Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trumps tariffs  (Read 2284 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Trumps tariffs
« on: 28 June 2018, 19:28:29 »

So Harley-Davidson have stated that they will build bikes outside of the USA to get round the idea of tariffs-I'm pretty sure that many years ago H-D had a tie in with an Italian company Aermacchi if I remember rightly and you could buy a 250cc built by them but badged as a Harley.Trump of course is not best pleased with this idea and apparently has said H-Ds should "never" be built outside the USA.I know a good few bikers who'd tell him H-Ds should "never" be built at all :D :D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Trumps tariffs
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2018, 19:44:30 »

Of course they should, Baza - franchised to John Deere!  :P

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2018, 19:44:51 »

Are Harley Davidsons at the heart of US exports? Minor diversion like 20% on bourbon and Southern Comfort. . I know Spanish consumers wont give a damn.

I said a weekor so ago that this trade war will morph into a security war which is what it is really about. Difficult times ahead for the UK and NATO.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2018, 20:20:19 »

I felt the the EU's response to Trumps steel tariffs was an own goal, as they directly penalised European consumers.   >:(

I wonder how many people are directly and indirectly employed by Harley Davidson's dealers and franchises across Europe?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2018, 21:05:53 »

A fraction of those employed in VAG in the US ?

Might be a great opportunity for Triumph to take market share.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2018, 21:30:05 »

A fraction of those employed in VAG in the US ?

Might be a great opportunity for Triumph to take market share.

Yes that would be a triumph indeed!  :D  Far superior machines anyway!  :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2018, 21:36:59 »

I felt the the EU's response to Trumps steel tariffs was an own goal, as they directly penalised European consumers.   >:(

I wonder how many people are directly and indirectly employed by Harley Davidson's dealers and franchises across Europe?  ::)

The Trump Tariffs on Steel and Aluminium were introduced by him to try and protect jobs in the American 'Rust Belt' states. What the EU has done is impose tariffs aimed specifically on goods produced in some of those Rust Belt States - Kentucky, West Virginia etc. Harley Davidson's reaction appears to show that it's working.

Trump has threatened to impose tarrifs on European car imports. If he does, the EU will retaliate in kind - No point going after Ford or GM since most of their Euro cars are made in Europe anyway. Boeing would be my guess.   

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2018, 21:41:26 »

So Harley-Davidson have stated that they will build bikes outside of the USA to get round the idea of tariffs-I'm pretty sure that many years ago H-D had a tie in with an Italian company Aermacchi if I remember rightly and you could buy a 250cc built by them but badged as a Harley.Trump of course is not best pleased with this idea and apparently has said H-Ds should "never" be built outside the USA.I know a good few bikers who'd tell him H-Ds should "never" be built at all :D :D

They were horrible f*ucking two strokes......a million miles from a Jurassic 4 stroke V-twin. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2018, 22:16:13 »

The Trump Tariffs on Steel and Aluminium were introduced by him to try and protect jobs in the American 'Rust Belt' states. What the EU has done is impose tariffs aimed specifically on goods produced in some of those Rust Belt States - Kentucky, West Virginia etc. Harley Davidson's reaction appears to show that it's working.

Trump has threatened to impose tarrifs on European car imports. If he does, the EU will retaliate in kind - No point going after Ford or GM since most of their Euro cars are made in Europe anyway. Boeing would be my guess.
Anything to bolster Airbus sales :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2018, 23:04:59 »

I can't help but think that Trump has some kind of master plan and by predictably engaging in tit for tat tariff increases the EU is playing into his hands somehow.  :-\

I just wish I was a bit cleverer so I work out what he's up to!  ::)  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2018, 07:51:36 »

Triumph are quite a well regarded brand with a decent spread of machines,the 675s did well for themselves in racing.Norton are enjoying something of a resurgence albeit with a "foreign" engine and not one of their own.Glad to hear my memory wasn't playing me false about the H-D/Aermacchi bikes Opti.

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2018, 08:27:58 »

None of us are clever enough to work out what the New World Order are up to. </tinfoil hat> ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2018, 09:22:12 »

They were horrible f*ucking two strokes......a million miles from a Jurassic 4 stroke V-twin. :-\

Istr there was a 4 stroke single before that. I can remember standing trackside when they were racing and the noise from the megaphone was ear splitting and not in a pleasant way like a 2 stroke or multi cylinder 4 stroke
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 June 2018, 11:09:09 »

I can't help but think that Trump has some kind of master plan and by predictably engaging in tit for tat tariff increases the EU is playing into his hands somehow.  :-\

Trump is Putin's bitch and Putin wants to dismantle the international rule based world order with a failed EU, NATO, US withdrawal from the WTO and fubar international trade and Western wealth by making all Western countries have protectionist trade policies so we all get closer to pauper Russia which has a population of 146 million and falling with a $1tn GDP, US growing 340m population $17tn GDP & EU 500m population & $17tn GDP. At the moment Putin is winning, but in September Mueller law & order time will happen, not the starter and opening so far of 23 indictments, 6 convictions and 2 in jail but the full main course. Never lose sight that Mueller took down the Italian mafia gangs including Teflon Don. Where Mueller knows he's got one shot at taking down the Trump crime family and clan the rumour is that the FBI team are currently going through and rehearsing all the devil advocate, 'what if legal scenarios, to make sure they have all the legal bases covered. :y

Don't be surprised if Trump with his July summit in Finland with Putin ends up in Russia and never goes home. Russia have a good track record for looking after their agents when their cover is blown (James Clapper is the US most experienced spook and his speeches pull no punches, where in his words Trump is a Russian agent and Putin asset, who is being very well played by Putin his controller - Google "James Clapper Trump" for more information). :o :o :o Yancovitch and Edward Snowden are the two most recent Russian agents now being hosted and looked after by Russia. Ask any US or 5-eyes spook or former spook in the know about the fate of Trump and his crime family and clan, by the time Mueller has finished and they will tell you they will all die in jail. Like I keep telling you Trump will make Watergate look like a parking violation in comparison. :-X :-X :-X

The Christopher Steele dossier has now been about 90% verified by independent Western sources. Australian spooks has one of the Trump kompromat tapes with Trump being 'entertained' by very young girls, which is of no surprise when you read about the allegations against Trump Models with allegations of Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Clinton attending Trump parties along with other elites. Google "Jeffrey Epstein" if you want more details on what has been happening. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 June 2018, 12:06:49 »

I don't mind the occasional conspiracy theory, but I would need cast iron, irrefutable proof, before I will believe that the elected POTUS is actually a Russian agent !
If he has a hand is bringing down the EU, and bullies those who need it into paying their fair share into NATO, then he will be my hero.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.