Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sunroof leaking.  (Read 1255 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
sunroof leaking.
« on: 06 October 2019, 09:42:12 »

The wifes omega has started to leak on the drivers side, near the corner of the sunroof. I was looking for the how2, that I am sure was on the old site, or have seen it somewhere. It explains where the drain holes come out on a Omega. Hers is a 1995 estate model. I seem to remember something about a rubber piece on the end of the pipe. Where do they exit under the car?

I must be getting old, as I am sure there are some how2's missing on this new site ;D

Thanks
Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: sunroof leaking.
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2019, 10:40:20 »

Pretty sure[but willing to be corrected]that the drain tubes empty into the wheelarches behind the arch liners.You could try making sure they're clear by poking some plastic coated curtain wire-the stuff used for hanging net curtains-down them.The leak could be caused by the seal around the sunroof drying out,use something along the lines of silicone grease on the seal.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2019, 10:58:28 »

The drains at the front of a sunroof drain down the A pillars & into the sills (someone must've thought it was a good idea  ???)
I know where a saloons rear sunroof drains drain too ..... but would guess that an estate's are similar & drain down the rear most pillars at the back of the car  :-\

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2019, 15:38:20 »

Park the car with the front upwards and carefully pour some water in the sunroof gutter each side and check if water comes out behind each rear wheel, then turn car around so the rear is highest and repeat procedure at the front and see if water comes out by each front wheel.
Also next time it leaks check if the entire sunroof glass is wet. If there is a rust hole in the floor and the carpets and insulation is wet the moisture will condensate on the sunroof and drip from there even though the sunroof itself is perfectly fine.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2019, 18:15:15 »

When I had problems with water coming in on the drivers side all I did was to squirt some WD40 down both drain tubes and that seemed to cure it which probably means it wasn't that badly blocked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.