Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I will try to keep it short and sweet (but try to be clear)  (Read 2924 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: I will try to keep it short and sweet (but try to be clear)
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2014, 17:36:58 »

That should sort the men from the boys :y

Indeed!........... :D

The Sheriff

« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2014, 17:38:42 »

That should sort the men from the boys :y
Yes. Love it. Keep us up to speed  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2014, 17:40:49 »

£666 for a waterpump and thermostat!!  :o :o :o

That's the work of the Devil that is!!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2014, 17:55:01 »

Latest update on this is:-

Santander Emailed form to Family member Which he filled in And Emailed them back. (wed)

Early this week The car was removed from the (jeep) main dealers by sandicliffe. With No work being carried out on the car.

I think the below email sent to sandicliffe by the main dealer may have something to do with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 21 November 2014 09:56
To: xxxxxxxxxx@sandicliffe.co.uk'
Subject: Estimate for repairs on xxxx xxxxx
Importance: High

Hi xxxxx,

We are very conscious this vehicle has been here a number of days now, we really would like it moving back to your premises whilst you await authority on the repair as we are running short of room and do not have a storage facility for vehicles, if you could let me know if this is possible as soon otherwise we may have to start charging storage from Monday 24 Nov.

The vehicle in question has at some time had a “Supersteel” leak stop added into the cooling system, which will cause a problem even with flushing the cooling system out  it will not remove the blockages in the heating system nor cooling system which are present, and other components may start to leak again.  Due to this we cannot guarantee any of our repairs on this vehicle.

The vehicle requires a new water pump, thermostat and complete flushing out of the system. The costs are described below:-

Parts £666.80

Labour £595.00

VAT = £252.36

TOTAL = £1514.16

Please could you get in touch with me today so we can resolve the storage issue on the vehicle whilst waiting for the authority.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxx

---------------------
Do you read it that main dealers are saying this is/Could be a ongoing problem for this vehicle.

And should he be chasing down the full refund route as in Taxi Als Second link page 33  :-\ :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2014, 18:07:21 »

Don't forget, the finance company are the customer, not the family member. :y

If Santander decide they want a full refund, then family member will possibly be entitled to have their payments so far returned. That said Santander might consider those payments to be a fair cost to have been paid for nearly six months use :-\

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2014, 21:00:51 »

Don't forget, the finance company are the customer, not the family member. :y

If Santander decide they want a full refund, then family member will possibly be entitled to have their payments so far returned. That said Santander might consider those payments to be a fair cost to have been paid for nearly six months use :-\
Just to add on this..Forgot to mention The customer Paid £5000 out and had the other £6000 on finance @ 0%  :-[ :-[

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2014, 21:02:46 »

In this case, the finance company is the customer as they essentially bought the car from the dealer to sell to you and yours, the deposit is paid directly to the dealer out of simplicity :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2014, 21:19:20 »

It's a minefield, of course. There are pages and pages of small print with the t&c's. I used santander for a car purchase a while back and, when I rang them, they were perfectly reasonable. Give them a call.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2014, 21:25:26 »

It's a minefield, of course. There are pages and pages of small print with the t&c's. I used santander for a car purchase a while back and, when I rang them, they were perfectly reasonable. Give them a call.
Look up

And am i correct in saying that the finance company ideally want the car back with the customer asap owing to there interest in the deal being the monthly payments..Regardless of the fact that the main dealers says the car has had a substance added to the cooling system which may cause further problems at a future date

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 December 2014, 22:25:59 »

The Final Chapter

well santander got involved like they said they would, they spoke to sandicliffe who assured them that everything is in hand and have no idea why the customer is moaning..

santander then got back to family member saying sandicliffe are sorting it and in not so many words. The case is closed.

Approx ten days ago family member spoke with sandicliffe, with them pointing out that they are kind of repairing this car at there expense owing to the warranty being ran out.

Family member told them i dont care what you do with the car and that i want my money back.

Sorry sir but there is no way that is going to happen.

Ok I am now going to seek legal advice because the car is not fit for purpose and owing to the stuff you have put in the header tank,The main dealer wont guarantee any work/parts they fit on the vehicle.   Goodbye.

Next day he rang and spoke to a solicitor,Who kindly said you get 15mins of my time for free..
He told solicitor all that had gone on over the past 6 months and where things stand now and that he wants a refund.

solicitors advice was to send a email to the man at the top telling him all this and put that you require a response by a certain date,
And thats what he did .

Sat and waited 2 days then gave this so called man at the top a ring to make sure email was received,secretary said she had it and would get the boss man to read it.

On thursday just gone, The bloke from sandicliffe rang to say that this saga had been going on too long and if you come down you can pick another vehicle in exchange or you can have a full refund.

I will take the refund he said.

On friday Sandicliffe put the £5000 Deposit he paid back through his card along with all the payments he had paid over 6 months to santander,And paid off the rest the finance to santander.

He has had every single penny back, And today took the courtesy car back and to get his belongings out of the jeep..

THE END     ;D ;D ;D

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 December 2014, 22:46:11 »

brilliant story...i had similar with britannia motors in cleckheaton...with a kia sportage i bought yrs ago....they gave up when i threatened to drive the thing thru the showroom windows lol.....didnt get a refund but they repaired the problems i had

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 14 December 2014, 06:24:51 »

Glad it's all been sorted :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #27 on: 14 December 2014, 08:27:25 »

That has cheered me up no end. Great result. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 December 2014, 08:37:04 »

A happy ending, great news BIGtime :y
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 December 2014, 08:37:39 »

Nice result, good work to those involved  :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.