Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes it pays to Please read the manual  (Read 2174 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Sometimes it pays to Please read the manual
« on: 29 February 2012, 14:03:42 »

I know it's hard to even open a packet of peanuts without getting deluged in warnings these days, but, for some substances, it does pay to read them. :o

http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
Re: Sometimes it pays to Please read the manual
« Reply #1 on: 29 February 2012, 14:12:24 »

My god have learnt a lesson there  :o - good find  :y

Wish the ex was a mig welder  ;) ;D ;D ;D
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2012, 14:22:15 »

I know it's hard to even open a packet of peanuts without getting deluged in warnings these days, but, for some substances, it does pay to read them. :o

Crikey!

Martian

« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2012, 14:45:26 »

:o :o

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2012, 14:48:12 »

Makes you think that  :o :o

I remember a few years back, a bloke was cleaning some car parts in his kitchen.
To de greese them, he mixed the contents of a bottle of cilit bang with a little petrol.

The fumes found there way into his boiler and it went "bang" takeing out most of his house with it  ;)

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2012, 15:22:11 »

Had a slightly similar event here last Saturday.Mrs Albs was putting her contact lenses in when she dropped one on the tiled surface in the bathroom. She dipped it in the lense cleaning solution (a new bottle and not the normal brand)to clean it and then popped it in here eye.She immediately started screaming in agony - I got het to rinse it with water repeatedly until it was bearable, but it was still very red,swollen and painful.She was adamant that it was caused by the lense cleaner,so to prove her wrong I tipped it in my left eye. ::)...........I immediately felt burning ,stinging etc.and ran upstairs to wash it out.
THEN - we decided to read the instruction.On the back of the bottle in red (but very small print) it said "contains hydrogen peroxide,do not allow to come into contact with eyes". :o :o
It comes with a special container provided which has a widget type thing inside,which after 6 hours of lenses being in there for a soak,neutralises the solution.Its then safe to put the lenses in the eyes. ::)
Her eye wasnt back to normal until yesterday morning.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2012, 15:23:41 »

???

good one :y

reminded me the experiment I did in home when I was a boy..

dropped cold water on wax and paraffin mixture boiling on fire to cool it quickly..

result: please dont try to verify.. flames and fire as high as ceiling and result, some hair , eye brows and skin burned ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 29 February 2012, 15:26:06 »

Had a slightly similar event here last Saturday.Mrs Albs was putting her contact lenses in when she dropped one on the tiled surface in the bathroom. She dipped it in the lense cleaning solution (a new bottle and not the normal brand)to clean it and then popped it in here eye.She immediately started screaming in agony - I got het to rinse it with water repeatedly until it was bearable, but it was still very red,swollen and painful.She was adamant that it was caused by the lense cleaner,so to prove her wrong I tipped it in my left eye. ::) ...........I immediately felt burning ,stinging etc.and ran upstairs to wash it out.
THEN - we decided to read the instruction.On the back of the bottle in red (but very small print) it said "contains hydrogen peroxide,do not allow to come into contact with eyes". :o :o
It comes with a special container provided which has a widget type thing inside,which after 6 hours of lenses being in there for a soak,neutralises the solution.Its then safe to put the lenses in the eyes. ::)

next time believe your wife ;D    good news nothing serious happen :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 February 2012, 15:28:08 »

???

good one :y

reminded me the experiment I did in home when I was a boy..

dropped cold water on wax and paraffin mixture boiling on fire to cool it quickly..

result: please dont try to verify.. flames and fire as high as ceiling and result, some hair , eye brows and skin burned ;D

Funnily enough that's just the kind of thing I spent my time doing when I was a boy. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 February 2012, 15:34:38 »

could have done with that an hour ago...

Just been tackling a tree stump

jimbob + petrol + match 1......treestump 0

;D ;D ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 February 2012, 19:14:22 »

Had a slightly similar event here last Saturday.Mrs Albs was putting her contact lenses in when she dropped one on the tiled surface in the bathroom. She dipped it in the lense cleaning solution (a new bottle and not the normal brand)to clean it and then popped it in here eye.She immediately started screaming in agony - I got het to rinse it with water repeatedly until it was bearable, but it was still very red,swollen and painful.She was adamant that it was caused by the lense cleaner,so to prove her wrong I tipped it in my left eye. ::)...........I immediately felt burning ,stinging etc.and ran upstairs to wash it out.
;D cabbage

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 February 2012, 19:21:25 »

I put Rose smelling Imacc all around my Crown Jewels, then had a shave, brushed my teeth then I started to burn down there... I could not get in the shower quick enough to easy it off with cold water.... Wish I had red the instructions as half an hour was to long to leave it on. >:( ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 February 2012, 19:36:44 »

I put Rose smelling Imacc all around my Crown Jewels, then had a shave, brushed my teeth then I started to burn down there... I could not get in the shower quick enough to easy it off with cold water.... Wish I had red the instructions as half an hour was to long to leave it on. >:( ;D

Now where did I put that vomiting smiley?  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 February 2012, 19:39:10 »

I once emptied half a can of ralgex into the crutch of a mates boxer shorts that he had left in the drying room for a windup  ;D ;D

After 3 hours strutting his stuff on the dancefloor, he was not impressed  :D :D :D
Medical centre for him the next day  ;D ;D ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 February 2012, 20:04:47 »

That reminds me of a story with a friend's rugby team where one of the players was a right penis and noone on the team particularly liked this guy.  They decided one night after a match where he was pretty obnoxious to play a prank on him.  They plied him with lots and lots of booze to the point where he passed out and they took him upstairs to a room where another bloke in the team was sleeping, this guy was comfortable and in on the joke.  They stripped him naked and put him in bed with this other guy and with a latex glove on (so I am told) they applied a little deep heat to his ring.

When morning came he had gone and was never turned up for training ever again  ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.