Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New iJag  (Read 2852 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: New iJag
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2018, 10:32:01 »

Tesla has the build quality of a KFC bargain bucket.

The P100D is nippy in a straight line but it seems to be a one trick pony.

I'll spend my 'make believe' £130,000 elsewhere. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2018, 11:05:36 »

Given JLR’s legendary reliability, plus technology that’s new to them, I think I’ll pass.
Since being deshackled from BL, BMW and then PAG (Ford), the reliability is pretty good.  But a poor reputation is hard to shake - ask Skoda or even owners of our beloved Omegas ;).  Ironic that the Indians have managed to get it on track ;D

But, given people of the UK have a massive hard on for all things JLR, I’m sure they won’t be able to build them fast enough.  ::)
I don't think the UK is the biggest market, or the most profitable...   ...but what you are saying is you don't want to see a Jaaaagggg section here on OOF?

True, it’s probably no worse than any other, my view is probably a bit skewed as a guy I qualified with works (or did up until October last yr) in their “operations audit” function so I get all the horror stories, including, but not limited to:
- cars being shipped to dealers with mismatched interiors
- cars being delivered to customers (and subsequently being driven) with no oil in the diff
- cars being delivered with functions not working (heated seats are common)
- cars being delivered not to spec

As said, probably no worse than other manufacturers but not good enough given their cost IMO.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2018, 18:25:25 »

Given JLR’s legendary reliability, plus technology that’s new to them, I think I’ll pass.
Since being deshackled from BL, BMW and then PAG (Ford), the reliability is pretty good.  But a poor reputation is hard to shake - ask Skoda or even owners of our beloved Omegas ;).  Ironic that the Indians have managed to get it on track ;D

But, given people of the UK have a massive hard on for all things JLR, I’m sure they won’t be able to build them fast enough.  ::)
I don't think the UK is the biggest market, or the most profitable...   ...but what you are saying is you don't want to see a Jaaaagggg section here on OOF?

True, it’s probably no worse than any other, my view is probably a bit skewed as a guy I qualified with works (or did up until October last yr) in their “operations audit” function so I get all the horror stories, including, but not limited to:
- cars being shipped to dealers with mismatched interiors
- cars being delivered to customers (and subsequently being driven) with no oil in the diff
- cars being delivered with functions not working (heated seats are common)
- cars being delivered not to spec

As said, probably no worse than other manufacturers but not good enough given their cost IMO.
That, sadly, is the old BL and PAG mentality of (nearly) good enough will do :'(.  From what I've heard, they have managed to instill some pride in the factories...  ...that said, BAE just about managed that in the Rover days of the BL era, but that all went back to pot when BMW took over, so it can be short lived  :'(
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2018, 19:45:37 »

Tesla has the build quality of a KFC bargain bucket.

The P100D is nippy in a straight line but it seems to be a one trick pony.

I'll spend my 'make believe' £130,000 elsewhere. :)

Saw a Tesla close up in London last year & got to agree it looked cheap & nasty especially the front grille .

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 March 2018, 08:05:09 »

The Tesla build quality and reliability is very poor, the fact that a British designed car can go toe to toe with it, has a far more useable chassis and isn't that far off on price, is pretty commendable (as no other mainstream manufacturer has got close).

The Jag will be far better built.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.