Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: not good, in any way shape or form  (Read 5339 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: not good, in any way shape or form
« Reply #15 on: 11 December 2017, 19:32:46 »

Could this be the karma police, after your, passing remarke about "hope you lot frezzee."  just saying. :-X
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2017, 20:13:41 »

Could this be the karma police, after your, passing remarke about "hope you lot frezzee."  just saying. :-X
I already just said.  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2017, 14:32:00 »

Latest part of the saga ... just had a phone call from a lady in Singapore, she has accidentally picked up Chris's suitcase instead of her own and wanted to arrange to give it back ... but I am still in UK and not going to singapore at all now.. she was VERY surprised as she thought I would be in the baggage hall searching for my bags ....so .. Chris's bag on a carousel in singapore, no idea where mine is, and we are going to melbourne .....:(

Can't register a "lost" bag as the BA system says I haven't flown anywhere yet so can't have lost a bag .... customer services can't help as baggage team is separate, baggage team won't talk to me as I don't have a lost baggage file reference and I can't get a file reference as I haven't flown and ... and .... and .....

Just hope the travel agent can actually get somewhere on our behalf .... :(

Question .. how come my bags can fly to Singapore but I can't ..  :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2017, 14:37:28 »

That is really scary. How can a bag fly without a person?

Over the years we have had varied results with lost/damged luggage. The very best being easyjet who lost the charger for the mobility scooter and had it couriered to our house.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 December 2017, 14:38:35 »

If it was me I would shit a pile big enough to cushion my landing  ::)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 December 2017, 15:41:12 »

Ooooops. Not good

I was flying from T5 on their opening morning. Anyone remember that ? I was on telly  ::)

Utter chaos. Almost 48 hours to get to Milan, sans luggage. Ever tried to buy normal cheap XXL underpants in Milan, fashion capital ? Quite amusing. But, all part of the reason I avoid flying whenever possible.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 12 December 2017, 15:46:56 »

Ooooops. Not good

I was flying from T5 on their opening morning. Anyone remember that ? I was on telly  ::)

Utter chaos. Almost 48 hours to get to Milan, sans luggage. Ever tried to buy normal cheap XXL underpants in Milan, fashion capital ? Quite amusing. But, all part of the reason I avoid flying whenever possible.
Fat arse  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 December 2017, 16:04:07 »

Ooooops. Not good

Was that part on Italian TV?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 December 2017, 17:14:45 »

Ooooops. Not good

I have had the opposite experience. Finding XXL underpants in Toronto was no problem whatsoever.  Finding somewhere to stuff the acres of excess material without spoiling the fit of my suit, however...  :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 December 2017, 18:34:02 »

I've always thought T5 was a shambles. To the point I refuse to fly from there.  Whatever moron designed that terminal needs their balls chopped off.

I'd rather fly from Birmingham or Luton, and we all know how bad they are.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 December 2017, 19:53:04 »

Have you got away yet Nige?

Nope, due to go at 20:50 tomorrow (wednesday), so leave home at 15:30, LHR - Hongkong, 1:20 on the ground - HK to Melbourne. Get in 24 hours later than originally planned having not had any time off, to pick up hire car and drive 3 hours to brother in laws. Just hope I'm not too knackered... :(

Still don't know where our bags are, after over 3 hours on the phone,  I now have a lost baggage reference number, computer says "we are searching for your bags" ... so telling them they were in Singapore, and the lady who had Chris's  has phoned again to say that she had delivered it to Changi AND explained that we would not be going through there at all, was a total waste of time apparently. :(

I accept that the folk who work for BA are probably nice, conscientious, hard working folks doing their best, but the system stinks, nah .. worse than that .. it's crap, everything done "on the cheap" and to suit the company not the customer .. why else only have an automated message system that will NOT allow contact to a human operator ??

When I "forced" them to put me through by a different route I got a "new" recorded message for a while which actually said "if you have a missing baggage reference number, log on to ba.com/baggage and enter the number. If you don't have one please hold for an agent. Please have your missing baggage reference number available for the agent" .... now .. I know I'm thick .. but where is the sense in that ??? and guess what the first question from the agent (eventually) was ..... :(

Not happy, and it's NOT "knocking BA" .. its describing what has actually happened to me over the last 48 hours...

1) flight cancelled at 30 minutes notice (they must have known well before that point)
2) Message: "Contact Airline" .. so queues at information desk
3) Instruction: "leave the terminal by gate 24" .. to go where ?? to do what ??
3 hours later - 21:30
4) Information from BA girl, You must contact by phone we are not rebooking, leave the terminal - phone number given has a message "office hours at 9:30 to 5:00pm"
5) I ask her what I'm supposed to do when I "leave the terminal" - "go home and phone in tomorrow" - how do I get home - 80 miles and no car ? - "Oh.". thinks .. "go to section f in departures" - First piece of actual info in 3 hours.
6) leave terminal , but have to go via immigration, alog with thousands of others, 1 1/2 hours, to leave .. no sign of bags in baggage claim, no information, and no staff to ask.
7) Get to "section" F ... the idea of "help to arrange accommodation was to be given a leaflet if 6 languages that said .. make your own arrangements, we will only pay you the following amounts ...
8 ) Ask about bags .. "they are in secure storage and will be put on your rebooked flight"
9) Eventually get to hotel at gone midnight, no food and no beer...
10) Flight rebooked for late wednesday, hotel bill will be paid if we stay there, and eat on £25 a day, (breakfast £18, cheapest burger at the bar for lunch £13, so what about dinner ??) but if we go home the transport is not covered. So it seems we are expected to spend 5 days in the same clothes and hardly eat.

Add to that the message on the paperwork, and web site .. "we will keep you informed by email and SMS text" ... and just guess how many emails and texts I've had ?? Thats right .. NONE .. and yes, they DO have all my details, and I've checked them several times.

I also had a wife in tears who could see her plans for visiting family places in Singapore going out the window, (and she was right), and possibly not seeing her brother and the rest of her family as planned.

I won't start to try and list todays stupidity, but we still don't know if we will have clothes in Australia

If that is "knocking" BA .. well so be it .. your opinion will differ from mine ... I obviously have a different interpretation of what "Customer Service" means than you do.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 December 2017, 20:02:59 »

Sounds like a real crappy experience, sorry it’s inpacted what sounded like a mega trip.

Hope you get there as per the new plan  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 December 2017, 21:19:26 »

opps it Nige knock BA as it sounds like a complete and utter oppsing shambles!  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 December 2017, 23:08:55 »

So anyone know how a bag can fly to , in this case Singapore, with no person ?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 December 2017, 23:30:52 »

I must admit, my last flight on BA had me thinking I might just as well have used Ryanair, as exactly the same "budget" level of service was on offer for rather more money.

The only way to get a seat reservation next to your partner appears to be to fly with suffer them enough to get an executive club card as they get to scarf all the seat reservations before I even got to pay for one. >:(

This from and ex-silver card holder who flew with them at least every 2 weeks throughout the 90's and 00's. There's no doubt they've gone down the shitter since.

But.. my woes were nothing like what you're experiencing, Nigel. :o I do hope your troubles are soon over and you can get on with enjoying your holiday. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.