Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG kit prices  (Read 20537 times)

feeutfo

Re: LPG kit prices
« Reply #60 on: 14 January 2011, 21:51:55 »

Also just remembered, he needs to alter the kit contents slightly, the t's for coolant plumbing need to be Elbows instead, and the polly pope needs to be about 3 meters longer for wheel well instalatations, ESP of filler is behind number plate. Minor points though.

aaronjb

« Reply #61 on: 14 January 2011, 21:57:36 »

Depending on price I could be interested, as well, actually - with a donut to replace the spare.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #62 on: 14 January 2011, 22:01:15 »

may be useful for someone..

http://top-pdf.com/manual-brc-lpg.html

feeutfo

« Reply #63 on: 14 January 2011, 22:06:59 »

Depending on price I could be interested, as well, actually - with a donut to replace the spare.
Estate or saloon? Very different tank for upright saloon or laid flat for estate. Mine is a saloon as LD probably knows... Just being belt and brasses.  :)

aaronjb

« Reply #64 on: 14 January 2011, 22:13:40 »

Estate or saloon? Very different tank for upright saloon or laid flat for estate. Mine is a saloon as LD probably knows... Just being belt and brasses.  :)

Aha - estate :) and I'd rather lose the spare than lose boot space (which is why I bought the car in the first place) - hence thinking about a toroidal tank rather than a .. tank tank .. to go under the boot floor.

Assuming you can get a thin enough toroidal (I guess in a saloon thickness isn't an issue)
« Last Edit: 14 January 2011, 22:14:15 by aaronjb »

feeutfo

« Reply #65 on: 14 January 2011, 22:21:11 »

Aha - estate :) and I'd rather lose the spare than lose boot space (which is why I bought the car in the first place) - hence thinking about a toroidal tank rather than a .. tank tank .. to go under the boot floor.

Assuming you can get a thin enough toroidal (I guess in a saloon thickness isn't an issue)
Aha indeed, LD will be your friend there, but I believe it may involve raising the boot floor to get decent range.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 14 January 2011, 22:30:32 »

Also just remembered, he needs to alter the kit contents slightly, the t's for coolant plumbing need to be Elbows instead, and the polly pope needs to be about 3 meters longer for wheel well instalatations, ESP of filler is behind number plate. Minor points though.

I think the kit now comes with T's and Elbows after our previous advice. "Polly pope"? Assume you mean you want an extra 3m of Polyflex? :-? Guessing you're on the phone at the moment? ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

aaronjb

« Reply #67 on: 14 January 2011, 22:30:36 »

Aha indeed, LD will be your friend there, but I believe it may involve raising the boot floor to get decent range.

For my day-to-day commute a couple of hundred miles is alright (ditto for my usual long distance bit down to my folks) - it turns out there's a BP with LPG two minutes from my house and a Total two minutes from the office :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 14 January 2011, 22:31:38 »

Hmm... Just thinking out loud here but I don't have the same problems contacting him that others do (as I have another couple of personal numbers for him ;)), is it worth me trying to get in touch with him next week and getting some prices?

What tank options are we looking at?

I don't understand his problem. He should know by now that with OOF members it's a case of putting the bits in a box and posting them, then cashing the cheque. He can't have many customers who are this easy to deal with.

Aha - estate Smiley and I'd rather lose the spare than lose boot space (which is why I bought the car in the first place) - hence thinking about a toroidal tank rather than a .. tank tank .. to go under the boot floor.

My current thoughts on estates is to get a 4 hole filled-in toroidal and cut a hole in the wheel well for the valves.

Using a normal toroidal, you lose the capacity in the hole in the middle of the doughnut and you then need sufficient space between the petrol tank and the bottom of the wheel well to route the pipes out - which isn't really there, TBH, especially if you're going to be COP compliant and not have the vent exiting onto the fuel tank. ::)

Other option is to space the tank up to allow routing of pipes which means you need to raise the boot floor as well. Even without spacing the tank upwards you can only go for a pretty small tank before raising the boot floor. (tying to remember which one we put in Marie's estate).

