Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2000 (W) Black Facelift Auto GLS saloon - Poole  (Read 1124 times)

AndersH

• Intermediate Member
  • Poole
    • View Profile
2000 (W) Black Facelift Auto GLS saloon - Poole
« on: 03 August 2010, 00:01:39 »

Right, I've been given a car so it's time sadly to get rid of the Omega.
It's got a fair few problems so I know it's not worth much, offers around £270 considered to stop me giving it to those annoying people at we buy any car...

2000 (W) Black auto facelift 2.5 GLS saloon - a couple of extras from the normal GLS spec, cruise and front fog lights. MOT is in place until November, tax until end of September. 117,000 miles

Issues!
Gearbox - it occasionally pops out of gear, when it does, if you press the sport button it will pop back in again with a bit of a thud. The thrust washer is intact (well was when I had it looked at when it first started happening) we replaced the ATF and it worked fine for a year or so but problem has come back.
Coolant - it's losing over a litre a month
Engine - Exhaust manifold gasket has gone so I understand - makes a tapping noise until it's warmed up
Aux belt - squeals in the winter - I changed the tensioner but this didn't fix it.
Heating - No heat from the cabin heaters - aircon is nice and cool though!
Exterior - trim missing off passenger side rear door, a couple of dents a fair few scratches
Interior - printer ink stains on all three sets of seats - a printer I was carrying leaked everywhere before I noticed...

Good ish bits
Tyres - new front tyres, rear ones a year old
Exhaust - New back box and one centre section this year - sounds too loud though still...
Cambelt - done at 89,000 miles

As you can see it's not in great nick - I'm used to all its faults but I understand it looks pretty bad when written down!

Any offers?
I'm based in Poole, Dorset.

bluehawk

• View Profile
Re: 2000 (W) Black Facelift Auto GLS saloon - Poole
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2010, 04:08:36 »

Right, I've been given a car so it's time sadly to get rid of the Omega.
It's got a fair few problems so I know it's not worth much, offers around £270 considered to stop me giving it to those annoying people at we buy any car...

2000 (W) Black auto facelift 2.5 GLS saloon - a couple of extras from the normal GLS spec, cruise and front fog lights. MOT is in place until November, tax until end of September. 117,000 miles

Issues!
Gearbox - it occasionally pops out of gear, when it does, if you press the sport button it will pop back in again with a bit of a thud. The thrust washer is intact (well was when I had it looked at when it first started happening) we replaced the ATF and it worked fine for a year or so but problem has come back.
Coolant - it's losing over a litre a month
Engine - Exhaust manifold gasket has gone so I understand - makes a tapping noise until it's warmed up
Aux belt - squeals in the winter - I changed the tensioner but this didn't fix it.
Heating - No heat from the cabin heaters - aircon is nice and cool though!
Exterior - trim missing off passenger side rear door, a couple of dents a fair few scratches
Interior - printer ink stains on all three sets of seats - a printer I was carrying leaked everywhere before I noticed...

Good ish bits
Tyres - new front tyres, rear ones a year old
Exhaust - New back box and one centre section this year - sounds too loud though still...
Cambelt - done at 89,000 miles

As you can see it's not in great nick - I'm used to all its faults but I understand it looks pretty bad when written down!

Any offers?
I'm based in Poole, Dorset.

Possibly HBV causing these ?

mantahatch

Re: 2000 (W) Black Facelift Auto GLS saloon - Poole
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2010, 13:51:21 »

PM sent  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.