Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another funny thing happened at the supermarket  (Read 5462 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Another funny thing happened at the supermarket
« on: 24 July 2006, 19:33:13 »

I was driving along and a funny light came on. Ooooh errrrrr I thought. What has gone wrong now? Anyway, I spotted a big car park on the left with a canopy, which is thoughtful of them, and it seemed popular with drivers, so i pulled in. I couldn't really work it out so I asked another driver what he thought. Your fuel is low he said. Fuel? What do you mean I said. You know, he said, what we all pull in here for. Is that what you are all doing I asked! What do I do now I said, I've only had the car a few weeks, it's never happened before. Are you mad he said, before wandering around to the back of my car at which point he said Oh I see, you have a diesel Omega. That explains it.

So, a new experience for me, but a very familiar one to all you petrol drivers. The fuel filling station. What great fun that was. Oh well, I'd better get used to it I supoose. I will be going to another one one day.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: Another funny thing happened at the supermarke
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2006, 20:15:13 »

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]How dare you hijack my trademark ;)
I like red cars

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2006, 20:28:28 »

er am i going mad? it says this thread was started by jamie on the thread list, but its your post!?! lol
« Last Edit: 24 July 2006, 20:28:43 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2006, 20:35:10 »

Thats me buggering about trying to credit it back to Ronnie (I cut and pasted from the posts that had to be deleted when we did restore)
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2006, 20:47:02 »

Still, that extra go is worth the money....how did my estate feel to drive Mr McB?

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2006, 22:25:02 »

FOXTROT OSCAR you bar steward. You have spoiled my day now! You know fine well that it goes like a rocket and my tractor feels and sounds like, erm.... a tractor. Bah humbug!!!!! >:(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2006, 06:36:07 »

I was driving along and a funny light came on. Ooooh errrrrr I thought. What has gone wrong now? Anyway, I spotted a big car park on the left with a canopy, which is thoughtful of them, and it seemed popular with drivers, so i pulled in. I couldn't really work it out so I asked another driver what he thought. Your fuel is low he said. Fuel? What do you mean I said. You know, he said, what we all pull in here for. Is that what you are all doing I asked! What do I do now I said, I've only had the car a few weeks, it's never happened before. Are you mad he said, before wandering around to the back of my car at which point he said Oh I see, you have a diesel Omega. That explains it.

So, a new experience for me, but a very familiar one to all you petrol drivers. The fuel filling station. What great fun that was. Oh well, I'd better get used to it I supoose. I will be going to another one one day.

I know how you feel Ron.....I too have to try to remember what to do in these places......I have to stick in £20 of petrol about every 4000 miles  :D 872 miles to a gallon of petrol .....pretty impressive fuel comsumption  :D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2006, 06:47:55 »

My Powakaddy Titanium Sport is electric powered and doesn't require me to call in at a filling station at all...so there....beat that ;D
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2006, 08:18:24 »

My Powakaddy Titanium Sport is electric powered and doesn't require me to call in at a filling station at all...so there....beat that ;D
Just needs plugging in the mains all the time :)
Grumpy old man

Goonlord

• Gods Chosen Acre  Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2006, 08:48:29 »

Now children Uncle RmcB story was brought to you through the round window
well thats all from playschool today ..............so
bye bye everybody bye bye...............
Once we were a Dukedom ruled by Dukes........
Then we were a Kingdom ruled by Kings...........
Now we are a Country.......................................

Martin_1962

« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2006, 10:18:44 »

I know how you feel Ron.....I too have to try to remember what to do in these places......I have to stick in £20 of petrol about every 4000 miles  :D 872 miles to a gallon of petrol .....pretty impressive fuel comsumption  :D

I filled up on Sunday - 20 lasted me for a month, under 20 litres, got 30l of gas for 13

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2006, 19:25:33 »

Top tip for LPG users  ;)

Hot or cold engine.....dont move when you start engine....let it idle until it will switch to LPG....
hard to do....temptation wise, of just driving off.....but it dont half save on petrol  ;)

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 25 July 2006, 20:01:51 »

Hot or cold engine.....dont move when you start engine....let it idle until it will switch to LPG....
hard to do....temptation wise, of just driving off.....but it dont half save on petrol  ;)

Driving puts a bit of petrol through to keep the injectors clear, rather than waste warming up I manage 1/2 mile when cold

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2006, 05:57:21 »

Driving puts a bit of petrol through to keep the injectors clear, rather than waste warming up I manage 1/2 mile when cold

I can see your point Martin....but id thought idling on petrol does the same.....plus that 1/2 mile your using petrol at 95ppl.
I guess it really depends how many miles you do and how much stop starting the engine. (In my business a lot)
It can make a difference of spending £20/week on petrol and £5/week

Cheers

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2006, 09:18:32 »

I just think it's going to use it anyway - might as well drive it

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2006, 18:26:32 »

But an idling engine will use far less than a driven engine

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2006, 18:28:54 »

But it don't half knock your average mpg down.....
I like red cars

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2006, 23:08:02 »

I switched to petrol tonight to get most power, I was on a dual carriage way returning from the storage compound, trying to get past a few lesser cars, managed a few, but I have found now where an MV6 is definately quicker, over 30 when towing!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2006, 07:03:39 »

But it don't half knock your average mpg down.....

Dont see how AA......the idea was idle on petrol until the lpg system is ready to switch to lpg....as soon as on lpg then drive off.....wont affect the lpg mpg figures....in fact will make em more accurate as your not doing any mileage on petrol.

Using petrol on lpg cars is a 'must' , my idea was just how to use less of it.

Cheers

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2006, 10:06:05 »

At least us petrol users dont get drunks jumping in our cars and asking us to take them home when waiting for someone and little boys and girls asking for a 99 with flake when we have our window down and stereo on [smiley=laugh.gif]
Retired
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.