Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet in York 27th-28 Sept - BOOKED AT LAST!!!!  (Read 15632 times)

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
Re: Meet in York 27th-28 Sept - BOOKED AT LAST!!!!
« Reply #60 on: 11 September 2008, 14:10:58 »

well put me down as a definate for the saturday - poss a camp depending on how many kids come too. but then the day goes a bit better once you've had a few beers!

might have to get a football match arranged then!

who do i need to speak to about getting my cambelt/water pump and tensioner done?

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11 September 2008, 15:19:05 »

well put me down as a definate for the saturday - poss a camp depending on how many kids come too. but then the day goes a bit better once you've had a few beers!

might have to get a football match arranged then!

who do i need to speak to about getting my cambelt/water pump and tensioner done?

You now you want too!! Kids will be fine. There should be a little park with swings + slides etc on site (no idea what condition its in though!)

Have a few beers and it will all be fine!  ;D  :y

Cambelt wise, I dont know who can change them! Mark is doing mine for me, so maybe an idea to speak to him as it could be just him thats changing them.  ::)

I can do most other bits and bobs though! All depends on time I guess!
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

amigov6

« Reply #62 on: 11 September 2008, 20:33:11 »

This is Ian's baby & i've tried to push things along by encouraging others to attend but i'm a little alarmed at how much work is expected to be done. V6 Cambelts are a big job so before we book too many, exactly who can do them? 'coz i can't. I pay to have mine done. Thought this was more of a get together meet. Don't want to see more jobs booked than can be honoured, hence disappointed people. Sorry to put a downer on things but work wanted seems to be stacking up a tad. :-/
     Veccie owners? No worries in my book come on down. :y

Pedro

« Reply #63 on: 11 September 2008, 22:55:45 »

This is Ian's baby & i've tried to push things along by encouraging others to attend but i'm a little alarmed at how much work is expected to be done. V6 Cambelts are a big job so before we book too many, exactly who can do them? 'coz i can't. I pay to have mine done. Thought this was more of a get together meet. Don't want to see more jobs booked than can be honoured, hence disappointed people. Sorry to put a downer on things but work wanted seems to be stacking up a tad. :-/

Sort of what I thought! Maybe the odd thing, but as said, alot of peeps might be disappointed!

Turn up, drink, talk 'dangle berries', drink more, talk more 'dangle berries' (usually louder as it gets darker), charred bits of aminal flesh on a BBQ, more Jack, more 'dangle berries', grab a few zzzzzzzzzz  - that sorta thing.

A bottle of Vino Collapso for the ladies and Sunny D for the kids! :D

Hurrah!!!!! :y

Excellent, Slackbladder! ;D

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12 September 2008, 01:35:00 »

Know Ian already sorted it with Mark for his Cambelt doing was hoping to sort of get mine done by copying Marks (methods) with  some help & advice if i get stuck, as supposedly we will have plenty of cover (big tent)but no probs still coming to York and will have all my parts for jobs with me if they dont get done then they dont get done the main prob for me is use of a Locking kit , watched the DVD enough times now & not a total noob just out of touch {i'm in AA} can always get me home LOL !  :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12 September 2008, 10:59:55 »

Turn up, drink, talk 'dangle berries', drink more, talk more 'dangle berries' (usually louder as it gets darker), charred bits of aminal flesh on a BBQ, more Jack, more 'dangle berries', grab a few zzzzzzzzzz  - that sorta thing.
The usual thing then Pete!? ;)

A bottle of Vino Collapso for the ladies and ........
Fruit based drink for the ladies ....  He's back on telly tonight!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13 September 2008, 22:45:54 »

Has been confirmed that the Friday afternoon is OK to turn up yet?  ;)

amigov6

« Reply #67 on: 13 September 2008, 23:54:29 »

Looks like M Mark is the only cambelt changer. Saw him today & he might not be able to sleep over owing to his work shifts, hence he'll do what he's agreed & have to go off to work after which is a bit rough really. Hoping he can swap a shift so he stay over for a drink & a laugh. Fingers crossed.
    P.S is there running water on site? ie a tap we can fix a hose to?
   Cheers, Guy.

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 14 September 2008, 01:34:33 »

P.S is there running water on site? ie a tap we can fix a hose to?
   Cheers, Guy.
Will give the chap a ring and ask...

I will also bob down and have a closer look at the place!  :y

Oh, and ask about friday too  ::)
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 14 September 2008, 01:43:33 »

Looks like M Mark is the only cambelt changer. Saw him today & he might not be able to sleep over owing to his work shifts, hence he'll do what he's agreed & have to go off to work after which is a bit rough really. Hoping he can swap a shift so he stay over for a drink & a laugh. Fingers crossed.

Like I mentioned earlier, it mainly depends on available time... Plus I dont expect Mark to be repairing Omegas all day, he will want to join in with us lot im guess doing what ever we plan on doing! (Prob eating and drinking!!!)  :D

I used to be a part time mechanic while I was at school, so I dont mind helping where I can! The plan with my belt was for me to remove all the covers etc, and have it ready so mark just has to change the belt (Cant bring myself to do belts yet!  ;D), then I can put it back together again! (Should the free up some time for mark too!)
[size=12]

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 14 September 2008, 09:20:24 »

I've got a cam belt locking kit, & can bring it with me if required. I've only done one before ..... mine & I took the week-end to do it too. None of this couple of hours that MarksDTM & co take.

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 14 September 2008, 20:37:32 »

I've got a cam belt locking kit, & can bring it with me if required. I've only done one before ..... mine & I took the week-end to do it too. None of this couple of hours that MarksDTM & co take.

Yea bring it Andy I'm planning on doing mine will hopefully do all the spade work getting all the stuff off; ready for using the " Famous locking kits" and at least i will have all weekend to play with it if weathers good or bad  ::)
Would do it at home if I could borrow a kit nearly was gonna buy one till I realised how much they cost will pay for use of it .. :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 14 September 2008, 21:16:35 »

Yea bring it Andy I'm planning on doing mine ....
Will do, & a 30 mm spanner

will pay for use of it .. :y
 :-? no you won't!  :y  :y

amigov6

« Reply #73 on: 14 September 2008, 22:14:14 »

Shifnall (Cheers Dougie) was an eye opener. I saw cambelts changed in oil/filter change time but the best few were doing it & doing it well. VX workshops could learn a thing or two. MDTM & JamesV6CDX (sorry if i forgot any others) were doing the "next please" thing, it was that quick a turnaround. Don't want to p*ss on the parade but let's keep our sights a little lower on this meet as i've seen what's involved.
   On a lighter note, really looking forward to it & there'll be a big curry, many laughs & piccies. :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 15 September 2008, 02:17:30 »

Shifnall (Cheers Dougie) was an eye opener. I saw cambelts changed in oil/filter change time but the best few were doing it & doing it well. VX workshops could learn a thing or two. MDTM & JamesV6CDX (sorry if i forgot any others) were doing the "next please" thing, it was that quick a turnaround. Don't want to p*ss on the parade but let's keep our sights a little lower on this meet as i've seen what's involved.
   On a lighter note, really looking forward to it & there'll be a big curry, many laughs & piccies. :y

Im sure it will all work out... I can do most stuff, its just tensioning the belt which scares me!!  ;D

Ive changed a head gasket on a car before (was a crappy fiat punto) and I still got my boss (at the time) to fit the cambelt!   :-[

The only bit I will (I hope) need a hand with, will be changing the Belt... The rest (Gaskets / Service etc) I will sort out myself!

Tried getting hold of the bloke over the weekend but nobody is answering the phone!  :-/ Will post info asap about friday though! :y
[size=12]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.