Either way, will need a bit of planning.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #69 on: 14 January 2011, 22:36:41 »

For my day-to-day commute a couple of hundred miles is alright (ditto for my usual long distance bit down to my folks) - it turns out there's a BP with LPG two minutes from my house and a Total two minutes from the office :)
That definitely helps. 60 litre on gay omega gave between 180 and 230 miles on a commute depending on mood. Almost 270 on a run up to Cumbria once, believe it or not.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 14 January 2011, 22:37:08 »

Right... Chris, what size vertical tank did you have last time? I reckon it's ambitious to try and get a 70L one in :-/ Has the new beast got Bose? I would actually recommend a 80L cylinder as it mounts better but if you want the biggest possible a 90L will fit (as you know because mine is ;)) or even a 100L will go in. However, the 100L does have to sit slightly back from the seats and is tight.

Aaron, estate options depend on what you're after. ISTR from my earlier research that raising the floor by approx 40mm gets a tank large enough for around a 300 mile range, failing that you're probably looking at about 210 or so.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 14 January 2011, 22:45:25 »

I don't understand his problem. He should know by now that with OOF members it's a case of putting the bits in a box and posting them, then cashing the cheque. He can't have many customers who are this easy to deal with.

Indeed... TBH, as I have told him in the past, his answering service is shite and he's useless with email ::) ::) I'm considering acting as a go between for OOF and him, possibly as a one off, possibly for longer :-/

My current thoughts on estates is to get a 4 hole filled-in toroidal and cut a hole in the wheel well for the valves.

Using a normal toroidal, you lose the capacity in the hole in the middle of the doughnut and you then need sufficient space between the petrol tank and the bottom of the wheel well to route the pipes out - which isn't really there, TBH, especially if you're going to be COP compliant and not have the vent exiting onto the fuel tank. ::)

Other option is to space the tank up to allow routing of pipes which means you need to raise the boot floor as well. Even without spacing the tank upwards you can only go for a pretty small tank before raising the boot floor. (tying to remember which one we put in Marie's estate).

Kevin

This is something I looked into long and hard (as you know) and it looks like you can fit a 4-hole full toroidal in the well with the gas-tight box at the top (these are available) and towards the rear of the car (as there's plenty of space) meaning that the vents will exit rear of the petrol tank, pretty much behind the bumper. :-/

aaronjb

« Reply #72 on: 14 January 2011, 22:46:09 »

Cheers LD & Chris :) I get about 280, tops, on a tank of petrol on my regular commute so it's not like I'm dropping from starship ranges to nothing, even if it goes down to ~200 miles on a tank.

Saywhowhatnow? Apparently I have some reading up to do on what's a permissible install eh :)

That's what I pay you guys for! What's that? I don't pay you? Oh.  ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 14 January 2011, 22:49:15 »

Cheers LD & Chris :) I get about 280, tops, on a tank of petrol on my regular commute so it's not like I'm dropping from starship ranges to nothing, even if it goes down to ~200 miles on a tank.

If you're looking at 280 tops from a full petrol tank then I'd say that with no adjustments to the boot floor height your range will be a little over half that ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #74 on: 14 January 2011, 23:17:40 »

Right... Chris, what size vertical tank did you have last time? I reckon it's ambitious to try and get a 70L one in :-/ Has the new beast got Bose? I would actually recommend a 80L cylinder as it mounts better but if you want the biggest possible a 90L will fit (as you know because mine is ;)) or even a 100L will go in. However, the 100L does have to sit slightly back from the seats and is tight.
60litre, can't remember the dimensions, iirc 70 might just fit in the space by measuring, but it's going to be a case of getting hands on one to see if it will foul the boot roof inside the wing before dropping down and in to the well. Also there may be some solid/no hole in the middle options in upright form from what I have seen. Valve sits on the outside.....?

I'll have a google.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.