Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X20XEV to V6 swap..  (Read 3049 times)

Martin_1962

Re: X20XEV to V6 swap..
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2007, 10:34:29 »

Official figures for 2.2 manual from Parkers.co.uk & same on What Car:

2.2 (manual) - 0-60 9.5 seconds
3.0 MV6 (auto) 0-60 8.7 seconds

Both 'official figures'

Recent testing by some members had 8.2 for the 3.0 MV6... and it was leaking cam cover gaskets, and going around a round-about and up hill!!! So even with all that its still faster than official figures.

With 9.5 quoted as for 2.2... i would be able to get 8.7/8.8....

erm 7.8 for a 2.6 auto :y

Quoted figure for 3.0 MV6 manual is 7.7 secs, I've managed it in 7.1 on the stopwatch but even then I'm sceptical of both mine and everyone else's timings. I do believe it's possible to beat the book figure by a small margin if you're prepared to give it some mild abuse (and I'm confident of getting below 7 secs on the stopwatch with some real abuse), but the method we're using is far from accurate due to both speedo and button pressing inaccuracy. So when it's down to 10ths of a second we're discussing, the only worthwhile way is to do it with some kind of automated measuring system, such as a good gps system.

Yes the factory figures are pessimistic and don't involve a 4,000 RPM launch and super-fast (read synchro-eating) shifts, but I think some of our results are a little optimistic in terms of just how much we're beating the book figures.

I think the book figures are definately suspect. They are easy to beat - I think they are low to cover their bums if someone tries to sue because they can't beat them.

-MAV-

• Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2007, 16:27:52 »

Engine swap is easy bit!!! its the little thoings that you have to do that make the conversion that much harder to complete,
for instance, engine mounting are in a different place,
yes, but its stock! :) easy to get.
there wont be the extra set of exhaust hangers for the twin system on the smaller one,clutch on the big engine is hydraulic small one cable, so the pedal box has to be done
i have hydraulic clutch on X20XEV... it shares fluid with brakes,  maybe SOHC engine has cable?!! ,
the brakes wil need swapping for the big ones ,
nope! late 2.0 have same brakes with 3.0 cars, 296 mm, i dont know how much   it mean in inches, but these are the biggest stock rotors for omega available..  plus after stock discs worn, i changed them for cross-drilled Zimmermans :) Never tested the difference, but it makes me happier :)

the axle in the smaller car has the small flange on the drive shafts, so you will have to swap the rear axle for one with the big driveshafts, and to get the correct gearing for the big engine, the dashpanel will have to be changed , along with teh ecu, which means the key etc etc etc  I could go on and on(whatever gives you the idea Ive been there before) :o
yes its possible to do but its a lot of work and whatever time frame you set yourself add at least 6 weeks to it!
Omegatoy

Yep... i totally agree with the rest... The easiest way is to get a donor car with all necessary parts fitted, it can be bought for relatively cheap - about 3-4 KUSD... Maybe it can even be a Vauxhall :) i've seen a lot of them breaking in poland :)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6393/tricyclesmalltg6.jpg[/img] FWD Sucks!

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2007, 23:15:08 »

You can have mine for 3-4k USD  8-)

-MAV-

• Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 March 2007, 08:41:31 »

Used V6 engine costs here about 2 KUSD :(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6393/tricyclesmalltg6.jpg[/img] FWD Sucks!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.