Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car sales.... Not  (Read 5696 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Car sales.... Not
« Reply #30 on: 09 January 2018, 16:26:52 »

Some years ago we had a very modest house. but no mortgage. A good business deal meant we were in a position to move quite a bit upmarket. We spotted a couple of properties in an area we liked both with the same estate agent. He wouldn't let me view them. Discouraged me on every house I asked about. Didn't want my contact details. He couldn't take on board the price range jump.

I bought the house I wanted via a different agent, and 18 years later refused to consider using the same agent when I sold. Never pre-judge people. I now have a small business, and I'm always surprised at who spends the most.

I had a similar experience in the mid 1980's where my business paid me a good dividend so I had a 30% deposit on a decent detached house as a first time buyer. Of the estate agents that I contacted only two bothered sending me any details and only one really tried to sell me a house which they did in short order and I still happily live here. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #31 on: 09 January 2018, 16:38:22 »

Our house is on the market at the moment as we are downsizing , we have been mortgage free for several years so in effect we will be cash buyers estate agents are still trying to tempt us with low cost mortgages, they can't seem to grasp the fact we don't need one, so no commission on selling us one.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 January 2018, 17:20:30 »

Some years ago we had a very modest house. but no mortgage. A good business deal meant we were in a position to move quite a bit upmarket. We spotted a couple of properties in an area we liked both with the same estate agent. He wouldn't let me view them. Discouraged me on every house I asked about. Didn't want my contact details. He couldn't take on board the price range jump.

I bought the house I wanted via a different agent, and 18 years later refused to consider using the same agent when I sold. Never pre-judge people. I now have a small business, and I'm always surprised at who spends the most.

I had a similar experience in the mid 1980's where my business paid me a good dividend so I had a 30% deposit on a decent detached house as a first time buyer. Of the estate agents that I contacted only two bothered sending me any details and only one really tried to sell me a house which they did in short order and I still happily live here. :y :y :y

As a first time buyer, around 1988, there was a housing boom which encouraged the average estate agent to employ a 'f*ck you' attitude. They could sell every house they had, often at more than asking price. Nasty little turds the lot of them.

By 1990 the bubble had burst and they were constantly calling me to see if they 'could be of assistance'.

TB will need to add estate agents to his cull list. The world won't miss them.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 January 2018, 17:08:46 »

As I was passing I popped into the local Land Rover dealership to have a quick looky see at the new Discovery 5.  8)  It's a beast and I was surprised to find that it's bigger than a full fat Rangie!  :o  The 4 pot 2 litre dumper truck engine produces a similar power to the D4's 3 litre TDV6, but most importantly these days with lower emissions!  :y  It makes my D3 look very old fashioned, but I wouldn't want to park it in my local Tescos, so I'd have to pop into the Mini dealership for a Tesco's car with the change from the D5 on the way home!  :)

The salesmen and receptionists were all very friendly, answered my questions and let me wander around and get in and poke around all the models in the showroom.  When I explained that I was just browsing they took me at my word that I didn't have £70,000 burning a hole in my pocket and pretty much left me alone, especially when I told one guy that I have a D3!  ;D 

Compare that to a Chevy dealership I visited in Houston a few years ago, hoping to blag a test drive in a Chevy Silverado.  :)  Despite me explaining that I was on holiday and just having a look, the sales guy wouldn't let me go and clearly didn't believe me!  All buyers are liars as the old saying goes!  ;)  Didn't get my test drive though...  :(
« Last Edit: 10 January 2018, 17:11:01 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 January 2018, 17:12:42 »

As I was passing I popped into the local Land Rover dealership to have a quick looky see at the new Discovery 5.  8)  It's a beast and I was surprised to find that it's bigger than a full fat Rangie!  :o  The 4 pot 2 litre dumper truck engine produces a similar power to the D4's 3 litre TDV6, but most importantly these days with lower emissions!  :y  It makes my D3 look very old fashioned, but I wouldn't want to park it in my local Tescos, so I'd have to pop into the Mini dealership for a Tesco's car with the change from the D5 on the way home!  :)

The salesmen and receptionists were all very friendly, answered my questions and let me wander around and get in and poke  all the models in the showroom.  When I explained that I was just browsing they took me at my word that I didn't have £70,000 burning a hole in my pocket and pretty much left me alone, especially when I told one guy that I have a D3!  ;D 

Compare that to a Chevy dealership I visited in Houston a few years ago, hoping to blag a test drive in a Chevy Silverado.  :)  Despite me explaining that I was on holiday and just having a look, the sales guy wouldn't let me go and clearly didn't believe me!  All buyers are liars as the old saying goes!  ;)  Didn't get my test drive though...  :(

Full sex?

That is jolly decent of both the dealership and the girls. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 January 2018, 17:16:55 »

The salesmen and receptionists were all very friendly, answered my questions and let me wander around and get in and poke  all the models in the showroom.  When I explained that I was just browsing they took me at my word that I didn't have £70,000 burning a hole in my pocket and pretty much left me alone, especially when I told one guy that I have a D3!  ;D 

Full sex?

There may have been a couple in there that were employed for their appearance rather than anything else....  ;)

I doubt they's want to mess up the Alpaca leather upholstery though.  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 January 2018, 17:55:26 »

Full sex?

This is the sort of thing you have to cope with when you pull up in a Marina TCoupe, clearly. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 January 2018, 18:49:59 »

Full sex?

This is the sort of thing you have to cope with when you pull up in a Marina TCoupe, clearly. ;D

Yes it's tough, but a cross I have to bear!  :y  ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.