Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Electric Windows... ummm yeah... no go  (Read 1042 times)

PaulW

• Omega Knight
  • Somewhere near Manchester
  • Come on you fiend!
    • Some crappy Insignia
    • View Profile
Rear Electric Windows... ummm yeah... no go
« on: 04 September 2006, 19:32:19 »

Just a quick question, also about something else I found...

Decided today to go at it and rip the centre console thingy out of the car, to replace the front switches with the ones I got from RMCB to do rear electrics also...  BUT as far as I was aware, from reading here and over there, the wiring should be in place, its just a case of fiting the switches and botching the rear doors for the electrics...

This doesnt seem the case in mine :(

Counting the wires, the drivers side has 6 in the car, but has 9 or something on the new switch, drivers side is also double (3 in car loom, 6 on switch).  They all light up, but I know for a fact thats all they will do, so I just refitted the originals unless there is something else I can do (part-replace the incar loom??) probably not worth it given how much of a git it will be to do...

But, Question 2 (the fun one)

I found up under the console below ashtray, 2 un-connected terminal blocks, 1 yellow, 1 gray, I have no idea what these are for, and I forgot to count the wires... either 3 or 4, I cant remember... any clues as to what it is??

Question 1 I'm not so fussed with for now, unless it is possible to still retro-fit these electrics to the rear so I can then have a total-closure system wired into a future alarm purchase, but the 2 front un-connected items are a bit of a puzzle to me...

Cheers

Paul
Humbugs...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.