Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removal of aerial help  (Read 2179 times)

cableguy

• Preston
    • Omega 2.2 GLS Estate
    • View Profile
Removal of aerial help
« on: 06 March 2012, 16:16:13 »

I need to remove my aerial of the back of my estate. I have had a look at it and am a bit lost how to remove it?
Any one got any advice or techniques on how to do this?
Thanks  :y
Omega 2.2 GLS Estate With added MID and Leather.
Code reader & EML reset for local members.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of aerial help
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2012, 16:23:02 »

Not sure on the estate but the saloon aerials are removed from the underside, by removing the plastic trim panel that runs across the rear of the roof headlining. This gives access to the RF connectors, which can be removed, then there is a bolt which secures the antenna into its' mounting hole.

Moved here for a more audio-aware audience!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2012, 17:17:39 »

If it's the same as the later models of Carlton estates then you have to release the headlining to get to the fixings. Bit of a pain but easily done in a day. Just make sure you don't break any trim taking it off.
Why are you taking it off, does it leak or just not work?

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2012, 17:43:23 »

Not sure on the estate but the saloon aerials are removed from the underside, by removing the plastic trim panel that runs across the rear of the roof headlining. This gives access to the RF connectors, which can be removed, then there is a bolt which secures the antenna into its' mounting hole.

Same on the Estate - you can get the central plastic trim out by popping the tops of the side trims out then bending it out (without damage), then pop the interior light out and there's enough dangle in the headlining that you can get to the connectors and retaining nut without having to go further  :y

Probably easier on the estate as you can just open the tailgate and sit in the boot (well .. that's what I did  ;D)

cableguy

• Preston
    • Omega 2.2 GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2012, 18:10:58 »

Thanks  :y

If it's the same as the later models of Carlton estates then you have to release the headlining to get to the fixings. Bit of a pain but easily done in a day. Just make sure you don't break any trim taking it off.
Why are you taking it off, does it leak or just not work?

Removing as the when i got it the bit where you screw the antenna in is broke, like some one tried to jam a bigger one in.

Same on the Estate - you can get the central plastic trim out by popping the tops of the side trims out then bending it out (without damage), then pop the interior light out and there's enough dangle in the headlining that you can get to the connectors and retaining nut without having to go further  :y

Probably easier on the estate as you can just open the tailgate and sit in the boot (well .. that's what I did  ;D)

Nice one, Managed to disconnect all the connectors, just struggling to remove the nut holding the base on, Socket wont go, pliers slip off and i cant seem to get a spanner up there.  :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2012, 18:17:22 »

The ideal tool would probably be a crows foot socket - not a common tool in that size, though :(

Mole grips? Water pump wrench? Bodging tools if ever there were them, but they can be useful!

cableguy

• Preston
    • Omega 2.2 GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2012, 18:22:27 »

Ahh yes, Mole grips may be a good choice.
Will have a crack at it again tomorrow  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.