Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980057 times)

STEMO

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17175 on: 25 October 2018, 12:20:00 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: 25 October 2018, 14:55:47 »

Enjoy yourself, life is short. When you consider how quickly a month passes, almost unnoticed, and then take into consideration that you might get, say, 80 years on this earth............that's a very scary 960 months!
You can close your mouth now  ;D

Death doesn't worry me Steve. Don't care if I die tomorrow. Just hope it isn't a slow demise - dementia, cancer etc.
All I ask for is a quick exit.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #17177 on: 25 October 2018, 15:53:18 »

Enjoy yourself, life is short. When you consider how quickly a month passes, almost unnoticed, and then take into consideration that you might get, say, 80 years on this earth............that's a very scary 960 months!

Death doesn't worry me Steve. Don't care if I die tomorrow. Just hope it isn't a slow demise - dementia, cancer etc.
Easy. Walk down the Falls Road waving a Union flag.  :)

aaronjb

« Reply #17178 on: 25 October 2018, 16:29:39 »

Likewise. I watched my grandfather slowly ebb away to Parkinsons, which is a horrible way to go, and I'm petrified of that one.
Recently started getting odd vision tremors, went to the doc who referred me "in case you need any brain scans" :o hopefully the opticians is right and it's just my other eye being wonky causing it, because the idea of a brain problem does not fill me with joy.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: 25 October 2018, 16:43:05 »

I'm sure that can be arranged for a small fee. ::)

Anyway. No need to be despondent. You have the C90 to enjoy now. :y
« Last Edit: 25 October 2018, 16:46:57 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: 25 October 2018, 16:49:56 »

Likewise. I watched my grandfather slowly ebb away to Parkinsons, which is a horrible way to go, and I'm petrified of that one.
Recently started getting odd vision tremors, went to the doc who referred me "in case you need any brain scans" :o hopefully the opticians is right and it's just my other eye being wonky causing it, because the idea of a brain problem does not fill me with joy.

Do you have diabetes, Aaron?

Diabetes and eye problems can be linked.

aaronjb

« Reply #17181 on: 25 October 2018, 16:53:13 »

Not last time I was checked - which has always surprised me, given my size!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: 25 October 2018, 16:57:08 »

Not last time I was checked - which has always surprised me, given my size!

Well that's what I thought but was too polite to say. :y

There is a common link though.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: 26 October 2018, 13:24:51 »

Easy. Walk down the Falls Road waving a Union flag.  :)

That would probably result in being kicked to death by a mob. Not very quick at all.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: 29 October 2018, 13:33:15 »

MOT .. 3 advisories .....  Exhaust corroded (centre clamp); nearside rear chassis leg (not too bad he said .. seen worse, worth cleaning up and treating); Engine oil sump corroded !!  (its is actually very slightly "oozing" oil .... so an advert in the sales and wants for a sump ....

1 fail - expected - front tyre worn on inside edge ..... I was expecting him to come up with some other failure related to steering/suspension to explain the wear, but he says everything is good. Booked in to a place in Swindon that has the hunter kit and is willing to use WIM's numbers .. 

Be interesting to see what they find .. wishbones are polybushed so shouldn't be them

Tyres at 08:30, alignment at 11:00 .. that's Wednesday sorted !!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: 29 October 2018, 14:52:08 »

MOT .. 3 advisories .....  Exhaust corroded (centre clamp); nearside rear chassis leg (not too bad he said .. seen worse, worth cleaning up and treating); Engine oil sump corroded !!  (its is actually very slightly "oozing" oil .... so an advert in the sales and wants for a sump ....

1 fail - expected - front tyre worn on inside edge ..... I was expecting him to come up with some other failure related to steering/suspension to explain the wear, but he says everything is good. Booked in to a place in Swindon that has the hunter kit and is willing to use WIM's numbers .. 

Be interesting to see what they find .. wishbones are polybushed so shouldn't be them

Is that Imperial Nige?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: 29 October 2018, 14:58:35 »

Is that Imperial Nige?

YUp .. never used them before, but after a telephone chat they say they will set to whatever I ask .....  so armed with the sheet from WIM some years back I will attend on wednesday !!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: 29 October 2018, 16:33:31 »

They did mine, and the guy seemed to know what he was doing. :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: 29 October 2018, 22:23:34 »

My Elite has a rusty oil pan and has a constant drip from a crusty bit in the centre.
When I enquired a couple of years ago a genuine replacement was about £45 from Vauxhall.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: 31 October 2018, 12:59:06 »

Booked it in for its MoT...

... And lined up a potential replacement. Just in case ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.