Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypothetical car finance Q...  (Read 4910 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Hypothetical car finance Q...
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2015, 19:32:27 »

£325 for plate, £150 for a canbus interface, £100 ish for a meter, £60 meter fitting/calibration, £47 for mechanical inspection, £65-90 roof sign, £10 for plate holder, £20 for a fire extinguisher and first aid kit. £600 was a bit light :-\

Ahh....I see, you moved the bits and pieces between cars £325 for a plate is shocking  :o

But I can save you £30....ask/demand a plating kit from council....mine doesn't supply them voluntarily but will produce a kit foc if you ask and suspect yours will too  ;) fire extinguisher and first aid kit.....borrow from Insignia for inspection.....when are you ever going to need a fire extinguisher and for first aid kit....unless you have first aid training you carnt use it....so just to be on the safe side on the unlikely chance a passenger cuts themselves on the plastic/seatbelt....keep a couple of plasters in the car  :y 

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2015, 19:37:32 »

£325 for plate, £150 for a canbus interface, £100 ish for a meter, £60 meter fitting/calibration, £47 for mechanical inspection, £65-90 roof sign, £10 for plate holder, £20 for a fire extinguisher and first aid kit. £600 was a bit light :-\

Ahh....I see, you moved the bits and pieces between cars £325 for a plate is shocking  :o

But I can save you £30....ask/demand a plating kit from council....mine doesn't supply them voluntarily but will produce a kit foc if you ask and suspect yours will too  ;) fire extinguisher and first aid kit.....borrow from Insignia for inspection.....when are you ever going to need a fire extinguisher and for first aid kit....unless you have first aid training you carnt use it....so just to be on the safe side on the unlikely chance a passenger cuts themselves on the plastic/seatbelt....keep a couple of plasters in the car  :y 
;D

Our Licensing organ grinder makes a note of serial numbers etc... he wised up to that ruse about six years ago ::)

The Sheriff

« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2015, 19:40:22 »

Would you really hand over the keys of your merc to someone else, to put thousands of miles on it and devalue it even further and expect them to look after it as you would?
I wouldn't.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2015, 19:48:40 »

;D

Our Licensing organ grinder makes a note of serial numbers etc... he wised up to that ruse about six years ago ::)

Shhhh then ... don't go telling my council  ::) ;D And they haven't even noticed the extinguisher that I keep shoving in the boot.....is out of date as well  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: 19 April 2015, 19:50:28 by Taxi Driver »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2015, 19:56:42 »

Would you really hand over the keys of your merc to someone else, to put thousands of miles on it and devalue it even further and expect them to look after it as you would?
I wouldn't.

Neither would I.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2015, 19:57:52 »

I wouldn't.

I did....on a c220 estate I owned.....I bought the 2.2 omega and rented the c220 out to a great payer.....every week on the dot he gave me, back then, £140 a week.....even when it was off the road for 2 months due to an accident....not his fault....so he went into a courtesy 'taxi' car....I was getting rent for a car not doing any miles and not paying for the courtesy car  :y ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2015, 20:02:48 »

I wouldn't.

Neither would I.

Its been devalued anyway.....it'll be on the V5 its been used a taxi   ;)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2015, 20:05:36 »

I like the sound of that. Lease out the lease car to pay the lease. If I understand correctly?

Is one driver more likely to pops up the interior any more than another? Well possibly not, but who cares. Priority 1. Get the damn bills payed. :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2015, 20:07:28 »

Think of it as, my cars interior v my mortgageabilty. No contest!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2015, 20:16:08 »

I would...I'd have those cars earning....tho its a bit of a hassle tbh.....but its Al's decision  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2015, 20:16:35 »

I assumed Al already had a mortgage. ??? ???

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #26 on: 19 April 2015, 20:20:34 »

Im only guessing here....but I think Al lives with his Mum.....as every post ive seen when he's been praised for work done on other peeps omegas....his mum gets a mention for great bacon sarnies.... :-\

The Sheriff

« Reply #27 on: 19 April 2015, 20:29:22 »

Im only guessing here....but I think Al lives with his Mum.....as every post ive seen when he's been praised for work done on other peeps omegas....his mum gets a mention for great bacon sarnies.... :-\
You're a nosy bastard, Dave. ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #28 on: 19 April 2015, 20:38:56 »

You're a nosy bastard, Dave. ;D

No....just observant ....I don't care who Al lives with....hows that's nosy  :-\

I may be totally wrong and he just does repairs on his mums drive.... :-\

But not nosey  :y
« Last Edit: 19 April 2015, 20:42:11 by Taxi Driver »

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 April 2015, 20:42:44 »

....sorry, I meant credit rating. :-[
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.