Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: not good, in any way shape or form  (Read 5338 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
not good, in any way shape or form
« on: 11 December 2017, 11:44:47 »

:(
sat in a hotel in wembly not enjoying the delights of singapore :(
flight cancelled last night 30 minutes before takeoff. next 6 hours spent trying to find out what was happening then 2 hours queueing to get OUT of the airport. BA staff useless, help in finding accomodation was aleaflet. eventually got in to the hilton at wembley ... 40 bloody miles away. no food, no bar when we got here as gone midnight. bags still somewhere in the bowels of heathrow.

now find we "might!" be on a flight to melbourne via hong kong on wednesday, so go direct but still get there 24 hours late, but no-one knows for sure, or what we do between now and then.

mobile phone is useless so having to sit in hotel room waiting for phone calls from travel agents.

pissed off is not the word

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: not good, in any way shape or form
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2017, 11:54:17 »

I frequently make known my hatred of flying, this often gets misunderstod as being aerophobia. It's not. It's all the crap such as this that goes with flying.   :(

Good luck, anyway

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2017, 12:00:37 »

Oh dear.

Would it help if I said that you are still alive and still have a lovely holiday to look forward to....... no, I thought not.  ;D

Hope you are soon on your way, as even though they are doing it for the right reasons it is still frustrating for you as it eats into your plans.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2017, 12:20:46 »

Well at least you can enjoy the OOF whilst you are waiting Entwood! :y :y :y :y

Seriously though, hope things get better for you soon ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2017, 12:43:22 »

Norwegian fly from Gatwick to Singapore if that helps, but don't expect to enjoy the experience :-X

Presumably the delay is snow related, in which case nothing much to do but wait... unfortunately, the logistics of arranging accommodation for 3-400 people is fraught enough, but if one of several cancelled flights it all becomes a bit of a nightmare. Trouble is, everyone expects an instant solution, and that simply won't happen... if T5 was chaotic, it wouldn't be unreasonable for a similar number of cancellations to have been made in the other Terminals... so it isn't just your flight or even BA.

Appreciate the scale of the problem and be greatful that a) your in a reasonable hotel at someone elses expense, and b) that you're in a position to be jetting off for two months ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2017, 13:37:05 »

Apparently BA (or BAA, who knows) directed everyone out of the same exit in T5, resulting in carnage..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2017, 14:10:33 »

BA really have gone down the crapper recently it appears, always used to better for service both before and during the flights.

Now they appear no better, even charging for meals on short-haul. I'd look to avoid BA if I was booking any flight now, only if price was right use them.

Entwood - If you have time (sounds like you do) have a read of Richard Brandson's first autobiography, will really bring home what BA are really like.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2017, 14:54:35 »

I think your last words on a previous post were ‘Should be nice and warm while you lot freeze’.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2017, 15:19:43 »

flight cancelled last night 30 minutes before takeoff. next 6 hours spent trying to find out what was happening then 2 hours queueing to get OUT of the airport. BA staff useless, help in finding accomodation was aleaflet. eventually got in to the hilton at wembley ... 40 bloody miles away. no food, no bar when we got here as gone midnight. bags still somewhere in the bowels of heathrow.

now find we "might!" be on a flight to melbourne via hong kong on wednesday, so go direct but still get there 24 hours late, but no-one knows for sure, or what we do between now and then.

mobile phone is useless so having to sit in hotel room waiting for phone calls from travel agents.

Crikey. I was only wondering this morning if your taxi shuttle got you there in time. Hope you get sorted soon. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2017, 16:13:13 »

Thanks for the. Thoughts, now waiting for a transfer car to take us back home for 48hours.car cost equals hotel bill but home equals clean clothes. Bags still buried somewhere in Heathrow.

Having done flying for 38  years as a professional I understand the problem and the logistics... But... BA said nothing for hours then wanted everyone.. 70 flights, 200 average?  14000 people? to leave at the same time, via immigration so 2 exits. That is just piss poor organisation. Then they tell you to call a number that closes at 5pm....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2017, 16:19:34 »

Thanks for the. Thoughts, now waiting for a transfer car to take us back home for 48hours.car cost equals hotel bill but home equals clean clothes. Bags still buried somewhere in Heathrow.

Wow, so they don't expect you to get a flight for 48 hours!?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2017, 16:43:06 »

In a case like this presumably the airlines stump up for Reasonable expenses during the delay? We were just talking about this and concluded the hotels must make a killing with high room rates.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2017, 16:53:22 »

Oh look... Another have a pop at BA thread >:(

Of a daily average of 1,293 flights... 333 flights were cancelled at LHR yesterday, and a further 578 flights were delayed.

That's near enough 25% of flights cancelled and a further 45% delayed.

Snow causes two problems, aircraft movements are severely restricted and aircraft stranded elsewhere causes significant operational disruption, not only to passengers, but also to crew and aircraft schedules.

BA is acutely affected due to the shear number of flights it operates. Overall yesterday they cancelled 29% (253 flights) of their operation and delayed 34% (291 flights) of their flights globally.

So, even if all the BA cancellations were at Heathrow, (which they weren't), it's still only 2/3rds of the cancelled flights there...

The 50,000 displaced passengers were across the network, not just at T5, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good headline ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2017, 16:56:42 »

Once in the departure lounge, every cancelled passenger has to legally return through immigration.

This isn't to be difficult but because you technically leave the UK as you pass through security.  :y

Anyhoo sounds like you've been sorted out one way or tother :y

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2017, 18:10:11 »

When i used to fly around the world, i often arrived late at night at hotels....I used to ask the person who checked me in, if there was any chance of some sandwiches.....and seeing as you stayed in a Hilton, the chance of sandwiches would be probably good  ;)
And then raid the minibar  :y
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 18:20:06 by TD »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.