Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Forward planning  (Read 2190 times)

STEMO

Forward planning
« on: 26 May 2017, 11:09:26 »

It's a bank holiday weekend, and it's going to be warm, or even hot...right? We've known about this since last weekend, right? People are going to fire up the barbecue, right?
Just been to Asda, not a fickin burger or a sausage in sight, just empty shelves. Tossers.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Forward planning
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2017, 11:20:36 »

That's because it's  bank holiday weekend, and it's going to be warm, or even hot...right? We've known about this since last weekend, right? People are going to fire up the barbecue, right?  ;D

Ron.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2017, 11:25:03 »

It's a bank holiday weekend, and it's going to be warm, or even hot...right? We've known about this since last weekend, right? People are going to fire up the barbecue, right?
Just been to Asda, not a fickin burger or a sausage in sight, just empty shelves. Tossers.

Forward planning. Buy early   ;D

You could always go vegetarian . . . .  ::) Y'know charred peppers and quorn and stuff 
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2017, 11:42:01 »

I'm not having a barbie doll, I'm off to Whitby.  :P But all the overweight bints, shopping for their overweight husbands, and with two overweight children in tow, were most indignant.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2017, 12:00:21 »

Welcome to modern shops and JnqIT deliveries. ::) On Tuesday it'll rain and they'll be tripping over bags of charcoal. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2017, 12:26:01 »

Welcome to modern shops and JnqIT deliveries. ::) On Tuesday it'll rain and they'll be tripping over bags of charcoal. ::)
That'll learn the bastids ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2017, 13:30:14 »

I'm not having a barbie doll, I'm off to Whitby.  :P But all the overweight bints, shopping for their overweight husbands, and with two overweight children in tow, were most indignant.  ;D
Thought you'd see me ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2017, 14:54:12 »

Go to Tesco instead.  ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2017, 15:06:45 »

Try Costco, their meat is seriously good. Already have some beef in the fridge, might have a BBQ tonight.  8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2017, 15:45:34 »

Try Costco, their meat is seriously good. Already have some beef in the fridge, might have a BBQ tonight.  8)

I'll second that.  My freezer is always full of Costco meat and fish.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2017, 15:49:52 »

I'll second that.  My freezer is always full of Costco meat and fish.  :y

Same, you have to buy big packs, but last time we had a heat wave I bought a load and stuck some in the freezer. Tonight some will get defrosted for tomorrow, saves the normal rush at times like this. Stock up when the weather is not so good.  :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2017, 16:03:29 »

So how does Costco work? I've never had cause to visit one. Do you have to (pretend to) have a business or can Joe Public visit also?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2017, 16:05:38 »

So how does Costco work? I've never had cause to visit one. Do you have to (pretend to) have a business or can Joe Public visit also?

Certain companies are 'on the list' e.g. Sky are, so I'm a normal member. But if you have a company, it's easy and you can be trade and claim VAT back.

There is good stuff there, not all is cheap but generally it's very good. I like the fact they pack the trolley for you at the till  :D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2017, 16:44:15 »

Its easy, goto a butchers shop....you know, those shops, usually in the high street, that just sell meat!  ::) :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2017, 16:54:36 »

How about road kill as an alternative? Enough cheap booze and nobody will notice. :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.