Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre choice for the Omega  (Read 30276 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Tyre choice for the Omega
« Reply #75 on: 07 August 2013, 12:47:29 »

we where doing so well

No change there then. ::)

yep.. agreed.. until you start provocation as usual..

and seems really no change.. ::)

Always in response to arrogant bs cem. This fact escapes you, always. And who decides what is provocation? You?

Ultimately responses here should be first hand experience or we all disapear up our own rear end. Bar room rumours and hear say passed on as gospel truth have caused members here so much unnecessary cost and effort!

Posting links from the web to Prove a point as beyond doubt is utterly pointless and IMO, merely proves the poster of such links is operating as far from first hand experience as its possible to get.

Its presumptious, and does nothing for the posters, and the forums credibility.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 12:49:41 by chrisgixer »

chrisgixer

« Reply #76 on: 07 August 2013, 12:51:07 »

Further, dbdb has gone put of his way to prove himself a Jedi master. I'm sure he'll post a link to prove the point soon. ;) ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #77 on: 07 August 2013, 13:01:00 »

I'll keep it simple

Have now been using 235/45R17 Pirelli P7 Cint 97W XL (£600) tyres all round since buying my new Omega and found them to be excellent, holding the car at speed like a rocket on rails, whilst lovely and quiet at lower speeds :y :y

For me a simple choice as I love Pirelli :-* :-* :y :y :y 

chrisgixer

« Reply #78 on: 07 August 2013, 13:05:16 »

I'll keep it simple

Have now been using 235/45R17 Pirelli P7 Cint 97W XL (£600) tyres all round since buying my new Omega and found them to be excellent, holding the car at speed like a rocket on rails, whilst lovely and quiet at lower speeds :y :y

How many miles on them Lizzie? :)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #79 on: 07 August 2013, 13:10:52 »

I'll keep it simple

How many miles on them Lizzie? :)

300 so far, but they measure up to anything I have fitted before, and exceeded expectations to date.  I know at 1,000 then 3,000 miles a true assessment can start be made, but I know already these tyres are good. They feel the business already, with great holding in grip, in the wet as well, with smooth 'adhesive' type hold at speed on corners, even better than the Pirelli PZero Rosso 235/45 ZR 17 I had before at this mileage. Definitely different characteristics :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07 August 2013, 13:20:36 »

I've now eaten all the peanuts, but will be back later with some crisps to continue 'enjoying' this thread. ::) ::) ::)

Bah! Popcorn is what we need.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 07 August 2013, 14:23:13 »

I'll keep it simple

But.............£150 a corner? The Enduros were £50 on line, £60 fitted, and ride well if noisy, I don't think I can justify an extra £360. Incidentally the last Pirellis I had were Cinturatos on a MK11 Zepyr, good tyres as I recall. :y :y :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #82 on: 07 August 2013, 14:30:25 »

I'll keep it simple

But.............£150 a corner? The Enduros were £50 on line, £60 fitted, and ride well if noisy, I don't think I can justify an extra £360. Incidentally the last Pirellis I had were Cinturatos on a MK11 Zepyr, good tyres as I recall. :y :y :y

But I have always run with the principle of you only get what you pay for.  To me it is not only great value for premium tyres, but gives me a feeling of security and peace of mind.  For me that is priceless. 

In business I was used to having the best premium tyres fitted, and I am not going to change that habit! :D :D :D :D ;) ;) :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 07 August 2013, 14:38:12 »

I'll keep it simple

But I have always run with the principle of you only get what you pay for.  To me it is not only great value for premium tyres, but gives me a feeling of security and peace of mind.  For me that is priceless. 

In business I was used to having the best premium tyres fitted, and I am not going to change that habit! :D :D :D :D ;) ;) :y

+1 I'm like that when possibly when funds allow.. Buy cheap buy twice, Been true that saying may times when I've bought the cheaper alternative  :y

But when funds are tight decisions need to be made, Either keep better brand used tyres which could go at anytime or buy new whatever the brand should be safer.

05omegav6

« Reply #84 on: 07 August 2013, 15:07:31 »

The Runway Enduro 916 is much less of a compromise choice than the price suggests :y

Hopefully the 926 will perform just as well...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 07 August 2013, 15:10:19 »

I'll keep it simple

Agreed. I'm running Enduros and you can't beat them for value. To dismiss them purely because they are cheap goes against the whole point of sharing real world opinions of tyres here. I wouldn't have bought them ordinarily. Had they not been recommended on here I'd have paid a lot more for about the same level of grip (and a little less noise).  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #86 on: 07 August 2013, 16:07:02 »

we where doing so well

No change there then. ::)

yep.. agreed.. until you start provocation as usual..

and seems really no change.. ::)

Always in response to arrogant bs cem. This fact escapes you, always. And who decides what is provocation? You?

Ultimately responses here should be first hand experience or we all disapear up our own rear end. Bar room rumours and hear say passed on as gospel truth have caused members here so much unnecessary cost and effort!

Posting links from the web to Prove a point as beyond doubt is utterly pointless and IMO, merely proves the poster of such links is operating as far from first hand experience as its possible to get.

Its presumptious, and does nothing for the posters, and the forums credibility.

its a universal fact that most important  thing when you are talking is your style whatever you say/claim even bs.. 
being arrogant is a perfect fit definition to criticize someone and claiming that he/she didnt learn anything.. :(

who gives you that right ?  ???

even if we assume you are a professor in that subject (clearly you are not!) this doesnt give you the right to talk like that..
and as for provocation, you could tell your opinion and take your corner but thats not enough for you.. you want action ;D

but please keep in mind everyone is not the same..

05omegav6

« Reply #87 on: 07 August 2013, 17:17:56 »

I'm sorry :o

I thought this was a tyre thread.... Not a personalised pissing contest ::)

bago

• Leicester
    • face lift 2.5 Elite bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07 August 2013, 17:24:55 »

I'm sorry :o

I thought this was a tyre thread.... Not a personalised pissing contest ::)

I can write my name if its a contest  in Italics   ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 07 August 2013, 18:57:31 »

Lets get back to facts, please. Personal slagging off achieves 3 parts of F all, and is corrosive to OOF. Don't know (or care) who started it and when, it must stop  >:(.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.