Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 47259 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #60 on: 18 April 2017, 19:00:27 »

Round here it would take something of a seismic change in voting patterns for Labour not to win the seat.Personally I've never been a fan of the Tories,but really at present I see no credible alternative.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 18 April 2017, 19:03:09 »

. . . .  so IMO the parties that embrace targeted social media campaigning the best will punch above their weight. ??? ??? ???

Which parties will get the Putin hacking, trolling and conspiracy disinformation fake news websites boost? As Liebour under Corbyn and UBrick are admirers they must be the leading candidates. ::) ::) ::)

I'm sure MI5/MI6 and GCHQ will be much more on the ball with arsebook and shitter being forced to filter out and take down fake news much more effectively than they did in 2016.

Probably right unfortunately. I know that some of the left wing anti-Brexit stuff that's being peddled is downright bizarre. But, it gets reposted etc, so it works.  >:(

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 April 2017, 20:15:10 »

Tell a lie often enough....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lincs Robert

« Reply #63 on: 18 April 2017, 20:47:29 »

None of this really matters to me, because of where I live.  ::)

Yeah no one really gives a sh*t what happens up there  :P  ;D
Shouldn't you be waiting for Murdock to tell you what you think before speaking?

Nope  :P

He only owns 39% for now at least, personally, I wish it would happen quicker. I stand to do quite well out of the sale  :D
Shares can go down, as well as up, and I would think you'll be required to hang on to them for a time.

That's not always the case. I was working for an O2 subsidiary when Telefonica came along. They underwrote future profits on the employee share save scheme - despite there being 4 years to go before the scheme finished. Needless to say lots of people ended up paying capital gains tax.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18 April 2017, 20:55:55 »

None of this really matters to me, because of where I live.  ::)

Yeah no one really gives a sh*t what happens up there  :P  ;D
Shouldn't you be waiting for Murdock to tell you what you think before speaking?

Nope  :P

He only owns 39% for now at least, personally, I wish it would happen quicker. I stand to do quite well out of the sale  :D
Shares can go down, as well as up, and I would think you'll be required to hang on to them for a time.

Nope.  :)

All sold on completion at £10.75 a share, savings already built up will not be liable for tax. But scheme I entered into last year, which started this Feb for 3 years I will be bought out at £10.75 a share, I will be paid the gain I would have achieved over the 3 years. But this will be liable for tax sadly, but still it's a good deal.

Given my share purchase prices range from £5 to £7 a share, it's not all bad.  :)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19 April 2017, 03:33:47 »

So I see that No 10 has said that Theresa May won't be taking part in the live TV debates that have been held ahead of recent election/referendums etc.

Although Corbyn has already accused her of dodging, I'll bet that he's quietly relieved. I've always thought that the only people who do well out of these are the TV companies. They are more about who is the best performer than who actually has a stronger case. If we want a performer to run the country the we just elect whoever has the most Oscars. Having said that, historically good performers and orators have always featured prominently as politicians. Winston Churchill was of course one of our greatest PMs and a great orator, but then again Tony Bliar was also an excellent speaker/performer  ???

I for one am happy for there NOT to be live TV debates, they are just about spectacle not policy.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lincs Robert

« Reply #66 on: 19 April 2017, 06:40:37 »

So I see that No 10 has said that Theresa May won't be taking part in the live TV debates that have been held ahead of recent election/referendums etc.

Although Corbyn has already accused her of dodging, I'll bet that he's quietly relieved. I've always thought that the only people who do well out of these are the TV companies. They are more about who is the best performer than who actually has a stronger case. If we want a performer to run the country the we just elect whoever has the most Oscars. Having said that, historically good performers and orators have always featured prominently as politicians. Winston Churchill was of course one of our greatest PMs and a great orator, but then again Tony Bliar was also an excellent speaker/performer  ???

I for one am happy for there NOT to be live TV debates, they are just about spectacle not policy.

+ 1

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 April 2017, 11:57:38 »

I'm happy for there to be absolutely no media coverage at all. Afterall, none of its useful, due to bias.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 April 2017, 12:08:24 »

They may well hold the TV debates without her, which might damage her to some extent, but I think she is in a position where she cant lose.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 April 2017, 13:14:37 »

I'm happy for there to be absolutely no media coverage at all. Afterall, none of its useful, due to bias.

That's just not true. The Dail Mail is completely impartial and unbiased  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19 April 2017, 19:36:25 »

But only once you have wiped your arse with it ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 19 April 2017, 22:02:10 »

But only once you have wiped while you are wiping your arse with it ;)
FTFY. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 19 April 2017, 22:48:40 »

Ken Clarke is up for a bit, maybe Tessy has that certain appeal to older men   :-\

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 19 April 2017, 23:06:23 »

Posh bird like that  :-* .............."we need to be quiet, my hubby might hear us"
« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 23:15:59 by 78bex »

STEMO

« Reply #74 on: 22 April 2017, 07:35:13 »

So......the tories want to ditch the triple lock on pensions and have the option to increase taxes. Two(so far) meaningful changes to their manifesto.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.