Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Big vote tomorrow.  (Read 22169 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Big vote tomorrow.
« on: 14 January 2019, 17:00:48 »

I have a sneaking suspicion Theresa will get this 'watery Brino' through parliament.

I'm wondering if some MP's are starting to lose their nerve with all this talk of 'No Deal being the end of the world'.

Should be interesting. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
Re: Big vote tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2019, 17:01:12 »

I have a sneaking suspicion Theresa will get this 'watery Brino' through parliament.

I'm wondering if some MP's are starting to lose their nerve with all this talk of 'No Deal being the end of the world'.

Whaddya think?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2019, 17:16:53 »

No deal has apparently been the Apocalypse and Armageddon all rolled into one since before Brexit became a thing ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2019, 17:20:15 »

Like most, I could no longer give a shit.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2019, 17:25:43 »

Indeed.

I see TM has said that in the event of "No Deal" we will instead stay in the EU.

So I think we all know what's going to happen.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2019, 17:25:57 »

Perhaps Shami could console you if the worst comes to the worst. :)

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2019, 17:26:52 »

She certainly has more of a chance this time, Opti. If I thought the end game was a no deal, I would hope to see her deal voted down. But, if there's a chance of a further referendum or a Corbyn government, I would prefer it to pass.
It's such a watered down version of brexit, that we might even be better just cancelling Art 50 and staying as we were. Better that than a half arsed brexit where we are 'out' but subservient.

Things really shouldn't be 'up in the air' at this stage of the game, but the Tories have been taking chunks out of each other for decades over Europe, so it was never going to be simple.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2019, 17:48:00 »

She certainly has more of a chance this time, Opti. If I thought the end game was a no deal, I would hope to see her deal voted down. But, if there's a chance of a further referendum or a Corbyn government, I would prefer it to pass.
It's such a watered down version of brexit, that we might even be better just cancelling Art 50 and staying as we were. Better that than a half arsed brexit where we are 'out' but subservient.

Things really shouldn't be 'up in the air' at this stage of the game, but the Tories have been taking chunks out of each other for decades over Europe, so it was never going to be simple.

If she does pull a rabbit from the hat no doubt she be seen on every TV news channel saying 'brexit means brexit' and she has delivered the Brexit that the British people voted for.........which of course is boll**ocks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2019, 18:01:08 »

If she does pull a rabbit from the hat no doubt she be seen on every TV news channel saying 'brexit means brexit' and she has delivered the Brexit that the British people voted for.........which of course is boll**ocks.
A fair percentage of the people that she cannot satisfy wanted all the foreign Johnnies to be rounded up onto the Herald of Free Enterprise Pride of Folkestone, then taken out into the Channel and sunk ::)

Compromise is all about being disappointed ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2019, 18:06:42 »

TV is very last century m'lud. I'm given to understand that the modern method of communicating a steaming pile of total cr@p to the general populous involves a 3" brush, some paint and the side of a clapham omnibus...  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2019, 18:14:47 »

I would indeed get some consolation with putting something in her...

...a bullet.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2019, 18:15:23 »

There'll be a lot of hot air expended tomorrow and, no doubt, we will hear everything from 'things will turn out fine' to 'a plague of boils and locusts'.
At least we will be past the vote, whichever way it goes.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2019, 18:17:29 »

There'll be a lot of hot air expended tomorrow and, no doubt, we will hear everything from 'things will turn out fine' to 'a plague of boils and locusts'.
At least we will be past the vote, whichever way it goes.

Agreed. I think most of the PM's 'plan' hinged on people getting so bored with brexit they'd agree to anything just to make it stop.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2019, 18:19:10 »

...a bullet.
Now look here, Jaime. A shag is a shag, and that's the end of the matter. You are allowed to use stuff to make things easier (bag over the head, ten pints of wifebeater, etc), but you are never allowed to shirk in these matters.
Wham, bam and no need for a thank you mam.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2019, 18:25:41 »

...a bullet.
Now look here, Jaime. A shag is a shag, and that's the end of the matter. You are allowed to use stuff to make things easier (bag over the head, ten pints of wifebeater, etc), but you are never allowed to shirk in these matters.
Wham, bam and no need for a thank you mam.  ;D
Now, normally I'd agree.  But it looks like a bloke, and never stops whining.  I think I'd rather suffer erectile dysfunction.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2019, 18:27:14 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.