Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 47245 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2017, 12:37:27 »

Liebour have said they will support GE vote, so will get 2/3 majority to pass act to overrule fixed term.

It is a brave, bold and understandable decision. It will give her a mandate (unlike Gordon McRuin in similar circumstances). Recent poll shows that 55% now support #Brexit. It is a window of opportunity to get a strong mandate before detailed EU negotiations start and means that #Brexit will be well past and implemented before she needs to go to the country again.

I personally think the Tories will do better than in last GE, especially in Scotland at the expense of Liebour and Jimmy Krankie's SNP whose popularity has been falling.

IMO Liebour will lose lots of seats and the FibDims will gain a few and the Green Fantasist party may double in size to two MP's. I also think Douglas Carswell will win as an Independent at UBrick's expense. I can't see UBrick doing very well after their recent North of England by-election results.

Going to be an interesting 7 weeks (not) for TV addicts. I happy to say I won't have to endure 7 weeks on GE TV coverage, where I no longer bore myself stupid by watching TV. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2017, 12:57:57 »

I also think the Limpdems will gain some seats at Labours expense. The SNP Im not sure about tbh, but I hope wee Jimmy gets a kicking.
I suspect Carswell could be in for a shock, but that may be just wishful thinking on my part. I find him loathsome.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2017, 12:58:25 »

Hope for tory landslide, genuinely afraid that Corbyn could get anywhere near power.

My predication:

1. Torys with good majority.
2. Possible Lib Dems second, due to protest votes against Labour.
3. Labour distant 3rd.

Possible that Labour could loose official opposition status? That would be the icing on the cake! 

Without Scotland, I don't think Labour has any chance (hopefully) of getting any kind of traction.

STEMO

Re: So it's a general election...
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2017, 13:00:45 »

You know, Theresa May could get a right kicking here. If all the people who didn't bother voting in the referendum, because they thought remain was a forgone conclusion, now turn out to try to keep us in, and all the benefit claimants who have had enough of cuts, and all the educationalists who are fuming over cuts and grammar schools, and all the doctors and nurses who think the NHS is broken turn out in force...well. :-\
She is taking a big risk.

The only (big) parties that have publically stated they'll try and keep us in the EU are the Lib-Dems and the SNP. So will enough people vote Lib-Deb & SNP to create a hung parliament? And even if they do, will the EU courts rule that Art50 is reversible?

Can't see this being good news for Labour though. I suspect they'll get the smallest vote for ages.

Also interesting what Teresa May thinks is going to happen wrt the Fixed term parliament act.
On the balance of probabilities, Labour could be annihilated. If they changed their minds and campaigned on the platform of remaining in the EU, they just might get a lot more votes. Unlikely, maybe, but better than being wiped out, surely?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2017, 13:01:20 »

I doubt Labour will lose badly enough to lose official opposition status, but I'm sure they will get the worst hiding they have ever had.
Corbyn will never ever get a sniff of real power unless the only votes which count are those cast on University campuses.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 April 2017, 13:02:44 »

I have never voted Tory but Corbyn is too much of a 'leftie' even for me.

I voted to 'remain' but that is already done and dusted (I think) so I won't vote on that basis.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2017, 13:04:09 »

I have never voted Tory but Corbyn is too much of a 'leftie' even for me.

I voted to 'remain' but that is already done and dusted (I think) so I won't vote on that basis.

Suggesting that you will do so?

About time you updated your avatar then!  :D

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 18 April 2017, 13:04:26 »

None of this really matters to me, because of where I live.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
Re: So it's a general election...
« Reply #23 on: 18 April 2017, 13:06:34 »

You know, Theresa May could get a right kicking here. If all the people who didn't bother voting in the referendum, because they thought remain was a forgone conclusion, now turn out to try to keep us in, and all the benefit claimants who have had enough of cuts, and all the educationalists who are fuming over cuts and grammar schools, and all the doctors and nurses who think the NHS is broken turn out in force...well. :-\
She is taking a big risk.

The only (big) parties that have publically stated they'll try and keep us in the EU are the Lib-Dems and the SNP. So will enough people vote Lib-Deb & SNP to create a hung parliament? And even if they do, will the EU courts rule that Art50 is reversible?

Can't see this being good news for Labour though. I suspect they'll get the smallest vote for ages.

Also interesting what Teresa May thinks is going to happen wrt the Fixed term parliament act.
On the balance of probabilities, Labour could be annihilated. If they changed their minds and campaigned on the platform of remaining in the EU, they just might get a lot more votes. Unlikely, maybe, but better than being wiped out, surely?

The problem with that is that Corbyn doesn't believe we should be in the EU. That is well known and he would be adding hypocritical opportunist to the long list of reasons why he shouldn't be trusted with peoples votes.
His lifelong support of the IRA and Hamas mean that no rational grown up will vote for him in any case. The Tories will constantly remind everyone of these things over the next 7 weeks.  ;)
As for the educationalists and NHS devotees, I suspect the steam will be taken out of their argument, by substantial increases in funding being part of the Tory manifesto at the expense of foreign aid.
If they don't take that route they will be missing the most obvious vote winning trick they have at the moment.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 April 2017, 13:07:55 »

Nor me. The Tory vote is more than double the total opposition vote

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2017, 13:08:15 »

No rational grown up was supposed to vote leave.....according to the remainers. I think everything is up for grabs.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2017, 13:09:20 »

Yeah no one really gives a sh*t what happens up there  :P  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2017, 13:09:51 »

Nor me. The Tory vote is more than double the total opposition vote
Even the ex miners I speak to admit that if you paraded a donkey wearing a red rosette it would get voted in.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 April 2017, 13:10:32 »

But the remainers weren't rational...........according to the leavers.  :D
I would bet good money that the Tories win a huge majority.  ;)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 18 April 2017, 13:11:39 »

Yeah no one really gives a sh*t what happens up there  :P  ;D
Shouldn't you be waiting for Murdock to tell you what you think before speaking?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.