Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Holibobs  (Read 2881 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Holibobs
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2017, 11:38:29 »

No we were stuck in an ever increasing rat race spiral. Both getting home late, working seven days a week. Probably would have been dead by now if we had continued. Too conscientious. So we are living the dream. Been tough at times but very rewarding. I wouldnt swap but one day we are going to have to compromise and live somewhere smaller and nearer the doctors and hospital.! Back in the  seventies i saw no end of people retire on good pensions only to die within a few weeks. I vowed then not to be one of them. I will let you know!

Sounds like a great alternative lifestyle, but I agree very hard work! I hope one day my wide and I are brave enough to take a similar step. Turning a crumbling chateau into an upmarket B&B is a very appealing (although undoubtedly well trodden) path.

Varche's being very modest. He really does live in paradise. :y

Really not sure how those Pink crocs got there. :-[
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2017, 12:04:20 »

No we were stuck in an ever increasing rat race spiral. Both getting home late, working seven days a week. Probably would have been dead by now if we had continued. Too conscientious. So we are living the dream. Been tough at times but very rewarding. I wouldnt swap but one day we are going to have to compromise and live somewhere smaller and nearer the doctors and hospital.! Back in the  seventies i saw no end of people retire on good pensions only to die within a few weeks. I vowed then not to be one of them. I will let you know!

Sounds like a great alternative lifestyle, but I agree very hard work! I hope one day my wide and I are brave enough to take a similar step. Turning a crumbling chateau into an upmarket B&B is a very appealing (although undoubtedly well trodden) path.
If your missus reads this you might have some explaining to do. Watch for flying laptops, a la Opti. ;D ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2017, 12:35:21 »

If your missus reads this you might have some explaining to do. Watch for flying laptops, a la Opti. ;D ;D ;D
Read that and did think it might be a lonely path...
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2017, 13:14:52 »

Are those pink crocs still hostage? Or just holidaying around the globe?
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2017, 16:15:22 »

Pink crocs? Now there is a thing.  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2017, 16:21:56 »

Well having a great time. Yesterday was nine hours on the road  including stops. Quite like the car handles well even with a ton of luggage on board. Averaged 99 km hour .  Had to fill up just before arriving . That was a bit of a shock. I will have to see what the mpg is.

Valencia city is very nice and laid back.have had a good wander around today in glorious sundhine. The walkway down the old riverbed was great.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2017, 16:48:56 »

Ha! rather auto-correct. Yes, would get my a$$ well and truly handed to me. Especially as it's me who could lose a stone or 2 (or 5!).

Enjoy the city Varche! I've only ever been through work, but it seemed like a really great city!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2017, 09:02:07 »

Are those pink crocs still hostage? Or just holidaying around the globe?

:-X ::) ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2017, 17:45:18 »

Yep enjoying the city. Re routing the river and using the resultant dried up river bed for parks, football pitches and events is inspired.

Used the metro yesterday. Wont be again. Wheelchair access seems fine. Each station has one lift for each platform. Arrived at our destination station only to find lift was out of order! The solution was to go to next station which was a colossal distance away from our hotel , specially after a long day. Spain has come a long way in twenty years for disabled access but still has a way to go. Our hotel cafeteria /bar has a flight of steps ;D

Been out exploring the rice growing area today. Fantastic for ornithologists. :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2017, 19:16:30 »

6.6 litres per 100km !  Motorway driving but laden. I make that about 43mpg. Better having a 2.0 passat auto? I am sure we got over 60mpg from hire car in Uk.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2017, 19:19:36 »

Alot of weight for the 1.6 to shift, especially with the stupid gearbox...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2017, 22:10:10 »

I quite like the autobox once you switch the daft auto stop start off. It is still a bit disconcerting driving along a city street in third at about 2,800 revs. Good point about the weight for engine size.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.