Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One for Jason  (Read 1713 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
One for Jason
« on: 25 November 2014, 19:40:56 »

If police attended a traffic accident, took statements etc and intended to prosecute one of the drivers would there be a time limit in which they needed to give notice of intended prosecution - i.e. how many days after the incident?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

05omegav6

Re: One for Jason
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2014, 19:43:31 »

It took nearly four months between a prang and being summonsed...

Is this regarding your wifes' bump a while back?

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2014, 19:53:17 »

Could be - the other party's insurers told us the day after accident that they admitted responsibility and would pay all costs. This was noted by our insurers at the time.  3 weeks on the other party's insurers say they now seek to go back on that -  as  other party now wants to claim against my wife. Nothing has been heard from police so far. As said before she was hit fair and square in rear when she stopped at red light. Damage to other car suggest driver was banking on my wife going through lights.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2014, 19:58:05 »

A call to the non emergency number with the incident reference should get you some sort of progress report :-\

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2014, 21:44:23 »

Summons has to be issued within 6 months.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2014, 01:08:14 »

If the officer attended and took a 1st account from ya misses & any independent witnesses, then spoke to the offending driver armed with 'some' evidence he can do one of three things - 1 NFA. 2 Require the offending driver to attend a driver improvement course (depending upon the seriousness & injuries received & the offending drivers driving history). 3 Report the offending driver for summons for 'Driving without due care & attention' If the PC goes for option 3 he would verbally give the offender a NIP at the scene & record this in his PNB. The PC then has 6 month to submit the file to court.  :)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2014, 17:02:00 »

Thanks Jason - no verbal nip given at least not to my wife

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2014, 22:45:37 »

I thought there was NO Excuse for running into the back of a car, always the drivers fault, not the car in front..... :-\ :-\ :-\

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 28 November 2014, 16:39:44 »

I thought there was NO Excuse for running into the back of a car, always the drivers fault, not the car in front..... :-\ :-\ :-\

Not if it is a crash for cash shunt which is a real problem now. ;)

However, if you drive in accordance with recommended distance between you and the vehicle in front, and fall back the instant another vehicle cuts in, then these collisions could be avoided. ;)
« Last Edit: 28 November 2014, 16:48:03 by Lizzie Zoom »

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2014, 17:16:54 »

A friend of mine had exactly the same thing happen to her.......the other insurers said yep ok,,,then the other driver objected so the insurer asked my friend for a detailed map of the accident....pathways..road markings..traffic lights...fences..railings..you name it and they asked for it,,,,,the other driver ran into the back of my friends car as she stopped at a zebra crossing...she did everything they asked and two months later the paid up  :y

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2014, 22:46:21 »

There is an "independent" witness who is supporting the driver who ran into the back of our car. As long as she sticks by her  verbal statement that both she and the other party thought my wife was going to go through the lights but stopped then we should be ok. I think she misunderstands the situation and seems to blame my wife for not running a red light!!!

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 December 2014, 22:32:33 »

This has to end in your favour, he hit you from the rear.
When approaching a green light any driver slows down anyway don`t  they ??? I do.
your missus must have dropped her speed & when the light changed to red she stopped.  Sadly the following car wasn`t anticipating the car in front might slow & stop. He read the situation incorrectly & is now trying to wriggle out of it.

my rear facing  camera caught video of a VW truck doing almost the same trick to me, you hear his tyres squeal as he very nearly rear-ends me & he starts waving his arms around in a rage cos I didn`t rush thru an amber light, that quickly changed to red.  After he barges past me in the  wrong lane  I get a hard brake test from him in retribution. 
Why  ??? so he can get up the road 4 mins quicker & start tailgating another victim.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2014, 22:34:31 by 78bex »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.