Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Deals, the NHS and Immigration  (Read 1739 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Trade Deals, the NHS and Immigration
« on: 27 November 2019, 19:05:01 »

So Corbyn claims today to have obtained documentary evidence that the UK and US governments have been discussing access to the NHS for American healthcare companies as part of any FTA.   ::)  I don't understand why this provokes such hysteria.  :-\  If the NHS puts a contract out to tender, why shouldn't US companies have the opportunity to bid if other international companies have the option?  Surely it will be against WTO rules to discriminate against companies from the US, whether we have an FTA or not and whether we are in the EU or not?  :-\

The way I see it, there is a lot of medical expertise in the US and we regularly see people raising cash to send sick kids there for treatment.  Surely the NHS could benefit from this expertise? The hysteria seems completely irrational to me...  :-\

Meanwhile Michel Barnier has reportedly told a group of MEP's that free movement of people will have to accompany free movement of goods in any EU-UK trade deal and it will be impossible to conclude a deal by the end of 2020.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Deals, the NHS and Immigration
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2019, 19:44:34 »

Any trade deal between our tiny isle and the former British colonies will not be a negotiation between equals.

I imagine any talks will start with the USA saying "jump you little English shits" and our response is likely to be "how high, sir". :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2019, 19:57:06 »

Any trade deal between our tiny isle and the former British colonies will not be a negotiation between equals.

I imagine any talks will start with the USA saying "jump you little English shits" and our response is likely to be "Tea, anyone? ". :)
Fixed ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2019, 19:58:44 »

I imagine any talks will start with the USA saying "jump you little English shits" and our response is likely to be "Tea, anyone? ". :)
Fixed ;)

Yep.... ;D ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2019, 20:19:17 »

From what I can make out no-one negotiates with the U.S. as an equal anyway so why should we be any different?There seems to be quite a bit of scaremongering going off what with we'll sell off the NHS to the yanks while being buried under a mountain of chlorinated chicken etc. As Sir Tig points out there is a great deal of medical expertise over the pond and the yanks don't seem to exactly suffer due to eating chlorinated chicken.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2019, 20:35:58 »

So Corbyn claims today to have obtained documentary evidence that the UK and US governments have been discussing access to the NHS for American healthcare companies as part of any FTA.   ::)  I don't understand why this provokes such hysteria.  :-\  If the NHS puts a contract out to tender, why shouldn't US companies have the opportunity to bid if other international companies have the option?  Surely it will be against WTO rules to discriminate against companies from the US, whether we have an FTA or not and whether we are in the EU or not?  :-\

The way I see it, there is a lot of medical expertise in the US and we regularly see people raising cash to send sick kids there for treatment.  Surely the NHS could benefit from this expertise? The hysteria seems completely irrational to me...  :-\

Meanwhile Michel Barnier has reportedly told a group of MEP's that free movement of people will have to accompany free movement of goods in any EU-UK trade deal and it will be impossible to conclude a deal by the end of 2020.  ::)

It is all part of comrade Communist Corbyn’s aim to build a state like the old Soviet Union, no capitalism and therefore no external competition to what the State dictates. We all know how well that went, or not!  ::) ::)

But, no, none of that will put Corbin off from attempting to achieve what the majority of British do not want. That is how twisted and deluded that man is >:( >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2019, 20:54:01 »

Capitalism. Mmm Britain has taken this to a new level with responsibility only to shareholders - often millions of them. It needs a bit of reigning in but like they do in other countries but nothing  like the Corbyn model.

The trick with the negotiations with US will be striking the right balance e.g. price of drugs over what period of time till they become generic and cheaper. Britain hasn’t covered itself in glory with its current nhs procurement.

With smart negotiations we might just benefit. I.e. buying best value . Or it might be a car crash.  can any of our politicians be trusted to negotiate anything?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2019, 21:55:45 »

The document he was waving around is from the Theresa May era. Nothing particularly controversial in it. He was lying through his desperate teeth trying to scare everyone into voting for him. Its the only tactic he has left I think.
Details of the documents are on Guido Fawkes.
https://order-order.com/2019/11/27/excl-read-full-corbyns-unredacted-trade-documents/
https://order-order.com/2019/11/27/corbyn-claims-documents-say-versus-actually-say/
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2019, 22:27:27 »

So we have a would be PM who thinks it's fine to reveal the contents of confidential government documents?  ???  I'm sure the Americans are thrilled!  ::)

I hope they find, name and shame, and sack the bent civil servant who handed them over to the Liebour party and I also think questions should be asked of the NHS staff who were handing out the documents in their NHS uniforms at this political party event.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2019, 15:35:58 »

So we have a would be PM who thinks it's fine to reveal the contents of confidential government documents? ???  I'm sure the Americans are thrilled!  ::)

I hope they find, name and shame, and sack the bent civil servant who handed them over to the Liebour party and I also think questions should be asked of the NHS staff who were handing out the documents in their NHS uniforms at this political party event.  ::)

The ironic fact is that IF Corbyn ever gained power and made the country the communist, authoritarian state he desires and no doubt dreams of in his twisted way, his State would never allow such leaks to happen and he would soon have terminated those who tried it. ::) ::) ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2019, 16:40:54 »

So we have a would be PM who thinks it's fine to reveal the contents of confidential government documents? ???  I'm sure the Americans are thrilled!  ::)

The ironic fact is that IF Corbyn ever gained power and made the country the communist, authoritarian state he desires and no doubt dreams of in his twisted way, his State would never allow such leaks to happen and he would soon have terminated those who tried it. ::) ::) ;)

Terminated, I like that word in reference to Corbyn.😉
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 November 2019, 07:46:07 »

From what I could see, the trade doc just discussed drugs supply and nothing else.

That to me sounds sensible, but I guess it makes headlines and  scare stories which many gullible people will swallow

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 November 2019, 07:55:00 »

the

And you think you haven't eaten it yet in this country,,,,,, From what I've seen, I think we might have, but it's.only given a light wash. 

Also I think the NHS is overfunded, and those funds are badly managed, with to much out sourceing, and dodgy deals between companies and procurement managers.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2019, 07:58:15 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 November 2019, 12:22:33 »

From what I could see, the trade doc just discussed drugs supply and nothing else.

That to me sounds sensible, but I guess it makes headlines and  scare stories which many gullible people will swallow

Nowt more than a "shopping list" from the USA IMHO ... what they want..not what they might get !!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.