Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It is one of them mornings, then...  (Read 1034 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
It is one of them mornings, then...
« on: 27 November 2014, 09:19:25 »

yep.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

chrisgixer

Re: It is one of them mornings, then...
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2014, 10:38:05 »

Awww bastid! Rear wing as well, by the looks? :(

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2014, 10:46:33 »

Very much so.

I don't keep / want to keep it mint, or anything. This is a car that I don't need to clean, but keep mechanically sound/very good. Nevertheless, I don't like having to spend a large proportion of the (o)meagre 6 hours I get a week working on cars hunting out a new door mirror and hoping I can get a rubber mallet inside the spare wheel well to beat that out a bit. Suspect it's in an area I can't get to it from behind, though.  :(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2014, 10:49:53 »

A decent suction cup should pull the worst of it out :-\ definitely one of those weeks though...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2014, 11:04:04 »

Bummer.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2014, 11:09:15 »

A decent suction cup should pull the worst of it out :-\ definitely one of those weeks though...

And there was me looking forward to sitting in the boot and kicking the sh!t out of it  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2014, 17:40:36 »

And there was me looking forward to sitting in the boot and kicking the sh!t out of it  :y
I appreciate the sentiment, but you will kick yourself when it needs a new wing because you've stretched it in a moment of violence :-\

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2014, 19:23:10 »

Or if you cant , drill a hole put a screw in it and pull  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2014, 21:12:54 »

Thanks boys... Had a job interview this afternoon, so was trying to get a good nights sleep, and a clear head for today.. to wake up to that, stress from the recent death of a family member (anyone that's been there knows the forms, clearing of rented accomodation, rules, hoops you have to jump through, more forms, and probabte etc is.... not so much fun) and I wake up to that.

Found a suction thing in the garage, might do that this weekend, if I get chance.

To be honest, very soon I'm hoping it's be up on OOF for sale, as basically a good engine, on a rolling, MoTd shell. Someone will relish the chance to stick that lump in an Elite, chip it, and run for probably another 140k miles. The shells ok, but theres a few patches of rust etc... I'm pouring all my sentimentality into the old V6 up the drive, that's nearing completion (well, nearing getting an MoT, anyway  ;))

Ho hum... :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2014, 21:20:32 »

If the paint isn't broken I'd be tempted to either wait until next summer or warm the panel up before you try and get that dent out because the heat will stop the paint cracking when you manipulate the panel.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2014, 21:27:00 »

very good point... and I'm not crying into my beer every morning over it - I'm actually more worried/annoyed about the mirror - as it's something functional, you know? The wing issue is basically aesthetic. The mirror, though taped on at present, I want sorting.

Thanks for the tip, though. Will wait until one of the three warm days we have up North per year :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.