Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Major Southern Meet Anyone?  (Read 9226 times)

FRE07962128

Major Southern Meet Anyone?
« on: 06 August 2008, 07:00:08 »

Nice try Pete Wright on the earlier thread  :y but, as correctly stated, I have tried to arrange such a meet;
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1210938884

however everyone is so busy, hard up, and in addition there are not too many members down in the South East to make these mini meets a success it seems! :'( :'( :'(  

It is also a fact that there are greater numbers of owners in other area's, i.e. the North, where they can arrange a 'long' meet and at a really lovely location like the Lake District 8-) 8-).

Not saying Herne Bay / Whitstable / Folkestone aren't nice, but frankly they are not in the same league as the Lakes!  They are also a long way out for a few hours worth of meet for many in the South East / South / London / Essex to travel to due to traffic congestion / fuel costs. :'( :'(

That's the negatives over with Pete;
how about joining forces and trying to arrange a "Lakes" type meet, for 2/3 days in a really lovely South / South East location?   Brighton / Eastbourne  / Ashdown Forest or even further afield for us, the New Forest near Southampton?  

Open to suggestions really for anywhere that can take a good few tents / caravans, is positively a great scenic location and is interesting / central enough to attract a good level of members!  8-)  

Who is interested; anybody with suggestions; any observations??????????????  :-/ :-/ :-/  

:D :D :D :D :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: Major Southern Meet Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2008, 08:38:04 »

Hi LizzieZoom.I am a lot more flexible with just a local "mini meet" as trying to arrange several days away for me is a major complication..it has taken 3 years to sort out 2 weeks holiday this year to the Dordogne.Think if we could just get several of us Southeners together for a pub chat then others may follow on from that when they see we are sociable....little acorns and all that.!!.
I will wave to Ashford on Sunday morning as I drive past on my way to the "PIPE".

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2008, 08:43:00 »

Hi LizzieZoom.I am a lot more flexible with just a local "mini meet" as trying to arrange several days away for me is a major complication..it has taken 3 years to sort out 2 weeks holiday this year to the Dordogne.Think if we could just get several of us Southeners together for a pub chat then others may follow on from that when they see we are sociable....little acorns and all that.!!.
I will wave to Ashford on Sunday morning as I drive past on my way to the "PIPE".

I'm up for that :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2008, 08:50:17 »

I will be away until after the 28th but any plans/venues that are arranged count me in.

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2008, 08:54:47 »

I will be away until after the 28th but any plans/venues that are arranged count me in.

I'm away in Dorset next week but free after that except the Bank Holiday weekend :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2008, 09:05:56 »

Same problem wherever you are to be honest, you could try joining forces with a local Autobahnstormers meet as that helps out with the numbers.

The Midlands (Donnington) meet seems to draw about 4 - 5 ABS and the same OOF at the moment which is good going in my opinion, if they were just single forum meets it wouldn't be worth it. The killer is the fuel costs for people at the moment unfortunately.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2008, 11:07:51 »

It would certainly make a nice change from the 300 mile "slog" to the Lakes which I've done a couple of times now. ::) However, the next major meet at Newent isn't too bad a journey for us Southerners as it's less than a 2 hour trip for me just north of the M25. It would certainly make a nice change to have a large meet in the South but not so sure I'd be able to do that and Newent having already been to the Lakes. However, I'll watch this with interest. :y :y
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

mowerman71

• essex
  • go baby go
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2008, 17:28:32 »

hi there lizze zoom, would be great if there was a meet down here in the south somewhere, pub, country park etc , as iam sure there would be a good response if it was central to every one.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2008, 20:29:55 »

The 2 'big' meets have been purposely chosen as North England and Glouscester area so that as many members as possible are able to make at least one.

More than 2 major meets in the summer is probably not feasible, though the the success of the East Anglian meet shows that you only need a few couples to make a successful meet :y
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2008, 21:06:02 »

The 2 'big' meets have been purposely chosen as North England and Glouscester area so that as many members as possible are able to make at least one.

More than 2 major meets in the summer is probably not feasible, though the the success of the East Anglian meet shows that you only need a few couples to make a successful meet :y

It may not have been as big as the lakes or Newent, but we all had an absolute ball  :D :D :D :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2008, 21:14:14 »

It may not have been as big as the lakes or Newent, but we all had an absolute ball  :D :D :D :y :y :y

and some falls :-[

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2008, 21:16:08 »

and some falls :-[

Not all of us  :D :D :D :D :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2008, 21:44:42 »

pink boots & dodgy ice cubes eh. ;D ;D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 August 2008, 01:22:45 »

Lizzie, as I always say, give us a date and if logistically fits, see you there :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #14 on: 08 August 2008, 17:26:05 »

Thank you all for the positive feedback......I will now seriously start reseaching some possibilities for a venue. :y :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.