Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inpatient omega owner mx52bvc  (Read 1821 times)

andrew-v8

• milton keynes
    • Vectra sri Dti
    • View Profile

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Inpatient omega owner mx52bvc
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2015, 17:50:46 »

Not I.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2015, 17:53:14 »

Bus drivers lane discipline is atrocious :o

Also if the bus filming had genuinely wanted to pause to allow foreign bus to park, it would have done a much better job of lane blocking, and more importantly stopped and stayed stopped until the bus was parked.

As it was, if the nearside camera picked the car up that clearly, so would the nearside mirror. The only correct response would have been to remain stationary. Instead, the bus driver clearly and deliberately moves off to the left... Dangerous Driving all day long, and not pretty on a commercial licence.

Not saying the car driver was in anway right, but if the bus was driven like that all the way along the embankment, then most people would have soon gotten annoyed following it. And don't get me started on the choice of lane foir the right turn at the lights :-X

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2015, 19:20:03 »

Bus drivers lane discipline is atrocious :o

Also if the bus filming had genuinely wanted to pause to allow foreign bus to park, it would have done a much better job of lane blocking, and more importantly stopped and stayed stopped until the bus was parked.

As it was, if the nearside camera picked the car up that clearly, so would the nearside mirror. The only correct response would have been to remain stationary. Instead, the bus driver clearly and deliberately moves off to the left... Dangerous Driving all day long, and not pretty on a commercial licence.

Not saying the car driver was in anway right, but if the bus was driven like that all the way along the embankment, then most people would have soon gotten annoyed following it. And don't get me started on the choice of lane foir the right turn at the lights :-X

Ive looked several times at that clip....and too me that video from the camera isn't a follow on from when the bus stopped but as it was slowing down. I can understand why the bus driver went over to the right....as you can see people alighting/getting on a coach in the road, so he gave a wide berth....the Omega driver gets very close to the passengers of the coach and maybe the reason the driver or passenger hopped on the coach smartly as he saw the Omega coming......

Not sure what you mean about the lane position at the lights Al.....if its the lane choice at the very end of the clip....bus driver might need to go right after the lights...don't know, but in which case he would have been correct in his choice of lane surely.....

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2015, 20:27:32 »

Middle and right hand lanes are both right turn only. So being in a larger vehicle, left or left and right together (if a tight turn) but certainly not right lane.

The side clip is from after the bus initially hesitates as he realises the dark red bus is in reverse, the van being the common reference point. The bus then comes off the brakes and moves fractionally left as if to squeeze the car :-\

And once passed the parking coach, which hadn't cleared the left lane, the filming bus is all over the shop (ok, an exaggeration but it isn't ever one side or tother), and having finally decided on the left hand lane, the bus then moves into the right hand lane at the lights :-\

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2015, 22:07:15 »

The oof school of perfect driving.
Hoof'land storeman.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2015, 22:12:58 »

The oof school of perfect driving.

tbh none of that driving is perfect in any way :(
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2015, 10:11:08 »

The bus drivers only fault in that film is bad lane control, he travels that route daily so therefore was trying to allow the passengers from the foreign buses,room to get off safely, but what he had done was left just enough room for the car driver to squeeze up the inside, he hadn't controlled the traffic well enough, to allow passengers to disembark safely(it is in the pcv test), The car driver could have been charged with inconsiderate driving as he passed the bus, then that changed to dangerous as he mounted the central reserve(pavement).Bus drivers only fault was bad road positioning.   Me lud  :)
Hoof'land storeman.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2015, 12:09:34 »

as I said both parties are at fault...and yeah mounting a kerb...what's all that about???....in the 4.5 years I was in the LAS I never once mounted a kerb to get some where(well there was once I wasn't driving and the idiot I was with well to say he was driving was stretching it a bit :o)...mind you the car was luminous green with a blue lights....none of that driving was good.....where's nitro he was an examiner?????????
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2015, 12:28:55 »

I wonder if the owner is a member of OOF ? :o
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2015, 12:36:53 »

He'll be keeping his head down if so.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2015, 12:38:53 »

The OP is very quiet, which suggests that they were driving the bus ::)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2015, 13:26:12 »

Not so common the silver ones  ;D ;D ;D

andrew-v8

• milton keynes
    • Vectra sri Dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2015, 13:39:18 »

Nah just got this from a dash cam site  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2015, 13:44:09 »

Nah just got this from a dash cam site  :y
Fair dos :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.