Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: That London place.  (Read 3596 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: That London place.
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2017, 21:02:39 »

Sorry, I missed the debate about prices in the lego store, my word, how awful  :o !!

Yes, the participants are now bricking it.

Feel free to link up with with me via pm and we'll connect !
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 August 2017, 22:36:14 »

I'm disgusted at how from the start of this thread every comment negates the absolute tragedy that some people have nothing, no home, no food, no spare clothes. nowhere to even wash and are classed as the subhuman. It's almost like it's not a real thing. I honestly am stunned by the arrogance!

It's a dilemma that I have faced uncountable times, and that many face every day. "Is this person in genuine need" or " Is this person taking me for a ride"

I know with absolute certainty that I have given money to people who are just riding the system and conning the benevolent. I very much hope that I have also given money to those in genuine need. BUT, the first just pisses me off so much. Not so long ago at Liverpool St Station, I parted with some cash, and then watched the guy playing the same story to at least two others. He was good, very good. But that particular incident very much hardened my attitude.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2017, 22:50:17 »

I'm disgusted at how from the start of this thread every comment negates the absolute tragedy that some people have nothing, no home, no food, no spare clothes. nowhere to even wash and are classed as the subhuman. It's almost like it's not a real thing. I honestly am stunned by the arrogance!

We visit London for the weekend (mainly winter time) a few times a year and what I find sad is the people who genuinely do sleep rough. At the rear of Waterloo Station, out of view of the Station's awaiting masses, you will see people huddled in doorways to keep warm at night. The shop doorways in the Covent Garden area become a shelter for homeless people after darkness falls and many many more areas are the same. These people are NOT begging, just merely sheltering from the bitter cold. They MAY have been begging during the day, who knows, but the fact remains that they are definitely sleeping in doorways at night.
As we tend to visit in winter, you will see people sleeping in doorways at night when it's -5 outside. Some people create their own fate, others just get dealt a bad hand, but it certainly opened my eyes and made me aware of how lucky I am.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2017, 23:05:32 »

I have complete sympathy with people who are genuinely living on the streets. The problem is, its often difficult to distinguish them from the p1ss takers who make a decent living out of begging, and then go home in the evening.
The ones who do it for a job, should be first in line for the cull when it comes.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.