Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Omega Replacement conundrum.  (Read 61346 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: The Omega Replacement conundrum.
« Reply #75 on: 12 August 2016, 12:29:41 »

I do like the classic Mercs, W126 would be nice, big comfy cruiser. Straight 6 engines look nice and easy to work on.

Insurance being such an issue I might have to get MrsT something smaller and I keep the 3.2 for my own use, as it's surprisingly cheap insurance wise, well at least it was last year.

Transfer the LPG kit over to the 3.2 and you have your commuting car. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 12 August 2016, 12:52:37 »

I do like the classic Mercs, W126 would be nice, big comfy cruiser. Straight 6 engines look nice and easy to work on.

Insurance being such an issue I might have to get MrsT something smaller and I keep the 3.2 for my own use, as it's surprisingly cheap insurance wise, well at least it was last year.

LPG kit next to useless for the 3.2, only good for a 4 banger. ECU 4 pot, single hole multi-valve tank :'(

That said if I get a new 2.2, I'd swap the kit over, with just a newer tank which sits flush with the back.

But for the cost of a new clean 2.2, I could buy LPG kit for the 3.2

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12 August 2016, 13:44:22 »

Your LPG kit will pretty much bolt onto any 4 pot GM product...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12 August 2016, 13:47:55 »

LPG kit next to useless for the 3.2, only good for a 4 banger. ECU 4 pot, single hole multi-valve tank :'(

That said if I get a new 2.2, I'd swap the kit over, with just a newer tank which sits flush with the back.

The ECUs actually all support up to 8 pots, assuming it's a Stag 300. You just need a few extra wires in the loom. Injectors will be tired any way by now. With your famous "driving style", would you find the limitations of a single hole tank?  :P
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12 August 2016, 13:50:17 »

Nothing else really appeals, Astra/Vectra. If I was going to swap it over, be onto a 2.2 Sport. eg something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Vauxhall-Opel-Omega-2-2i-16v-Sport-Automatic-carlton-senator-/252495536681?hash=item3ac9e82229:g:EigAAOSw0RpXlfTm

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12 August 2016, 13:51:08 »

The ECUs actually all support up to 8 pots, assuming it's a Stag 300. You just need a few extra wires in the loom. Injectors will be tired any way by now. With your famous "driving style", would you find the limitations of a single hole tank?  :P

Oh really?  :-\

I was under the impression my ECU would not cope with 6? *digs around to find my original LPG kit info.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12 August 2016, 13:52:19 »

The student is right... His kit wouldn't fit the 3.2  ;) And it's only marginally suitable for the 2.2... A good spanking (a real one, not a Tunnie one :-X ::)) will highlight the underrated vaporiser within minutes ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 12 August 2016, 13:53:15 »

I was under the impression my ECU would not cope with 6? *digs around to find my original LPG kit info.

The ECU won't, neither will the loom, injectors and certainly not the vap ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 12 August 2016, 13:53:56 »

[/quote]

I think they did do a 4 pot only ECU, but guessing yours was from Teilo like the rest of ours, and I believe he only supplied the 300 / 300 Plus/Extra, etc.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 12 August 2016, 14:01:10 »

No, mine was eBay, just checked. Stag4 ECU so won't do 6 pots.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12 August 2016, 14:21:56 »

I'd need something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAG-300-6-AUTOGAS-SEQUENTIAL-INJECTION-LPG-6-CYLINDER-KIT-W-VALTEK-INJECTORS-/290803454725?hash=item43b53c9305:m:m7BZu-v5o3VOZg3B4E6N6Ew

OMVL injectors tad more in another kit.

Plus the rear end kit, guess I could re-use the tank frame and straps. But I'd need a new 80L tank and filler valve.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12 August 2016, 14:28:44 »

Bad luck on the ECU. :(

IIRC Jaime used a decent single hole valve on the bullet with no problems. Tank might well be getting close to 10 years now anyway, if you wanted to get it certified.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12 August 2016, 14:35:32 »

System fitted 6 years ago, although would need to check age on tank itself. I ordered an 80L but gave me a 90L from Tinley Tech, problem was it never went fully back against back seats. I'd prob invest in a new 80L tank if I did go LPG route.

I've struggled to get time with little fatty, the 3.2 is well over-due it's cambelt. So doubt we can find time to LPG it, even if we did any niggles I'd need his help and I just don't have the time to do 75 mile run to his. Even when I do, he is busy himself, so can't really see it working.

Now looking at S60 Auto Diesels, cheap enough (sub £1.5k) and will give me a test to see what DERV is like on my commute.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 12 August 2016, 17:06:29 »

Volvo. Auto. Diesel. About the worst combination, as just about all the advice on here has testified.

;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 12 August 2016, 17:23:30 »

Nothing else really appeals, Astra/Vectra. If I was going to swap it over, be onto a 2.2 Sport. eg something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Vauxhall-Opel-Omega-2-2i-16v-Sport-Automatic-carlton-senator-/252495536681?hash=item3ac9e82229:g:EigAAOSw0RpXlfTm

Almost £1500 for a 2.2 Omega. A sense of humour is a wonderful thing. ::) ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.