Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: posssible 2012 midlands camp weekend.  (Read 8190 times)

frenchie-V6

• burton on trent.staffs
    • View Profile
posssible 2012 midlands camp weekend.
« on: 04 December 2011, 19:22:53 »

what about a more family & kiddie orientated camp weekend for us midlands oofers. ok the idea is the fact that we all have omega,s...but, where does this leave the women & kids?..=bored. what we need is a meet that ALL the family can come to, us boys sort the cars but the wife & kids can come along & go out for a bit of fun too. No big booze ups but a beer or two isnt a great problem. a bit of family fun thats all. its not all about big boys and there toys. with this, i hope not to offend.
blame the redbaron if you want.  ::)
an honest answer please.  ;)
ingrid.  :-*
The Baron has an MV6 but i darent drive it.

Omega32E

• Leicestershire
    • Omega 3.2 E
    • View Profile
Re: posssible 2012 midlands camp weekend.
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2011, 19:44:43 »

what about a more family & kiddie orientated camp weekend for us midlands oofers. ok the idea is the fact that we all have omega,s...but, where does this leave the women & kids?..=bored. what we need is a meet that ALL the family can come to, us boys sort the cars but the wife & kids can come along & go out for a bit of fun too. No big booze ups but a beer or two isnt a great problem. a bit of family fun thats all. its not all about big boys and there toys. with this, i hope not to offend.

You gotta love the way the girls try to take control ;D

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2011, 19:56:03 »

You gotta love the way the girls try to take control ;D
a valid point imho.
why is it a mission to go to a meet & get hammered. ???
think about the kids for a minute.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Omega32E

• Leicestershire
    • Omega 3.2 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2011, 20:20:00 »

I would'nt say its the mission to get hammered, it just reminds me of my missis she likes to spell out the conditions before we go anywhere  ;D and as for my kids you would have a bigger problem keeping them and the bar apart (both in there twenties) than you would me. However I do see your point regards the younger ones :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2011, 20:35:04 »

I would'nt say its the mission to get hammered, it just reminds me of my missis she likes to spell out the conditions before we go anywhere  ;D and as for my kids you would have a bigger problem keeping them and the bar apart (both in there twenties) than you would me. However I do see your point regards the younger ones :y
thankyou. all we would like is a kiddie friendly meet. with good behaviour. :y

Omega32E

• Leicestershire
    • Omega 3.2 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2011, 20:48:56 »

Wonder how many on here still have younger kids, I only say this cause mind are constantly telling me my car is an old mans car and I'm 45 and as stated mine are in there twenties and a bit past the bouncy castle stage, however if there are some youngsters kicking about what sort of venue/attraction have you in mind?.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2011, 21:01:33 »

have a venue in the pipeline, a show that covers all interests really. more details to follow if enough folks would be up for a weekend meet. derbyshire area. early august.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2011, 00:47:39 »

Miss Vamps. aged 11, and I might be interested, not sure what car I would arrive in though.... :D, best keep swmbo out of the way though.... :D :D
« Last Edit: 05 December 2011, 00:49:31 by Vamps »

omega2012

• Kettering, Northampton
  • Web Designer / Web Host
    • 1999 2.0 16v CDX
    • View Profile
    • Business-HostingUK
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2011, 19:20:19 »

This is something i would be interested in, think my mrs would like it, kid not that old tho, so she probz will not get it but would be nice to get out and about! any ideas on locations?

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2011, 20:27:15 »

As a Wife, mum of 2 and an OOFer I think I can honestly say that a meet is what you make of it, our boys age 4 and 7 have been to all of the Lakes meets and the last 3 Newent meets plus a York meet and numerous day gatherings.  If you have the confidence to go off and do things with your kids while men stand round with their hands in their pockets looking at one bloke working then that's fab.  If not then I guess you need to accept what OOF meets are and get on with it.

They are generally held on family friendly sites which are safe for children to run about on.  I don't really see the need for a family friendly meet as that's ruling out a fair few people who don't have children and to me defeats the object of OOF!

Our boys absolutely love going to these meets, they've made loads of friends and look forward to seeing regular faces again.  The OOF widows, those that don't have children with them, are also very good at going off shopping etc.

At the end of the day its a car club meet, its only for a weekend, if you don't like your bloke going off to drool over cars, don't come!  Let him go have fun on his own!
Been there, fallen over it!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 December 2011, 20:44:40 »

Is the Lakes meet not a big family type one? Not that I've been to one except the first one  ::)

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 December 2011, 20:57:54 »

Is the Lakes meet not a big family type one? Not that I've been to one except the first one  ::)

As family as OOF gets! :y
Been there, fallen over it!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 December 2011, 21:01:39 »

About time you came to another then, lazy, good-for-nothing student. And bring yer woman, so I can meet her properly, not talk to her on a gay dating site ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 December 2011, 21:06:11 »

As a Wife, mum of 2 and an OOFer I think I can honestly say that a meet is what you make of it, our boys age 4 and 7 have been to all of the Lakes meets and the last 3 Newent meets plus a York meet and numerous day gatherings.  If you have the confidence to go off and do things with your kids while men stand round with their hands in their pockets looking at one bloke working then that's fab.  If not then I guess you need to accept what OOF meets are and get on with it.

They are generally held on family friendly sites which are safe for children to run about on.  I don't really see the need for a family friendly meet as that's ruling out a fair few people who don't have children and to me defeats the object of OOF!

Our boys absolutely love going to these meets, they've made loads of friends and look forward to seeing regular faces again.  The OOF widows, those that don't have children with them, are also very good at going off shopping etc.

At the end of the day its a car club meet, its only for a weekend, if you don't like your bloke going off to drool over cars, don't come!  Let him go have fun on his own!
Not often I feel compelled to agree with Ljay :o, but that was my understanding (ie, all meets are family friendly), but maybe I've missed something?

Basically, the way I see it, people are free to do whatever they like during the day - play around on site, go out on their own as families, go out with other OOFers, be it the zoo, museums, shopping etc.  OK, naturally there is an evening get together, and people do over indulge ::)

Its unclear if the Lakes 2012 is going ahead yet, so we may be after another venue ::)
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 December 2011, 23:43:38 »

Its unclear if the Lakes 2012 is going ahead yet, so we may be after another venue ::)

Problem?  Have I missed something??   :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.