Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comgratulation to the 3 lions  (Read 2507 times)

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
Comgratulation to the 3 lions
« on: 03 July 2018, 22:03:13 »

Well done boys.....
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

STEMO

Re: Comgratulation to the 3 lions
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2018, 22:03:57 »

Well done boys.....
Thank you, Rolf.  :-*

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2018, 22:10:51 »

Well, by the skin of their teeth. But I think it was deserved  :y
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2018, 22:12:33 »

Well done 😀

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2018, 22:37:32 »

Our Player that never scored a Penalty, send him to the Russian Front or something.

.......oh, hang on.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2018, 23:46:22 »

Well done boys.....

Thank you Rolf, nice gesture, that is appreciated. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2018, 10:18:46 »

I thought we came back to life in extra time.
Too much back passing to the keeper makes us look negative though.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2018, 10:46:40 »

Fair play to you Rolf  :)

Does that mean I have to stop taking the piss out of the Germans coming home early now ?   :D :D :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2018, 11:48:53 »

Just proves what I have always believed, our German cousins are close friends and relatives of ours, outside of politics, with very similar values, especially when it comes to football!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Thanks Rolf! :y :y

Yes, just for once our team did not disappoint and showed real grit and determination.  They are in the main a young group of footballers who now have gained valuable international match experience that could see them going all the way this time, or sometime in the future.  At last the England team has got away from playing the regular, famous, and pumped up big "names", with a far better calm attitude which, by God, they needed last night against a bunch of hooligans.  That penalty shootout has made men out of five of them, and was a credit to the whole team, especially when we are old enough to remember the history of those past penalty shootout encounters! 8) 8) 8) ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2018, 17:12:02 »

As someone who nowadays does not watch football, I gave it 10 minutes, during which time I saw an English player about to take a free kick, sneakily - as he thought - move the ball forwards twice, a total of about 6 feet, before taking the kick, then a pushing and shoving match in the goal mouth. All this reminded me why I don't watch it nowadays. If it is necessary to foul and cheat to win, it is no longer a sport. >:(

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 July 2018, 17:22:22 »

As someone who nowadays does not watch football, I gave it 10 minutes, during which time I saw an English player about to take a free kick, sneakily - as he thought - move the ball forwards twice, a total of about 6 feet, before taking the kick, then a pushing and shoving match in the goal mouth. All this reminded me why I don't watch it nowadays. If it is necessary to foul and cheat to win, it is no longer a sport. >:(
[/highlight]

Be it using drugs or just rolling around on the floor like you've been shot, sadly that's par the course nowadays  :(

In simple terms ................. If you can't beat then fairly, cheat  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 July 2018, 17:29:07 »

That was going on in the 1960's, 70's , 80's and 1990's :D :D

Nothing new in that - remember the 'nasty', Argentinians or "the Hand of God" with Brasil of the past?  Remember the ruthless Nobby Stiles in the England squad of 1966?

At club level it was just as bad when the likes of Wolves or Millwall were playing, with the 'hard men', like Vinnie Jones with Wimbledon FC, of football playing across the old First Division?  I had the misfortune to watch when accompanying my eldest football mad son to games in those days, and watching Nobby on TV during 1966!.

No excuse for it though, and the Columbia team certainly showed their dirty side! >:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 July 2018, 19:38:53 »

That was going on in the 1960's, 70's , 80's and 1990's :D :D

Nothing new in that - remember the 'nasty', Argentinians or "the Hand of God" with Brasil of the past?  Remember the ruthless Nobby Stiles in the England squad of 1966?

At club level it was just as bad when the likes of Wolves or Millwall were playing, with the 'hard men', like Vinnie Jones with Wimbledon FC, of football playing across the old First Division?  I had the misfortune to watch when accompanying my eldest football mad son to games in those days, and watching Nobby on TV during 1966!.

No excuse for it though, and the Columbia team certainly showed their dirty side! >:(

Fortunately, not, I had given up long before that. :-X

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2018, 22:49:11 »

Thanks for that Rolf. I must add that a lot of the antics of the Columbians was due, in part, to a referee who was clearly up to the job in hand. How they managed to still have eleven players on the pitch after 90 mins is beyond me. A lot of the refs at this tournament are from countries with leagues not of the highest level and it shows. While i think VAR is a good innovation, they seem to rely on it for far more than it was originally intended for.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2018, 06:14:30 »

Yeah truly great to see the British team doing well :y

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2018, 15:31:33 »

Thanks for that Rolf. I must add that a lot of the antics of the Columbians was due, in part, to a referee who was clearly NOT up to the job in hand. How they managed to still have eleven players on the pitch after 90 mins is beyond me. A lot of the refs at this tournament are from countries with leagues not of the highest level and it shows. While i think VAR is a good innovation, they seem to rely on it for far more than it was originally intended for.

:)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 July 2018, 23:17:42 »

Thanks for that Rolf. I must add that a lot of the antics of the Columbians was due, in part, to a referee who was clearly NOT up to the job in hand. How they managed to still have eleven players on the pitch after 90 mins is beyond me. A lot of the refs at this tournament are from countries with leagues not of the highest level and it shows. While i think VAR is a good innovation, they seem to rely on it for far more than it was originally intended for.

:)
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.