Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega **Iam Depressed Car Acceleration Problem**  (Read 5337 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: Omega **Iam Depressed Car Acceleration Problem
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2006, 14:23:43 »

Could it be as simple as a new fuel filter?
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 September 2006, 15:32:08 »

No it couldn't, because if you are right then we will all look very silly for not thinking about it in the first place and we can't have that!  ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2006, 15:35:48 »

No it couldn't, because if you are right then we will all look very silly for not thinking about it in the first place and we can't have that!  ;D

So it might be the fuel filter then...... ;)
I like red cars

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2006, 16:09:47 »

Could be  :)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2006, 16:12:26 »

[size=8]Yes[/size]  >:(
« Last Edit: 06 September 2006, 16:12:49 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Omega-MV6

• Calne, Wiltshire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 September 2006, 17:15:31 »

[size=8]Yes[/size]  >:(

No, I think he said he already tried the new Fuel Filter.

My 2 pence worth if I may:

On my old V8, there was a Amp/Booster unit attached to the middle of the Dis unit. This boosted the current from the Coil to the Spark Plugs.
When this died, like it dide as I was driving through a 4ft deep lake, the engine did what you describe.
The only way I could move the car was to floor the pedal, even then I could walk faster, and to stop it dying on me, I had to keep my foot flat to the floor.

Thats LR for you though... I don't know if there is a sililar think on "meegas" though.

Cheers.

Matt
There are only 10 types of people in the world.....
......Those that understand binary, and those that don't

dgainda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 September 2006, 21:53:55 »

Hi guys thanks to all of you! wow good response. thanks to:-

Andy B
Martin Imber
TheBoy
tunnie
nixoro
markjay
Big Rod
mr des

I am afriad I don't know much about engines, a bit crap in that dept.  I don't know where the idle control valve is either to clean it... but when the vauxhall garage fitted it would they not clean it themselves? Vauxhall main dealers ! I hate them arrrggghhh.  the guys there make me sick! I wrote a letter of complaint to them because they changed the c02 sensor and I paid £200 and no difference!  

Tunnie....could we arrange for you to have a look at it? name your price, i can come to you or you can come to me and ill pay for petrol....there is also a main dealer close-by if I need to buy any parts....

most of the garages around here don't touch Omegas they say "go to the main dealer its all computerised we don't touch it" and the main dealers charge a fortune, no wonder these cars loose value quickly if you can't DIY.....

Is there any one in London that can garuntee a fix name your price...
thanks
D

The hoses and in good nick i changed a split one

dgainda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2006, 21:56:04 »

hahahah and least I can laugh at the last posts ... no its not the fuel filter thats done and fitted no change... what about air filter not changed that...shall i try?

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2006, 23:30:58 »

It is worth trying.

Look in the FAQs and advice for the ICV, needs pictures though - if yours is new should be OK

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2006, 00:24:49 »

Hi guys thanks to all of you! wow good response. thanks to:-

Andy B
Martin Imber
TheBoy
tunnie
nixoro
markjay
Big Rod
mr des

I am afriad I don't know much about engines, a bit crap in that dept.  I don't know where the idle control valve is either to clean it... but when the vauxhall garage fitted it would they not clean it themselves? Vauxhall main dealers ! I hate them arrrggghhh.  the guys there make me sick! I wrote a letter of complaint to them because they changed the c02 sensor and I paid £200 and no difference!  

Tunnie....could we arrange for you to have a look at it? name your price, i can come to you or you can come to me and ill pay for petrol....there is also a main dealer close-by if I need to buy any parts....

most of the garages around here don't touch Omegas they say "go to the main dealer its all computerised we don't touch it" and the main dealers charge a fortune, no wonder these cars loose value quickly if you can't DIY.....

Is there any one in London that can garuntee a fix name your price...
thanks
D

The hoses and in good nick i changed a split one

If you can hang on a few weeks when i am back at Uni i am sure i can pop by sometime.

Becuase your engine is a 2.0, it does not need to be taken to a dealer to read the fault codes. You can used the 'paperclip' test, details are in the FAQ section. I can show you that when i am back at uni as well.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2006, 10:33:52 »

Here is a piccy which may come handy to identify each part mentioned.

Arrow pointing upwards near the centre is the Idle Control Valve

Arrow angled just above is pointing to the Throttlebody

Arrow pointing to the right at the rear of the rocker cover is the rear breather pipe which sometimes has an oil seperator fitted.

You have two breather pipes running from the rocker cover front left hand side the thinner one runs to the Throttle body and the thicker pipe connects onto the intake pipe.

Where abouts in London are you?

dgainda

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 September 2006, 22:14:13 »

Hi guys, I can't believe all the effort everyones put in! you don't event kow me...and all this help thanks man....

nixoro - thanks for the picture...I can see what the pipes and stuff are (not really confident to start opening things up as I might break something etc)  On the fat chunky pipe I have all oil dripping down it...it looks messy...is something clogged? hmmm I am in Greenwich - Plumstead to be exact.....not sure if that is far away for you?

Tunnie & Nixoro if either one of yous can come down, please let me know the price, and I will be happy to offer you a beer ontop hahahha

would you believe it...Iam an MSc student and can't even fix or know anything about the car....without joke I must have paid £800 to fix this problem, the garages around here are quite rubbish Iam afriad....

Look forward to any more replies cheers everyone, if I had your addresses I'd put you on my xmas card list!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 September 2006, 07:36:16 »

...Iam an MSc student and can't even fix or know anything about the car....
You'll get there, but as one of my apprentice ship instructors used to say .... " they could find the square root of a a banana but can't peel & eat the f***er!""   ;)

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2006, 07:53:57 »

Right. Back to basics.

You say the fuel filter has been changed. ARE YOU SURE? Did they say fuel filter and then change the air filter/oil filter instead? Did they say they changed it, but just cleaned it? They are pigs to get off.

Next, has it run very low on fuel or out of fuel at any point?

Finally. This is an idle problem. So, fuel filter, idle control valve, throttle butterflies sticking, MAF sensor dirty, air filter dirty or throttle position sensor. All checkable yourself.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2006, 08:15:10 »

nixoro - thanks for the picture...I can see what the pipes and stuff are (not really confident to start opening things up as I might break something etc)  On the fat chunky pipe I have all oil dripping down it...it looks messy...is something clogged? hmmm I am in Greenwich - Plumstead to be exact.....not sure if that is far away for you?

When you say the fat chunky pipe do you mean the rear breather or the one that goes to the intake pipe at the front?

If its the rear breather these are prone to getting clogged if you can remove the connecting pipe whether there is an oil seperator or not its not a biggy when looking in the pipe it may have a thick coating which ideally needs to be removed. The pipe is usually held in place at the bottom with two star bolts.

If its the thick front breather pipe again all part and parcel of the breather system being dirty. (what I suggest is remove the two breathers at the front and the rear one and take a tin of carb cleaner to them.

Just to check do you have any oil in the plug wells under the black strip and is there any signs of the rocker cover leaking as when there is a blockage as the pressure builds up it finds the quickest route either via the gasket or a weak breather pipe join as I have found out just recently myself. (dodgy spring clips)

HTH just trying to get some idea of whats actually happening. All the above has happened to mine at one time or another so I maybe able to help talk you through it, as RonaldMcBurger says all these jobs are DIY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.