Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is work bad for your health?  (Read 3415 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Is work bad for your health?
« on: 18 October 2017, 10:44:19 »

Just wondering, because I woke up with the snuffles this morning and realised that in the 12 or so years that I have been retired, I've only had one cold/flu infection as opposed to at least two per year whilst working, not to mention manflu!
And just in case any women (Lizzie) tnink that manflu is a myth, current medical evidence confirms that men suffer far worse than women and it is very real..... :P
That's not to say that I am devoid of all of those age-related ailments that befall us, sadly.
Life ain't fair, is it?  :(

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Is work bad for your health?
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2017, 10:51:48 »

Man flu is far more deadly than the 'black death' that wiped out half the population of Europe in just 3 years during the 14th century.

'Wimmin' simply don't understand due to the smaller brain of the female.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2017, 10:59:44 »

I think office environments, with circulating air-con and such means you get exposed to more that you would if not working.

There are over 10,000 people on site here, with around 2,500 in the building I'm in. That alone means more cold and sniffles floating around!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2017, 11:05:27 »

Man flu is far more deadly than the 'black death' that wiped out half the population of Europe in just 3 years during the 14th century.

'Wimmin' simply don't understand due to the smaller brain of the female.

We understand, with our advanced brains, that men are less equipped to deal with medical issues that affect their bodies.  Unlike woman who have to deal with periods and all that is involved when our bodies grow a new life, then give birth, and finally deal with the demands of child rearing.

In short men are wimps! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2017, 11:07:19 »

I think office environments, with circulating air-con and such means you get exposed to more that you would if not working.

There are over 10,000 people on site here, with around 2,500 in the building I'm in. That alone means more cold and sniffles floating around!

Not just the a/c but all those people who pick their nose, wipe their arse and then touch the door handles without washing their hands, ready to deposit some germs for the next person to touch before they pick their nose, rub their eyes and wipe their arse ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2017, 11:09:37 »

Not just the a/c but all those people who pick their nose, wipe their arse and then touch the door handles without washing their hands, ready to deposit some germs for the next person to touch before they pick their nose, rub their eyes and wipe their arse ;)

......and then you have the self-abusers. (I actual said wxxkers!!)........... :o :o :o :o :o :D :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2017, 11:17:50 »

[/highlight]

The immune systems of the young today is not as robust as in my day.

We'd wipe our arse on a piece of newspaper and then and then lick the contents of the bowl*.

* Uncooked cake mix. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2017, 11:23:59 »

[/highlight]

We'd wipe our arse on a piece of newspaper and then and then lick the contents of the bowl*.

* Uncooked cake mix.
:y

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2017, 11:40:58 »

Eee when I were a lad, we lived int ole int groond and ate coal for tea!  Never did us any arm!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2017, 12:08:22 »

Eee when I were a lad, we lived int ole int groond and ate coal for tea!  Never did us any arm!  ;D

Coal, in Darzett?.I thought it was tin mining in your neck of the woods, or is that Cornwall. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2017, 12:14:01 »

Coal, in Darzett?.I thought it was tin mining in your neck of the woods, or is that Cornwall. ;)
Quite right. They chew on offcuts of hemp down there, which explains a lot. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2017, 12:18:20 »

I must ask Sir Tig to count the number of fingers and toes he has........or is that Norfolk. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2017, 12:21:41 »

I must ask Sir Tig to count the number of fingers and toes he has........or is that Norfolk. ;)

My Grandmother was from Narfick...  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2017, 14:21:14 »

Always makes me smile that there are notices in toilets saying "now wash your hands" and then you have to pull a door handle to get out which someone before you has pulled without washing their hands first. ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2017, 14:46:15 »

At work and when mixing with people, like at the pub, shopping and socializing, we are much more prone to picking up illnesses, where people carry on and spread their illnesses around them. :o :o :o Women like Lizzie are much more prone to spreading their illnesses whereas us men, do the decent thing by not spreading the germs, where we are all tucked in bed unable to move from man flu. :P :P :P

When you have children you have even more so illnesses as schools are a giant breeding area for germs and children only clean their hands when they have an evening bath or shower and that is only due to being in the unliked vicinity of clean water. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.