Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Invitation  (Read 5194 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Invitation
« on: 11 November 2020, 09:19:20 »

Just had a card from our local LR dealership inviting to test drive the new Defender, got to have a go but would I spend £30,000+ on one ? No way on earth , only bought odds & sods from them over the last few months must be desperate for sales.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2020, 10:02:33 »

I like the look of the new Defender and starting to see a few about now, so I expect it will be a winner for Land Rover.  :y

I've never been convinced by the Discovery 5 though, and don't see many of those around.  :-\

Enjoy your test drive Mick!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2020, 10:26:13 »

I haven't seen any " in the flesh" over on the LR forum some new owners say that they're great  & one or two very disappointed due to bits falling off & one broke down after only a couple of hundred miles, I will book a drive & then show interest in the SVR hoping for a drive in one, that's the only other RR I would like but not at the new price 3 or 4 years down the road maybe.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2020, 11:07:45 »

About the same as an other Land Rover product then :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2020, 11:41:51 »

I haven't seen any " in the flesh" over on the LR forum some new owners say that they're great  & one or two very disappointed due to bits falling off & one broke down after only a couple of hundred miles, I will book a drive & then show interest in the SVR hoping for a drive in one, that's the only other RR I would like but not at the new price 3 or 4 years down the road maybe.

I have put a few k miles on them  in various trim.

I really like them, somehow they still have some old Defender feel to them yet perform and drive like a modern car.

No SV version planned, there is a V8 doing the rounds though.

Price wise, they are no more expensive than their predecessor and are selling very well.

The biggest issue we currently have is the dealer fit accessories (snorkel, side steps etc).....(plus its fully SOTA so regular software updates getting pushed)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2020, 12:20:13 »

I have put a few k miles on them  in various trim.

I really like them, somehow they still have some old Defender feel to them yet perform and drive like a modern car.

No SV version planned, there is a V8 doing the rounds though.

Price wise, they are no more expensive than their predecessor and are selling very well.

The biggest issue we currently have is the dealer fit accessories (snorkel, side steps etc).....(plus its fully SOTA so regular software updates getting pushed)

Drove Defenders in various guises when serving, they stood up to everything back then, a bit different now I suspect but like virtually all vehicles you can get good or bad .

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2020, 13:42:42 »

The new one is more capable than the old one, it does seem odd to be doing 120mph on the track in a Defender whilst having a conversation  :y :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2020, 13:51:55 »

The new one is more capable than the old one, it does seem odd to be doing 120mph on the track in a Defender whilst having a conversation  :y :y

That's hard to believe , some of the rides I've had in them you couldn't even think straight let alone talk to each other 😂

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2020, 14:08:23 »

I assume here you describe a tarmac test track ... and not a track across the Plain !! 

20mph on some of those rattles your teeth that much speech is impossible, 120mph and bits would be flying off everywhere !!
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 14:21:03 by Entwood »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2020, 14:20:12 »

Handy if you live next to an autobahn then. ::)
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2020, 14:44:38 »

Handy if you live next to an autobahn then. ::)

Maybe Mr DTM was talking about those pop up autobahns that appear from time to time.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2020, 15:22:59 »

I can't see the new defender being very squadie friendly, or being converted to pinke spec. Let alone being hoofed out the back of a c130, landing with a whummp and being thrashed within an inch of its life..
Hoof'land storeman.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2020, 15:27:50 »

I can't see the new defender being very squadie friendly, or being converted to pinke spec. Let alone being hoofed out the back of a c130, landing with a whummp and being thrashed within an inch of its life..

Neither do I, seen one rolled umpteen times restarted and driven into the hills parked up as if it was the norm.☺️

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2020, 15:37:34 »

I just don't get them. People who buy them have no intention of going anywhere near a muddy field. They look a bit silly and they're really no more than a status symbol.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2020, 16:14:55 »

I just don't get them. People who buy them have no intention of going anywhere near a muddy field. They look a bit silly and they're really no more than a status symbol.

I've had various 4x4s since 1987 mainly because of where we've lived and because of the journey to places of work, now I am retired I don't really need one apart from towing the caravan because of its size, but when we change it for a smaller one I'll get shot of the RR but I enjoy driving it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.