Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Mobile Mechanics Service  (Read 985 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
No More Mobile Mechanics Service
« on: 23 September 2007, 20:01:06 »

Hi Guys,

As many of you are aware, I have occasionally offered a "mobile mechanics" service to members of the forum. Mostly focusing on cambelt kit changes, camcover gaskets, oil coolers and general servicing.

Not that I am a true mobile mechanic, just handy with Omega engines, so I've helped various people in exchange for some beer tokens.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, I have decided upon consideration that I'm not going to be providing this service, at least for the forseeable future. I've always had good reports from anyone I've done anything for, so please don't think that's the issue. I have just been finding the demand and the travelling too much with my shift work.

If I've already made a commitment to help you, then this doesn't apply, I'll honour it. I'm naturally still very interested in and entuisiastic about the Omega , and I will obviously also be as willing as ever to help out my usual good friends on here for no cost.

But no more mobile mechanics service I'm afraid  :'(

Taxi_Driver

Re: No More Mobile Mechanics Service
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2007, 20:08:47 »

Im suprised SWMBO.....let you get away with it for so long  ;)

How are you at rat catching?  ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2007, 20:12:27 »

She's still totally happy for me to help anyone out... but when I'm only getting 1 day off in 9, it's a real killer driving all around the UK.

I'm not good at rat catching, but BTW, your head gasket change on the 2.2 is still a goer :)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2007, 20:50:23 »

She's still totally happy for me to help anyone out... but when I'm only getting 1 day off in 9, it's a real killer driving all around the UK.

I'm not good at rat catching, but BTW, your head gasket change on the 2.2 is still a goer :)

Cheers James  :y.....its becoming a bit more urgent now...getting bloody noisey....

Have you been following this thread??

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1190396109

Note the posts at the end.....seems doable without removing the head  :-/

What you reckon???  :-/

Hollys no good at catching mice either.....

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2007, 20:57:29 »

I recon that it will be ten times easier to pop the head off and have a machine shop make a proper job of the threading, and then refit to specified torque with new studs and nuts. That way it's a permanent fix.

Don't forget Tunnie's Dad's 2.2 HG failed around the same mileage as yours too, you would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

Put it this way... I'm much more confident to take the head off - than I am to try and use drills etc in situ. There just isn't the room (for me) to be precise enough to make a proper job.

I also don't have lots of experience with re-threading, although I did my own, I'm not "pro" enough to do this on someone elses 03 plate Omega!

The only way I can really help, is to remove the head for you, and have a machine shop sort out the studs.

If you can find someone that's able to do it in a more efficient way in-situ though, it's fine with me :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2007, 23:04:13 »

How are you at rat catching?

If you want some of my underpants to use as bait just say the word.  :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2007, 00:57:49 »

Kevin

There was I, thinking "oh, Kev's replied to that thread, must be something interesting" ;D ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2007, 06:31:54 »

I recon that it will be ten times easier to pop the head off and have a machine shop make a proper job of the threading, and then refit to specified torque with new studs and nuts. That way it's a permanent fix.

Don't forget Tunnie's Dad's 2.2 HG failed around the same mileage as yours too, you would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

Put it this way... I'm much more confident to take the head off - than I am to try and use drills etc in situ. There just isn't the room (for me) to be precise enough to make a proper job.

I also don't have lots of experience with re-threading, although I did my own, I'm not "pro" enough to do this on someone elses 03 plate Omega!

The only way I can really help, is to remove the head for you, and have a machine shop sort out the studs.

If you can find someone that's able to do it in a more efficient way in-situ though, it's fine with me :y

No....its ok we'll do it your way  :y :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2007, 16:40:58 »

Kevin

There was I, thinking "oh, Kev's replied to that thread, must be something interesting" ;D ;D

:y

Just trying to help. They're proven to be irresistible to mice albeit probably repulsive to every other living thing.

Just got to figure out how to connect this coil pack, complete with warning sticker reminding me not to put them on and we'll get the little sod...  ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.