Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: North Korea  (Read 10547 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2017, 15:35:19 »

Strike on Guam? I dare say the US would have a fair chance of shooting it down,not so sure they have the ability to tackle missile(s) sent elsewhere. No star wars defence shield .

Your points 1 and 2 are indeed grim. Satanic state would have the money to obtain nuclear bombs and use them.

Strike on Guam?

That may be exactly what Trump and the USA want.  When Japan was flexing it's muscles in 1941 we know the US knew a strike on their Pacific forces was going to take place.  The conspiracy historians amoungst us, which includes me, believe Roosevelt and Churchill were just waiting for such a strike, and indeed, before the event, knew it would be on Pearl.  That would, and of course did, bring the isolationist US into the fight against Nazi Germany, and then the Axis forces in their entirety.  Result!

Trump means "Fire and fury, with power that the World has never seen before", and is just waiting for the excuse to strike at the political centre of N.Korea. Trump is no usual President, and will not conform to usual diplomatic practice.  He knows that only delays the inevitable, and has no teeth anyway.  I abhor war, but sometimes/ often in history a early warring strike is far better than pussy footing around that only leads to a greater conflict. This is such an example.

Put on your tin hats, it is going to be a rocky ride!

Sounds like you are much more comfortable with the 20-100m (or more if China is drawn in), largely civilian, deaths such a conflict will cause than I am. :( :( :( SK capital Seoul with a population of 25m is only 30 miles from DPRK border. In the event of war DPRK extensive number of artillery pieces and Grad MLRS will launch an immediate massive bombardment of Seoul using a combination of explosive, biological, chemical and quite probably tactical nuclear weapons.  :( :( :( They will then launch a massive invasion through an extensive network of secret tunnels, which SK and US will try to stop before they reach the southern coast. Read any of the several studies on this scenario and it is a sh*t sandwich all round where there are no good options or outcomes, deliberately so with the DPRK plans and tactics, only some are worse than others. >:( >:( >:( All of the studies say the only people that call for the US to attack DPRK are those that know nothing of the very major difficulties and high casualties rates that will be involved. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2017, 16:05:41 »

Strike on Guam? I dare say the US would have a fair chance of shooting it down,not so sure they have the ability to tackle missile(s) sent elsewhere. No star wars defence shield .

Your points 1 and 2 are indeed grim. Satanic state would have the money to obtain nuclear bombs and use them.

Strike on Guam?

That may be exactly what Trump and the USA want.  When Japan was flexing it's muscles in 1941 we know the US knew a strike on their Pacific forces was going to take place.  The conspiracy historians amoungst us, which includes me, believe Roosevelt and Churchill were just waiting for such a strike, and indeed, before the event, knew it would be on Pearl.  That would, and of course did, bring the isolationist US into the fight against Nazi Germany, and then the Axis forces in their entirety.  Result!

Trump means "Fire and fury, with power that the World has never seen before", and is just waiting for the excuse to strike at the political centre of N.Korea. Trump is no usual President, and will not conform to usual diplomatic practice.  He knows that only delays the inevitable, and has no teeth anyway.  I abhor war, but sometimes/ often in history a early warring strike is far better than pussy footing around that only leads to a greater conflict. This is such an example.

Sounds like you are much more comfortable with the 20-100m (or more if China is drawn in), largely civilian, deaths such a conflict will cause than I am. :( :( :( SK capital Seoul with a population of 25m is only 30 miles from DPRK border. In the event of war DPRK extensive number of artillery pieces and Grad MLRS will launch an immediate massive bombardment of Seoul using a combination of explosive, biological, chemical and quite probably tactical nuclear weapons.  :( :( :( They will then launch a massive invasion through an extensive network of secret tunnels, which SK and US will try to stop before they reach the southern coast. Read any of the several studies on this scenario and it is a sh*t sandwich all round where there are no good options or outcomes, deliberately so with the DPRK plans and tactics, only some are worse than others. >:( >:( >:( All of the studies say the only people that call for the US to attack DPRK are those that know nothing of the very major difficulties and high casualties rates that will be involved. :( :( :(

I understand completely what you are saying Rod, but history has taught us to do nothing, or even worse, just keep talking endlessly to a leader bent on military action, only delays the inevitable, and when that inevitable transpires, the consequences are far worse than if real force had been used in the first place.  The free world must act with resolute determination now.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 09 August 2017, 16:10:28 »

Fu....kin....ell  :o :o

I agree with Lizzie.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2017, 16:23:15 »

Strike on Guam?

Remember reading a Larry Bond novel about this scenario a few years ago, (can,t remember the title) but was a damn good read. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2017, 16:23:48 »

So we're all agreed; glass Korea? (might as well do the Middle East while we're at it and why stop there.. China too?)

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2017, 16:39:08 »

So we're all agreed; glass Korea? (might as well do the Middle East while we're at it and why stop there.. China too?)
Whoa! I'm quite partial to a special fried rice.  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2017, 17:02:30 »

Fu....kin....ell  :o :o

I agree with Lizzie.

I think Rods reads a lot of books by Dale Brown . . . . .

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

2boxerdogs

« Reply #22 on: 09 August 2017, 17:48:55 »

I blame Brexit 😀😀 😀

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 August 2017, 18:06:27 »

Strike on Guam?

I understand completely what you are saying Rod, but history has taught us to do nothing, or even worse, just keep talking endlessly to a leader bent on military action, only delays the inevitable, and when that inevitable transpires, the consequences are far worse than if real force had been used in the first place.  The free world must act with resolute determination now.

Personally, I don't think a DPRK attack is imminent unless the Neanderthal in the WH alpha male chest beating and 6 am provocative Tweets are misunderstood. :o :o :o That to me is by far the biggest danger. :( :( :( I don't think most of Asia will be impressed by their countries being covered with nuclear fallout and the subsequent mass health problems and if enough are thrown around global warming is over due to the 25degC drop in temperatures from the Nuclear winter. Enjoy growing your crops to survive on glaciers. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 August 2017, 19:01:48 »

if enough are thrown around global warming is over due to the 25degC drop in temperatures from the Nuclear winter. Enjoy growing your crops to survive on glaciers. :o :o :o
Then you don't need to ban petrol cars :).

Where's the button, the world needs a mass cull.
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 August 2017, 19:18:09 »

if enough are thrown around global warming is over due to the 25degC drop in temperatures from the Nuclear winter. Enjoy growing your crops to survive on glaciers. :o :o :o

The last one was ~60million years ago when a large meteor hit a sulphur bed of rock. We must be due another one anytime soon. ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 August 2017, 19:22:47 »

The last one was ~60million years ago when a large meteor hit a sulphur bed of rock. We must be due another one anytime soon. ::)

No.  The last big cull was 1939-45 with, it is now estimated, 60 million killed.

The next big one, if nuclear war broke out, could be 60 billion; in other words most of the human race.  Does not bear thinking about, but at least the worry about global warming and the ban on combustion engines would be over! ::) ::) :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 August 2017, 19:23:25 »

Risky, leaving it to chance...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 August 2017, 19:24:23 »

No.  The last big cull was 1939-45 with, it is now estimated, 60 million killed.

The next big one, if nuclear war broke out, could be 60 billion; in other words most of the human race.  Does not bear thinking about, but at least the worry about global warming and the ban on combustion engines would be over! ::) ::) :P
Seeing as we have less than 8bn people on the planet, I'd suggest 100%
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 August 2017, 19:29:01 »

Seeing as we have less than 8bn people on the planet, I'd suggest 100%

Oh yes, my finger slipped again; should have read 6 billion! ::) ::) ::) :-* :-*

Mind you, that would solve all problems! ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.