as we know it now, as only the almost vertical boot lid dropped down with the back window section being fixed.

Mine was light blue with a black roof, and a good measure of rust holes all round! ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2020, 20:13:28 »

........In 1971 I sold the number plate to an individual who knocked on my door for £30 (so money back! :D) and all costs to put new plates on.

This guy was one of the first, as I understand it, to start buying up pre 1963 registration numbers for the growing “personalisation” market.  My original A40 number is currently on a brand new Honda Jazz, so not a Rolls Royce! ::) ;D ;D :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2020, 23:34:54 »

........In 1971 I sold the number plate to an individual who knocked on my door for £30 (so money back! :D) and all costs to put new plates on.

This guy was one of the first, as I understand it, to start buying up pre 1963 registration numbers for the growing “personalisation” market.  My original A40 number is currently on a brand new Honda Jazz, so not a Rolls Royce! ::) ;D ;D :)

My reg was 5016 VW so could have been worth a few bob.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2020, 12:19:19 »

My reg was 5016 VW so could have been worth a few bob.

Yes, mine was 1721 JW, but then, as a naive teenager who did not know what was to come with the personalised number plate market, the £30 I got was just so great as my car became a "free" one (in truth no one would have given me even scrap value, and would have charged me to take it away, which is what Bromley Council eventually did, but again for "free"! ::) :D ;))

According to the DVLA your plate is no longer in use :D ;)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2020, 12:23:43 »

I went sledging on a Hillman imp bonnet in the sand dunes.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.