Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any recommendations for picture hosting sites ???  (Read 2939 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
Re: Any recommendations for picture hosting sites ???
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2017, 17:57:55 »

I have found that using the direct link and the img code embed, the pictures still work

Oooooo, so it does  :D  My Old Girl is Back  :y

Thanks all for comments.  Should it stop, i'll try the next most popular site before that one shuts  ;D

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2017, 18:32:39 »

Too late  ;D ;D. Worked for a few mins  :(

I'll give up and fetch me coat  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2017, 20:47:15 »

I think you'll find that everyone has already left them. It's hard to see what PB will actually do now as so many already use free or low cost cloud storage and there are many others who still permit links etc. Some weeks ago I just logged in and deleted absolutely everything.

Either a) all the people who were using Photobucket to host content that they had monetised will pay up and Photobucket will survive or, b) They'll disappear like a million other websites before them ;)

This was their last gasp effort to save a doomed business model.

The only 'free' storage that will remain, ultimately, is the 'free' storage you pay for in some other way - Google (paid for by all the data mining they can monetise off the back of your data), Amazon (paid for by Prime subs) etc etc.

Trust me, imgbb.com, postimages.org etc will either stop 3rd party linking or disappear, eventually, because 3rd party linking destroys ad revenue.
Pretty much bang on.  Most consumers seem to think everything on the Internet can be provided for free, but in reality, providing internet services is incredibly expensive, be that email mailboxes, web sites or cloud type file hosting.  A 500Tb all flash array will easily bust $1m, and have a life of 5-7 years. Then you need all your front end servers. And network kit and load balancers. And bandwidth/transit/peering costs.

If ad revenue is not coming in fast enough, a free service can only last until the investers' money runs out.
Grumpy old man

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2017, 10:18:03 »

I have used PB for quite a while without problem and have a lot of hosted pictures. I think I pay a nominal sum. £30 pa? Mine is still working,
but I shall try your suggestion Zirk. Thanks.  :-*
If your paying them money then you should be fine, thats what they want now, but why do that when you can host them for free on other sites, and annoyingly some are better than others.

My personal experience of PB is, it was quiet good, but has over the years got repeatedly slower and almost unusable on free accounts, not to mention the Ads., I recovered my stuff, as well as leaving it on PB as at the moment for me its still works for hosting, in a round about way, but should the demand fees from me they can go and multiply.

For security I need to move it from PB then. Now all I have to do is find the time.  >:(

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.