Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T-cut v Pan scourer  (Read 971 times)

STMO123

T-cut v Pan scourer
« on: 10 September 2006, 18:37:11 »

I have just finished getting out the last of some rather nasty marks on my paintwork. When I viewed the car after buying it on ebay, it was a dull, damp evening and, with the car being silver, it looked fine.
However, on the very first sunny day I noticed quite a few 'scratch marks' behind both front and rear wheels.
When I enquired of the seller he said he had picked up some tar from a newly laid road and had removed it with a pan scourer and some washing up liquid! Please dont try this at home. It makes a right f*****g mess of the paintwork and is a pain to put right.
Luckily, all ended OK, T cut did the job. Eventually!  :(

EDIT: If you want to remove tar spots, use a drop of petrol(lighter fluid) and buff it up with a bit of wax immediately.
          After t-cutting make sure you give the area a good old waxing to put the protective layer back
« Last Edit: 10 September 2006, 18:43:42 by STMO123 »

Taxi_Driver

Re: T-cut v Pan scourer
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2006, 18:43:10 »

I have just finished getting out the last of some rather nasty marks on my paintwork. When I viewed the car after buying it on ebay, it was a dull, damp evening and, with the car being silver, it looked fine.
However, on the very first sunny day I noticed quite a few 'scratch marks' behind both front and rear wheels.
When I enquired of the seller he said he had picked up some tar from a newly laid road and had removed it with a pan scourer and some washing up liquid! Please dont try this at home. It makes a right f*****g mess of the paintwork and is a pain to put right.
Luckily, all ended OK, T cut did the job. Eventually!  :(

Glad it came up all ok for you  :)

Mate of mine used to drive a white merc sprinter van.....his boss insisted the van was cleaned every week and did check that he did clean it.

My mate decided the best way to remove dead bugs from the front of van was using a pan scourer.....it always looked nice and bug free but the front of his van very quickly became dull looking  ;D
« Last Edit: 10 September 2006, 18:44:35 by Taxi_Driver »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2006, 19:45:27 »

Glad u got it all done m8
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2006, 20:44:41 »

Give me good old Brasso over T-Cut any day......but you have to know how to apply it. ;)
I like red cars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.