Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3022227 times)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16770 on: 28 July 2018, 14:24:44 »

Started stripping the 3.2 estate need to get everything off and then put the bits up for sale :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: 31 July 2018, 18:00:45 »

Changed the Pussy's bonnet strut, and its locking wheel nuts (some mong had their windy gun set to 10,000Nm, and it wrecked them...  ...luckily my breaker bar survived with minimal damage).

On Sunday, I saw that rarest of rare creatures...  ...a tunnie.

Not seen Terbs around these parts yet, has he moved here? Haven't noticed a drop in house prices, so I assume not yet...
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16772 on: 31 July 2018, 20:13:54 »

Changed the Pussy's bonnet strut, and its locking wheel nuts (some mong had their windy gun set to 10,000Nm, and it wrecked them...  ...luckily my breaker bar survived with minimal damage).

Today I snapped a Vauxhall 17mm wheel brace, followed by shearing the square off my extendable wheel brace
removing the front wheel of the Zafira dirty diesel to do the brake pads / discs
must have been the same kwick sh*t fitter who tightened those  :P
had to use the omega brace for the last bolt,  extended with what was left of the extendable brace
and yes , i did take up most of the weight of the car with a jack

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16773 on: 31 July 2018, 21:05:58 »

Today I snapped a Vauxhall 17mm wheel brace, followed by shearing the square off my extendable wheel brace
removing the front wheel of the Zafira dirty diesel to do the brake pads / discs
must have been the same kwick sh*t fitter who tightened those  :P
had to use the omega brace for the last bolt,  extended with what was left of the extendable brace
and yes , i did take up most of the weight of the car with a jack

It does make you wonder who they employ. Dtr had my old BX, and the next time I tried to take a wheel off I had to use ultimate force, a 6' long breaker bar. I kicked up such a stink with the 'garage' that did the damage, and had clearly exceeded the elastic limit of the bolts, that I had the cost of the new bolts refunded, £40 odd if memory serves. >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: 02 August 2018, 11:12:31 »

Drove it onto the transporter... :'(

On the plus side, the Transhit didn't snap in half ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16775 on: 02 August 2018, 13:07:58 »

Booked the trolley in for a pre MoT check. The idea being that if it is currently in order, it can then be immediately retested and gain a years ticket, but if anything crops up then I have until November to either fix it or save up for its replacement.

STEMO

« Reply #16776 on: 02 August 2018, 14:47:21 »

Booked the trolley in for a pre MoT check. The idea being that if it is currently in order, it can then be immediately retested and gain a years ticket, but if anything crops up then I have until November to either fix it or save up for its replacement.
Unless any dangerous faults are found, then you'll be leaving it at the testing station.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: 02 August 2018, 14:59:57 »

Unless any dangerous faults are found, then you'll be leaving it at the testing station.
Not if it isn't actually an MOT test ;)

STEMO

« Reply #16778 on: 02 August 2018, 15:51:14 »

Not if it isn't actually an MOT test ;)
Sorry, yes, I missed 'pre' bit.  :-[

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: 02 August 2018, 20:38:42 »

Yesterday I put my MV6 on a 2 poster lift and EVENTUALLY replaced both drop links.  The Wishbones look okay, but there's a little play in one steering joint, so that's next weeks jobby. Didn't have the right tool, the lift being some 100 miles from home, and my ball joint splitter being somewhere at the back of my garage, last used on a Mini 998 Mayfair in about 2010.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: 03 August 2018, 00:13:55 »

Yesterday I put my MV6 on a 2 poster lift and EVENTUALLY replaced both drop links.  The Wishbones look okay, but there's a little play in one steering joint, so that's next weeks jobby. Didn't have the right tool, the lift being some 100 miles from home, and my ball joint splitter being somewhere at the back of my garage, last used on a Mini 998 Mayfair in about 2010.

leave the ball joint splitter at home, and pop the joints apart with two hammers. With some practice, you probably only need one hammer. This works on 40 year old balljoints that have never been apart, like on my Avenger, or my sister's 1300

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: 03 August 2018, 11:37:53 »

As above.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: 03 August 2018, 14:17:32 »

It’s a knack I use on steering idlers, but not mastered sufficiently to be quicker than digging out the tool :(
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16783 on: 04 August 2018, 17:53:35 »

Replaced the pollen filter in the Subaru easy job 7 screws out to remove the glovebox, slide plastic lid over remove & replace filter all done in 20 minutes.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: 05 August 2018, 07:02:17 »

leave the ball joint splitter at home, and pop the joints apart with two hammers. With some practice, you probably only need one hammer. This works on 40 year old balljoints that have never been apart, like on my Avenger, or my sister's 1300

Have you got a video of that ? I have no idea how I'm going to be using 2 hammers at once.  :-[

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.