Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Most reliable car ever owned ?  (Read 6801 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Most reliable car ever owned ?
« Reply #60 on: 03 February 2014, 20:39:40 »

K4M  engine.. most reliable one I have ever seen..  yes its clit engine.. car is also ok apart from some small electrical problems..

What is your opinion of the V6 clit that you own, Cem?

V6 ..thats entirely a different league different subject Opti.. apart from its famous oil , water leaks and bottom end issues pistons are ok ;D ;D

however I must note that v6 is too complicated compared to k4m.. and k4m is primarily small volume rally engine.. so stock internals can easily cope with 180-190 hp from its 1.6 volume..  there are super 1600 variants that have  220 hp  in na form

« Last Edit: 03 February 2014, 20:43:24 by cem »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #61 on: 03 February 2014, 20:47:32 »

K4M  engine.. most reliable one I have ever seen..  yes its clit engine.. car is also ok apart from some small electrical problems..

French spaghetti  ;D :-X

here are the electrical problems that I have faced,

weak battery recharge because of alternator and battery feed cable from alternator which routes via  key module..  solution servicing alternator and extra battery feed line..

remote keys stop locking/unlocking (both) which requires main fuse circuitry to be changed(not an immo or coding problem)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 04 February 2014, 22:23:17 »

Vauxhall Senator, 351k and still running when scrapped due to tin worm, 113k in my ownership. Paid £200 for it and got £150m scrap after four years  ;)
Best car I`ve ever owned  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 04 February 2014, 23:46:32 »

Vauxhall Senator, 351k and still running when scrapped due to tin worm, 113k in my ownership. Paid £200 for it and got £150m scrap after four years  ;)
Best car I`ve ever owned  :y

:y :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #64 on: 05 February 2014, 00:45:59 »

I had an old Peugeot 405 grtd a few years back as a stand in car for a few months. L reg and 389k on the clock when I got it. It was taxed 4mths & had 8 months ticket, although it moaned & groaned a bit it started no matter what weather was chucked at it . Not a bad car really and was very economical too. Got it to 418k just before  fuel pump went west,  cheesed off wanted to get it to 500k. Still, got £200 scrap!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05 February 2014, 09:28:33 »

Rover sd1,bought at 80k for 875,put 3 hundred thou on it over 6 years,fitted twin turbo,s halfway through the six year period,sold it for 5 hundred after removing the tubo,s then sold the turbos for another 5 hundred,briliant car!
followed by H16Owl,A £500 wreck of acarlton gsi which required new sills and some chassis welding, which in spite of thrashing around almost all the racetracks on track days only ever let me down once,when i blew the engine on track at Castle Combe while holding off a mitsubishi evo for 4 laps, :'( got it towed home fitted new engine on the monday,and was back at work on the tuesday,fitted injected Lpg a year after i got it,lost track of the miles it has on it,as i never looked! well over 200k though, and sold for 2grand :y

Rog

« Reply #66 on: 05 February 2014, 12:51:01 »

The Mrs 1997 Volvo 940 2.3. Brilliant, it just keeps on going.  :y

My first omega was pretty good an 02 2.6 CDX Est, but my others since then have been, well a bit reliability crap regardless of how much cash I throw at them.  >:(

dillan

• kent
    • omega 2.5 v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05 February 2014, 13:43:40 »

my old 518 she took a good abusing
crashed it many times a few zip ties n was ready to go even when I took out 20 fence posts
miss it dearly just lacked the power

Mart280

• East Sussex
    • 2001 2.6 CD Auto Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05 February 2014, 17:22:43 »

I've been driving legaly  :) since 1985 and have probably had about 15-20 cars but thinking back hard I think my Omega has been the most reliable, I have had a few of the usual problems but out on the road it has only ever let me down once in 3 years.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 05 February 2014, 20:09:15 »

A suzuki swift 1.0. 2 years and 25k 2 oil changes and that was it.  :y
Back to my 1990 Rover GSi, after I gave to my big bro, he went from 80k to 140k, and only ever bought 2 tyres, and annual MOTs. Nothing else. No oil, coolant, brakes, nothing.  I think his MOT chap used to put some screenwas in to get it through ;D

He used it was a workhorse when rebuild his house, which knackered the bodywork a bit, which is what killed it in the end.
Grumpy old man

slowboy

• Intermediate Member
  • lode
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06 February 2014, 15:20:38 »

jag xk140 inlate 60s

omega3000

« Reply #71 on: 06 February 2014, 18:32:28 »

Nissan Sunny till my ex blew it up  :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.