Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doors locks and solenoids  (Read 1555 times)

Joe the fish

• Dorset
    • 2002 Omega 2.2
    • View Profile
Doors locks and solenoids
« on: 27 August 2018, 11:13:46 »

Morning all,
I have acquired a second omega to poach for parts to improve my own.. same colour and trim etc to make life easier...
first on the agenda is replacing the drivers door, door card and hinges not a problem but wondered if It’s as simple as unplug remove and swap, is there anything to consider on the remote central locking/alarm front. I’m assuming the drivers door actuator is the master for the system, does the coded signal come from ecu end it is there anything in the door that would need to be swapped?

While we are on the drivers door what about the lock barrel? Can this be removed and swapped so I don’t end up with a different key to open the door (should central locking fail?)

Still on central locking rear passenger side door solenoid has had it so was going to swap that out as well so I guess same question really straight swap or any trickery involved?

Thanks
Joe.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
Re: Doors locks and solenoids
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2018, 12:23:58 »

Morning all,
I have acquired a second omega to poach for parts to improve my own.. same colour and trim etc to make life easier...
first on the agenda is replacing the drivers door, door card and hinges not a problem but wondered if It’s as simple as unplug remove and swap, is there anything to consider on the remote central locking/alarm front. I’m assuming the drivers door actuator is the master for the system, does the coded signal come from ecu end it is there anything in the door that would need to be swapped?

While we are on the drivers door what about the lock barrel? Can this be removed and swapped so I don’t end up with a different key to open the door (should central locking fail?)

Still on central locking rear passenger side door solenoid has had it so was going to swap that out as well so I guess same question really straight swap or any trickery involved?

Thanks
Joe.

Any help ????

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90543.msg1155398#msg1155398

:y

Joe the fish

• Dorset
    • 2002 Omega 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2018, 14:47:38 »

Cheers yep that’ll help with the strip down.

Looking at the workshop manual looks like I can remove the lock barrel to prevent having a odd key when I change the doors over.

Any thoughts if I have to keep the central locking solenoid for the remote to keep working or will the one in the spare door work?

Any other issues with changing the lock/handle over, I’m sure I read somewhere that there’s a sensor or something for the immobiliser??

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2018, 15:00:09 »

once the door card is off ,the lock barrel bracket part is just 2 x 10mm nuts and a link rod  :y
no problem with immobilizer,the transponder ring is round the ignition lock,not in the door
so, providing the guts of the donor door all work, a pretty easy job
though the door weighs about 7 ton  ;D  ,so support with blocks of wood and carpet to take the weight  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2018, 15:33:51 »

Only need to swap the barrel. Rest of the door is stupid, ie not coded...

But...

Disconnect the battery otherwise the airbag light will come on... Side airbag sensor is in the door ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2018, 17:51:46 »

You can chop and change door lock motors to your hearts content on Omegas, with no concerns about coding/programming.
Grumpy old man

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2018, 21:03:57 »

I managed to get hold of an identical door with identical trim (without the patina and dents) and before swapping them I plugged the new door in next to the car, checked all the electrics worked and 30 mins later it was all swapped over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.