Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I addicted?  (Read 1383 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Am I addicted?
« on: 09 September 2006, 18:35:22 »

I know, I know. I said no more. But I had to buy one last one.

So, I am on project 14.

This is a 1998 R-reg Elite saloon. Gold colour, cream leather memory seats, Bose etc. Bit of an engine problem or two, but nothing serious. Basically works fine but gets very hot when you slow down after cruising a while. Fans work, but runs very hot for a while. I suspect fans may be wired up wrong way round, wouldn't be the first time. Or, water pump, thermostat etc.

I noticed when collecting today that the heater doesn't work, although cold does. that would imply the HBV is playing up. Clue?????

Otherwise nice car. I may keep it for a toy, or as usual sell it on when fixed. Nice seller, forum member. Bodywork 9/10, engien 10/10, gearbox, 8/10. Whells, tyres and the rest all good. Steering is heavy for PAS and this may be another clue.

I'll start on this one once project 13 vacates my drive. Dave got it running again and said he had never heard such a quiet engine. At lest that's what I think he said, I could hear him above the noise of the engine! ;D

maybe bad, maybe ok. I dunno and don't care anymore. Anyone want a 2000 w-reg omega? make me an offer I cannot refuse and it's yours to play with.

STMO123

Re: Am I addicted?
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2006, 18:39:32 »

Someone mentioned earlier today that you might go for this one. I personally didn't think you would. Sounds like a very quick turnaround. As usual, nice one Fin. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2006, 19:13:48 »

Finlay, I'm going to recomend you to Omega Addicts Anonymous. ;)
I like red cars

simon p from donny

• doncaster,s yorkshire
  • elite v6,directors car on my cortina wages.top buy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2006, 19:39:03 »

there were two men in white coats today taking my omega off the drive!!!
thought they were either doctors,bakery delivery drivers,vets,lab men,FBI ,
then i saw a dark green elite v6 3.0 purring
and it was dave and finlay
head gasket my a***e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
elite v6,more toys than woolworths,comfier seats than my front room.just need a tv in the car then i could live there -cr tax cheaper than bloody council tax.

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2006, 20:35:23 »

Well, Simon is a nice bloke. You know how some people come across right or wrong? He is one of the nice guys and a pleasure to meet.

Car made it back here, but it does get warm alright!!! You can drive all day at 70 without the temp moving, but slow down to avoid one of Dave's mad motoray exits and up goes the temp to 1 zillion degrees.

A few things to sort out thre, but as I said to Simon we will pop the top off and then see what we see.

It does have a small oil leak, probbaly rockers I think - even though they have just been done. My guess is the bolkts are too tight, we;ll soon see.

Water problems? Fan wired up wrongly maybe, water pump is main suspect, HBV not working for certain, so possible problem area there.

Anyway, all quite fixable. Car looks nice and drives ok. Steering is very heavy for an Omega, but all to be looked at soon.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2006, 20:35:54 »

I know, I know. I said no more. But I had to buy one last one.

So, I am on project 14.

This is a 1998 R-reg Elite saloon. Gold colour, cream leather memory seats, Bose etc. Bit of an engine problem or two, but nothing serious. Basically works fine but gets very hot when you slow down after cruising a while. Fans work, but runs very hot for a while. I suspect fans may be wired up wrong way round, wouldn't be the first time. Or, water pump, thermostat etc.

I noticed when collecting today that the heater doesn't work, although cold does. that would imply the HBV is playing up. Clue?????

Otherwise nice car. I may keep it for a toy, or as usual sell it on when fixed. Nice seller, forum member. Bodywork 9/10, engien 10/10, gearbox, 8/10. Whells, tyres and the rest all good. Steering is heavy for PAS and this may be another clue.

I'll start on this one once project 13 vacates my drive. Dave got it running again and said he had never heard such a quiet engine. At lest that's what I think he said, I could hear him above the noise of the engine! ;D

maybe bad, maybe ok. I dunno and don't care anymore. Anyone want a 2000 w-reg omega? make me an offer I cannot refuse and it's yours to play with.

Overheating? Heater doesnt work? Power steering heavy? U sure its got an aux drive belt fitted  ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2006, 20:38:46 »

Finlay, I'm going to recomend you to Omega Addicts Anonymous. ;)

Addicts Anonymous? AA.....i didnt think of that one last time  ;D

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2006, 20:43:53 »

knew you would keep going, sounds like a nice car, so wheres the piccies?  :)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2006, 20:48:42 »

Looks like this:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Except, it is a saloon not and estate, is an Elite not a CDX, has leather not cloth, has BOSE not phillips, has differnt alloys obvioulsy, is gold and not green, has a standard windscreen and not the heat reflective one, it also has no dog guard being a saloon, although it does have raer blind which the pictured one doesn't. Oh and its' R-reg and not P.

There. Does that help. Or shall I take some actual pics tomorrow? ;D
« Last Edit: 09 September 2006, 20:49:29 by RonaldMcBurger »

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2006, 20:51:21 »

Looks like this:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Except, it is a saloon not and estate, is an Elite not a CDX, has leather not cloth, has BOSE not phillips, has differnt alloys obvioulsy, is gold and not green, has a standard windscreen and not the heat reflective one, it also has no dog guard being a saloon, although it does have raer blind which the pictured one doesn't. Oh and its' R-reg and not P.

Nah thats close enuf Ron  ;D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2006, 08:59:46 »

Looks like this:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Sorry, no, can you be more specific please? ;)
I like red cars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.