Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just listening to the news  (Read 3290 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Just listening to the news
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2015, 23:04:11 »

Migrants escaping from African and Middle Eastern countries to escape religious persecution. Fair enough. So what happens on the boat? An argument about religion breaks out and a dozen Christians are thrown overboard.
Sad......pathetic....or just plain funny?

No , not sad , pathetic or funny but indicative of what can happen when Islam is the dominant "religion " whether in a country , state or a mere boat , if you don't agree or comply with it ,they kill you ........

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2015, 23:09:35 »

Migrants escaping from African and Middle Eastern countries to escape religious persecution. Fair enough. So what happens on the boat? An argument about religion breaks out and a dozen Christians are thrown overboard.
Sad......pathetic....or just plain funny?

No , not sad , pathetic or funny but indicative of what can happen when Islam is the dominant "religion " whether in a country , state or a mere boat , if you don't agree or comply with it ,they kill you ........
Nah, it's just an excuse to be a murdering thug. Murdering thugs came first, then the justification. Terrorists, religious fanatics, whatever..... =murderers. Should equal life in jail. And yet.....

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2015, 08:30:36 »

Most of the misery we see in this world is symptomatic of the concentration of power and wealth within only 1% of the worlds population - what ensues is collateral damage usually explained to us in terms of statistics .The 1% have a lot to answer for ?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2015, 10:42:05 »

Interesting that no one answered my question or proferred a solution. It was:

My question is at what volume of migrants into the EU (if at all) does the EU actively do something? Athousand a day? A hundred thousand a day? Is ten a day alright?  Should the EU have military boats turning back ships from North Africa rather than wait till they (possibly) arrive inEU waters?

Perhaps it is a case of out of sight(Italy) out of mind. The fact is that it is an EU(and therefore all of us) problem.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2015, 10:47:03 »

I think the answer to your question Varche, is that simply no one has a clue what to do about the thousands of migrants attempting to cross the Med.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 April 2015, 11:37:03 »

I think the answer to your question Varche, is that simply no one has a clue what to do about the thousands of migrants attempting to cross the Med.  :-\
I do. Slap said murderung thugs in jail! Nothing to run from then. (Which I believe is the main concern across the med to Italy currently....? )

The right to roam is another issue and has been in place, in one form or another, for centuries. While numbers are excessive, there is a strong element of hypocracy around immigration. Not least the English invasion of Spain. Traveling with family as a young boy I remember English shops and newspapers in very prominent positions around the med, Italy, Tunisia, southern France and obviously Spain.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2015, 11:53:10 »

I do. Slap said murderung thugs in jail! Nothing to run from then. (Which I believe is the main concern across the med to Italy currently....? )

The right to roam is another issue and has been in place, in one form or another, for centuries. While numbers are excessive, there is a strong element of hypocracy around immigration. Not least the English invasion of Spain. Traveling with family as a young boy I remember English shops and newspapers in very prominent positions around the med, Italy, Tunisia, southern France and obviously Spain.

How do you know they are all " murdering thugs"? How would you prove it? Which jails would you put them in? Pentonville?Reading? Or leave the Italians to cope?

They aren't all murdering thugs. Most are just people trying to escape poverty, hunger, destruction etc in their destabilised lands (mostly caused as I said earlier by the West). It isn't just an Italy problem either. Spain too has a tremendous number of migrants crossing the Med (or breaking into Melilla) daily.

Right to roam. With ref to your angle on Spain. The Spaniards welcomed North Europeans with open arms. They bought ruins and spent money in the local economy. They weren't a drain on the Spanish health system. They also welcomed over a million people looking for work in the last ten years. The only proviso being they could speak Spanish. They even gave a grant of a 1000 euros to help travel here or settle. Most bought flats which they "handed back to the banks" (there is a new word in Spanish for the concept) and went back home when the work dried up during the crisis. The Spanish government even gave them a small amount of money to clear off. Only about 100,000 of the original million remain. The right to roam is a fundamental part of EU legislation. Things are a bit different here now as new migrants have to prove they can support themselves for the first twelve months. Something covered by EU law but NOT invoked for some strange reason in Britain. Maybe you need the migrant labour on minimum wages or less?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 April 2015, 12:02:16 »

No V. The majority appear to be fleeing IS influences across north Africa. Hence the story Steve posted. No?

Re roaming, yes the Spanish are indeed welcoming. Yet the English....mmmmwell, not quite so keen. Clearly. Hence the element of hypocracy.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 April 2015, 12:25:54 »

No V. The majority appear to be fleeing IS influences across north Africa. Hence the story Steve posted. No?

Re roaming, yes the Spanish are indeed welcoming. Yet the English....mmmmwell, not quite so keen. Clearly. Hence the element of hypocracy.

Over the last 10 years millions have come to Britain for a better life and despite some grumbling there hasn't been any race riots or rivers of blood, which suggests to me that the English are in fact a pretty tolerant lot!  ;)

The Sheriff

« Reply #24 on: 18 April 2015, 12:34:10 »

Over the last 10 years millions have come to Britain for a better life and despite some grumbling there hasn't been any race riots or rivers of blood, which suggests to me that the English are in fact a pretty tolerant lot!  ;)
Not many of them down your way I'll wager, NIMBY  :P

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2015, 13:02:28 »

To answer Varches question the EU policy is that the country of entry is responsible for dealing with the issue rather than Brussels...

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2015, 13:06:35 »

Ok, so because we don't go out cracking heads that makes us tolerant does it? No that makes us law abiding. The rise of ukip doesn't signify tolerance. It signifies intolerance and govt. failure.... Along with what we already knew, that there's too many morons in politics.

Personally I find the situation overwhelming, and wish that the country was in a position to cope better. Resources v population is way out out of balance. No more than that.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2015, 14:44:44 »

From the Oxford Dictionary.

Tolerate: " allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one dislikes or disagrees with) without interference. "

So the fact that we (the English) don't go round cracking heads makes us a pretty tolerant lot as said.  As for the rise of UKIP we'll see before long how much support they actually have and I think it will turn out to be much less than people think.  ::)

They won't get my vote because they do have an extreme element in their ranks, which now and again rears it's ugly head.  However, I can't see what is wrong with their plans for a managed immigration system along the lines of Australia, so we get the people we need and keep out the riff raff!  :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 April 2015, 15:45:08 »

From the Oxford Dictionary.

Tolerate: " allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one dislikes or disagrees with) without interference. "

So the fact that we (the English) don't go round cracking heads makes us a pretty tolerant lot as said.  As for the rise of UKIP we'll see before long how much support they actually have and I think it will turn out to be much less than people think.  ::)

They won't get my vote because they do have an extreme element in their ranks, which now and again rears it's ugly head.  However, I can't see what is wrong with their plans for a managed immigration system along the lines of Australia, so we get the people we need and keep out the riff raff!  :y

Riffraff? Doesn't sound very tolerant to me.

....and if you want to start quoting the Internet, over the course of 10million years, you don't have to go back too far to see race riots http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Race_riots_in_England

05omegav6

« Reply #29 on: 18 April 2015, 16:46:00 »

Ah yes, Selective Tolerance... That could work ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.