Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2002 Cdx DTi 2.2 diesel intermittent throttle sensor - all or nothing  (Read 827 times)

Dobbin

• Hampton Middx
    • View Profile

Hello and help
After months of incorrect diagnosis and "fixes" from many sources my mystery fault got less and less intermittent until it could be identified as a faulty injector pump. So I had a reconditioned pump fitted and everything was great apart from the hole in my bank account.

A soon as I got it home the throttle began to intermittently fail to work, with the engine sitting at 1500 revs regardless of the throttle position; sometimes the fuel gauge would stop working at the same time. Every time this happened the old Turn-It-Off-And-On-Again would reset the EML and everything would be fine until the next time.

I explained the fault to the chaps at the garage and they got fault code "throttle sensor not present" (can't remember the number), they reseated connections, cleaned a corroded earth to the engine and, apart from only once the next day, the fault seemed fixed.

It's now 450 miles later and the exact same fault has reappeared, very occasional at first but getting more and more frequent.

what could the source of this **** be? Any ideas most gratefully received.

Thanks
Thanks

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile

Replace the throttle pedal assembly. Done two of these which gives similar intermittent symptoms. Signum 2.2 and a transit.

Dobbin

• Hampton Middx
    • View Profile

Thanks for this, currently looking for good second hand replacement, Steve brown doesn't have any; found one on ebay listed by correct part number but wrong Bosch number. According to my removed one it should be:
(Vauxhall/OPEL: 9119063)
BOSCH:
0281 002 297
283 3000 34
09 129 106
Yellow Sticker: BG
I've found some with the 0281 002 297 number the same but all the rest different. Does anyone know the meaning of the letters on the yellow sticker, do they need to match?
many thanks for any help.

Dobbin

• Hampton Middx
    • View Profile

Thanks Tidla - all seems well.
Finally found working replacement at Derby Vauxhall Spares; the friendly and very helpful fellow said that as long as the first and last string of Bosch numbers matched mine that it would work, it was listed for a Vectra but that meant only that the bracket was different. He explained that the letters on the yellow sticker is internal Vauxhall info to be ignored.
Hope this info may be of use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.